Any Black Friday-ers out there?

Options

Replies

• kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Our stores of choice always depend on what we are looking for. We do the stores above in order by opening times.

Us Too! I go out with my sister. Everyone else in the family thinks we're nuts! After Turkey dinner we'll rip open the flyers and find what we want then plan our attack strategy. We usually get up around 3am so we can grab our coffee and get our big important deals out of the way first.

We usually hit up the not-so-crowded stores as well. It seems we can find exactly what we need by going to a non-screaming-kicking-crying-pushing-store.

Another great "secret" is Menards! There's usually some GREAT deals. Always packed though so maybe not a big secret? :blushing:
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    I can't tell you those places because our secret would be out!

Spoken like a true black friday-er :laugh:

ditto! :glasses:

Dang you!! I'm a giver, I would tell!! :flowerforyou:

:devil: Ok. I'll tell. TJ MAxx and Ross etc., for some reason are EMPTY on black friday. They have tons of deals! I did the majority of my shopping there last year and never even had to bust out a credit card.

Hmmmm.....TJ Maxx you say? I will have to speak to my co-horts about that....thanks!!

Our first stop is usually wal mart and what a nightmare that is......have to say I don't do a lot there usually just wait in line for one or two items that have to be absolutely worth it or I won't bother......then off the Christmas Tree Shoppe they have awesome deals for putting together baskets and stuff. Last year I saved so much there with my black friday coupon that I "bought" a set of flannel sheets for myself with the savings. My SIL still busts on me because I bragged so much about my free sheets. Then is Toys R Us. That is where the bulk of my budget goes, but again, good deals buy one get onest etc.. Then we have wine and LUNCH. Then wrap up any last people on our list wtih Boscov's, etc..

I'm from a small town but we go to my bil and sil for thanksgiving and they live outside schenectady ny so....bigger city bigger deals.....it's def worth the hassle for me. And kinda fun....secretly....:laugh:
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    oh and thanks for the Petsmart idea! Never would have thought of going there. I will definitely hit it up this year for my babies! :)
  • steppann
    Options
    My SIL and I go out every year. I think its like the only day that we both have a day with NO KIDS. Our husbands are very well trained for our Black Friday shopping adventure. They have kids, I preorder pizza to be delivered for there lunch and they even know when we come home let us sleep. We are always so excited we dont even bother going to sleep on Thanksgiving night. We mark our adds, drink lots of Red Bull (sugar free this year lol) and hit the road. We are always so excited we act like little school girls. We have had people want to go with us because they get such a kick out of our funny stories but NEVER, it just wouldn't be the same. My favorite trip was we was in Walmart waiting to get tvs. They had the line ran through the little girls department. I was infront of my SIL and they cut the roap and she ran me over with her buggy and shoved me into the clothes rack that I managed to pull over on top of me. I was laughing so hard I peed myself. She stopped to help and I yell get the tv's. As soon as I was up on my feet she THROWS the tv at me. Umm yeah I have no idea where she got the muscles for that all of a sudon but good news, WE GOT THE TV!!! Now look you got me all excited to go. I CANT WAIT.
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Oh, and I dunno about the rest of you but for the most part, I find people are less grumpy on black friday than at other times in the shopping season. There's a sense of camraderie, sisterhood (with the occasional brave brother sprinkled in). I don't know how often I see someone and we'll kinda smile and roll our eyes like......we're in this mess together!

Except for Wal Mart....all bets are off at that place.....last year I watched two women slug it out over an ipod.

Seriously.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I go every year with my youngest and, usually, 2 or 3 of her friends. I usually have my shopping done way before then, so I am just there to chauffer, pay for snacks and carry bags.

This year she is 17 and has a car. I used to b*tch about going, but I will be dissapointed this year if she goes without me.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My crazy sister, we are Canadian drives down to Watertown or Syracuse to take part in your traditional Black Friday shopping! It has been an annual tradition of hers for years.

Sounds like alot of crazy fun and great deals.

Enjoy!

Karen

Also Canadian driving from Winnipeg to Fargo for Black Friday Shopping. Travelling with 2 girlfriends and staying two nights in a hotel. A whole lot of fun.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you those places because our secret would be out!

Spoken like a true black friday-er :laugh:

ditto! :glasses:

Dang you!! I'm a giver, I would tell!! :flowerforyou:

:devil: Ok. I'll tell. TJ MAxx and Ross etc., for some reason are EMPTY on black friday. They have tons of deals! I did the majority of my shopping there last year and never even had to bust out a credit card.

Hmmmm.....TJ Maxx you say? I will have to speak to my co-horts about that....thanks!!

Our first stop is usually wal mart and what a nightmare that is......have to say I don't do a lot there usually just wait in line for one or two items that have to be absolutely worth it or I won't bother......then off the Christmas Tree Shoppe they have awesome deals for putting together baskets and stuff. Last year I saved so much there with my black friday coupon that I "bought" a set of flannel sheets for myself with the savings. My SIL still busts on me because I bragged so much about my free sheets. Then is Toys R Us. That is where the bulk of my budget goes, but again, good deals buy one get onest etc.. Then we have wine and LUNCH. Then wrap up any last people on our list wtih Boscov's, etc..

I'm from a small town but we go to my bil and sil for thanksgiving and they live outside schenectady ny so....bigger city bigger deals.....it's def worth the hassle for me. And kinda fun....secretly....:laugh:

Ugh. I hate Walmart on normal days, you couldn't drag me there on Black Friday for all the money in the world!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I go every year with my youngest and, usually, 2 or 3 of her friends. I usually have my shopping done way before then, so I am just there to chauffer, pay for snacks and carry bags.

This year she is 17 and has a car. I used to b*tch about going, but I will be dissapointed this year if she goes without me.

Awww, what a sweet dad you are. My dad thinks we're totally nuts!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I dunno about the rest of you but for the most part, I find people are less grumpy on black friday than at other times in the shopping season. There's a sense of camraderie, sisterhood (with the occasional brave brother sprinkled in). I don't know how often I see someone and we'll kinda smile and roll our eyes like......we're in this mess together!

Except for Wal Mart....all bets are off at that place.....last year I watched two women slug it out over an ipod.

Seriously.

You're right. I think that everybody that does it thinks it's crazy- but we all do it anyways. There are quite a few men that shop near us. but we make friends with everyone.
    As far as walmart.... not my favorite anytime, much less BF. Not sure ANYTHING they have would get me there. The line wraps around the building before midnight (Last year it was 10p) for a 6am opening. I'd rather go to Target and pay an extra $5 for the same thing. *Mental note- if going into walmart, have video camera ready...* And WHY is it that all bets are off??? It's SO true!!

FANTASTIC stories everybody!! Can't wait to check back after Thanksgiving to see what everybody found!! :bigsmile:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My daughter actually brought up Black Friday this weekend. We were discussing the menu for Thanksgiving (I am the cook) and the events of the evening. Then she asked what time dinner would be. When I asked why, she said because we had to get up early the next day for Black Friday.
  • steppann
    Options
    Looks like your going with your girls. :-)
  • JoyceJoanne
    Options
    My daughter actually brought up Black Friday this weekend. We were discussing the menu for Thanksgiving (I am the cook) and the events of the evening. Then she asked what time dinner would be. When I asked why, she said because we had to get up early the next day for Black Friday.

YAY!!! COOL DAD POINTS!!
  • pitapocket
    Options
    Does anyone know any great sites for obtaining in store coupons for Black Friday?
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Looks like a few ads have been leaked (most likely on purpose). Black Friday cannot come fast enough!!!
  • JoyceJoanne
    Options
    Ads have been 'leaked'.... THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Not sure where to find in store coupons unless they are on the ads themselves. Did you do a google search?? If not, try that. I know there are lots of 'coupon' sites out there.
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love Black Friday!! It is so fun! My husband thinks I am absolutely insane but I don't mind cause that just means he can stay at home with the kids and I can be insane alone(without kids) lol I have went every year for the last 5 years with my mom and my aunt.

Luckily we live in a small town that has a little Walmart and they always have plenty of the different sale items. I refuse to go to a Super Walmart!! That place is insane on a regular day. Then after we hit our walmart as we call it we drive 45 minutes to the rest of the stores. Usually Walmar, Khol's, Target, JCPenny, Sears, the mall, then to end it all we go to Walgreens to pick up our wrapping paper.

Also some of the ads are already posted on www.blackfriday.info check it out.
  • pitapocket
    Options
    I went to this website and got coupons for JCPenny 15% off, Famous Shoes $5.00 off, Gordman's 15% off, Kohls, Macy's are sending after email sign up. It's a start.

http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/2005/10/retail-coupons.html
  • jsecret
    Options
    Looking like Target, Sears, Ace Hardware, Staples, Walgreens (I think), and a few others are out! Unfortunatly the ones I'm concerned with won't come out until Thanksgiving (aka: Walmart, Sam's Club, Toys R Us).

And please pray for us since the hubby wants to go to Best Buy this year...
  • jsecret
    Options
    Also! I'm looking for a NICE nikon or canon camera, the kind with the changeable lenses... any idea where there might be a sale on those for black friday???