"B" belly success?

Options

Replies

• coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    OMG I love this term! I actually have this, and my stomach is quite flat- I hold most of my weight on my hips/thighs/ upper arms. However, it is flattening out as I get closer to goal- It's just a flatter, less pronounced "B". Hard work and lifting... I want an " I " belly haha!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Definitely have a B belly but am working to get rid of it. Love looking at after pics, very motivating that I can do this.
  • Ibleedlipstick
    Ibleedlipstick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have this and I swear, my stomach looks worse now than it did 30lbs ago. I know that the skin just needs time to catch up, but I feel so gross.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sharing my pics, so you can see my progress at losing my B belly. For me, the upper portion of the B is what I dislike more, but I'm so glad that you can see how it's shrinking in these pictures! I'm hoping that as I start adding more strength training, I'll see more of a reduction.

finalfrontprogress2_zps22eb7e96.jpg

finalsideprogress2_zps3bf217d2.jpg
  • jolancy
    jolancy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate, I have the dreaded 'B' belly too (otherwise known as my Twin-Tub!!) 46lbs down and it's still there, but much smaller than it used to be. Another 10lbs to go, really don't think it's going to go away without some serious strength training tho'!!
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OMG, I so did not know there was a term for this! I have always had a B belly. I've always thought it was from wearing jeans that cut into my waist too much when I was overweight in my teens (I'm 32 now). It's the top part that I hate the most and though it's gotten smaller it has not gone away. Like previous posters said though, even at my highest weight of 205 lbs., I still had an hour glass-ish shape with a very defined waist. I could have worse complaints, I know. I figure the worst my B belly can do to me is keep me from wearing bikinis. :)
  • Reverse crunches are very good to get rid of the "b" or "pouch" and oblique twist or oblique crunches, hope this helped (:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches are very good to get rid of the "b" or "pouch" and oblique twist or oblique crunches, hope this helped (:

No. The only way to get rid of it is to lose the body fat. There aren't exercises that spot reduce in the way you think they do.
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    I don't know if my tummy counts as a B belly but the majority of my stomach fat is around my lower stomach and I have a very small amount of fat around my ribs. Duno if that counts o.O
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    GONE!

25d7b3d7-a411-4fdc-ad19-dd7dbd11fadd_zps42e7b107.jpg

You can see it a lot better in my bra/undies pics, but I'm not posting those here ;) OP, I would consider sharing them with you via PM though, so drop me a line if interested.

Wow thanks for sharing the difference is awesome!!
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm a B belly too, but nice to hear others hate it too, I just thought I wore my pants too tight all through my childhood and it created that B shape, guess not. :)
  • roxierachael
    roxierachael Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    B bellies are healthier than D bellies ... D bellies are composed mainly of visceral fat (bad), where as B bellies are composed mainly of subcutaneous fat ...

This ^^^^^ You're less likely to have a heart attack with a B belly. If anything, be thankful for that.
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    B belly here as well, though it does finally seem to be shrinking, heading more to a b. I hate my belly! The amount of people who say to me these days that I don't need to lose any more weight, they don't realise just how well clothes can hide it!! With no clothes on it is gross :embarassed:
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Other people have this too?! I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I'd love to be able to flatten mine out. Even at my slimmest non ED weight, there's still a bit of a 'dent' and it bothers me to no end. When I sit down, I give myself a small red mark from the dent across my tummy (not the best photo to illustrate the issue but: JyGNQcZ.jpg) It's better than it used to be, though. Currently ~115lbs at just over 5ft4.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    wow thanks for sharing the difference-
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    I get that all the time you shouldn't lose anymore weight-I lost 94 pounds 5 years ago- and have kept it off- I workout a lot and still never feel great about my body- at the gym people will say look how toned you are -and I thank yea clothes are a great for hidding:smile:
  • naomijuliette96
    naomijuliette96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It went away when I hit 140lbs... I'm 5'8
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have one!

My highest weight was 170 at 5'2. Went from B to b and it's slowly shrinking to a flatter stomach as I lose fat. I'm currently at 124 and I still have a small belly.
  • Krisn204
    Krisn204 Posts: 2
    Options
    I definitely have that 'B' belly! I've heard that wearing high waist-ed pants can cause this but even really young, I've seen pictures of myself with that weird indent in the middle of my belly. Not to say that that might not be true but B belly is just the way my body is naturally.... but I'm hoping with weight loss it will go away or at least become less prominent. I have a weight loss blog on tumblr and these are some of my before and afters if you'd like to see a comparison. The first one I'm at 175lbs and then the second I'm at 163lbs. Oh and also I'm about 5'4.

You'll have to copy and paste the url's I guess but the here's me at 175lbs:
    http://media.tumblr.com/e164f50279a78fd35ae756caf83ed6cc/tumblr_inline_mfmwpeq58y1rb91ob.png

Me at 163lbs:
    https://31.media.tumblr.com/9379580db4ea3b0ffb49c1e8f68e3a2d/tumblr_inline_n2alx93uH81rb91ob.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!