Beating The Odds...One Squat At A Time!

Options

Replies

• garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone!!! Since I first posted my story, I've received a huge outpouring of love and support!! I cannot even begin to thank you guys enough for all of your love and encouragement! It means more to me than you will ever know!
    Well, well, well young Lady I must say that it takes one hell of a story to get me to post or respond to. You have managed to get a response from me. What a awesome and one of the most incredible stories of struggle, loss and overcoming that I have read in a very long time. You really should send this in to multiple Magazines for publishing. Because it is that inspiring. You truly DESERVE a STANDING OVATION for your outstanding success. Thank you for sharing and you continue to kick butt!

I appreciate your kind words so very much! A lot of people have suggested that I write my ENTIRE story, and make it into a book. (I've had quite the adventure in my life...and what you've read is only a drop in the bucket!) I would love to someday write it all down...but I doubt anyone would ever BUY such a book! Lol! Thank you, though, for the amazing encouragement. It means so much!!! And yes...I plan on continuing to kick butt and take names! ;-)
  • MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome job MaryBeth!:flowerforyou: I read your entire story and what an inspiration you are to me and anyone else who reads your story. Please keep us updated w/your progress and keep writing...very inspiring! :love:
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    Awesome job MaryBeth!:flowerforyou: I read your entire story and what an inspiration you are to me and anyone else who reads your story. Please keep us updated w/your progress and keep writing...very inspiring! :love:

You are too kind! Thank you so much! I will do my best to keep everyone posted. I will probably do another "update"...aka..."really long post that a lot of folks won't read" ha ha!!...once I hit my one year mark! It's definitely neat to have it all written out so that I can see how far I've come. :-) Thanks again! :-)
  • 86myHeadache
    86myHeadache Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You Are Amazing! :drinker:
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Dandeliiondreams Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Your Adorable !! Im glad you found your husband to help push you through !!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    This is, HANDS DOWN, the most motivational story I have read on MFP.

You are amazing...truly amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    Simply - I'm sure you're that proud of yourself, but know that not only am I proud of you, but everybody who's read your story is proud of you. You've come through a lot to get to where you are, and it shows in body AND mind. Congratulations.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Way to put up a fight! Your story is amazing, and so are YOU!!! Keep rockin' it, girl! :flowerforyou:
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    All I can say is thank you for sharing your story! I feel for you and all the pain you are going through and yet manage to do so many amazing things! Tears for your pain..and tears for your happiness today. :)

I will think of you the next time I pick up something easy to make, or decide I am too tired to do something. You are an inspiration!
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Proud of u
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: unfortunately and oddly I can relate to your story quite a bit. i'm sorry there is no "cure" for your condition because a simple surgery that i had to wait too long for was the solution to mine. I hope that the measures you have planned help a lot. i am elated to see though that you have made such excellent progress anyways. the biggest progress i think you made was when you upgraded your husband from that other SO.

Congratulations on all you have accomplished, you truly deserve it and are such a great example of what can be done when someone is mentally right, flexible, faithful, and self motivated in the face of such dire adversity. You are an excellent example to so many. I'm happy for you. :drinker:
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and words of encouragement! I suffer from chronic foot pain, and the condition that causes the foot pain also causes ankle/knee/hip/back pain. I do my best everyday to push my limits. I was told not to walk for exercise but I still do when I can, and ride the stationary bike when I can as well. For so long I was down on myself because of my limitations, one of which is the inability to wear heels (and only able to wear ugly old people tennis shoes with orthotics). Over the last year, I have been working to overcome my negative self image by telling myself that "I" am not fat, "I" am skinny and just need to act/eat like it. I do have days that the pain is too severe to walk even, but I look at those as rest days to focus on healthy eating. Smalls steps are key.
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What an incredible story. You have really inspired me.
  • Rocky_ZG
    Rocky_ZG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This story should be sent to many people who claim that they cannot accomplish something.
    And then after reading it ask them - what was your excuse again? :)
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    You guys are absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much for all of your kind words! I appreciate them more than you know! It hasn't been easy by any means...but I am proud of myself for getting this far, and now I know I will continue to fight to get to where I need and want to be! You guys rock!!! Thanks again!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Great job!
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow your story moved me to tears. What an inspiration you are!!
  • garrisonwife
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone!! I appreciate all the love, support and feedback I've gotten from this post! I've made some truly amazing friends through this process as well! Thank you!!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    this made me a little misty. im so proud of you, great job. Whenever i am faltering i will think of your story
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I know this is petty and not at all your words, but I hope your ex chokes on something when he sees what he couldn't live with anymore.....LOL

Amazing job

Indeed.

I will be seeing him, his child and his brand new son on Thanksgiving. Ohhh...I meant to say WIFE...not child. (But really, she was in 4th grade when I started dating him almost 14 years ago and he was 24 then...soooooo...yeah.) I can't say it won't be a tad bit fun for me and the hubs! He also happens to be 5'3" and maybe 130 lbs soaking wet. I'll be there with my new body, and I'll be on the arm of my smokin' hot, 6'4" 230 lb, amazing hubby!! Smile and wave, smile and wave. :drinker:

Nice reply, hope Thanksgiving was a great Holiday..and the smile and wave was as much fun as I think it was!! Very inspirational story!! Loved it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!