Christmas Challenge: Nazareth to Bethlehem (157 km)

Options

Replies

• kayb58
    kayb58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in on this also, sounds like great fun. Perfect holiday idea!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 walked 1/2 for 3.5 miles! Have 87 miles to go!!! My three yr old grandson and his little schnauzer went along in the baby jogger!!
  • purplenut
    Options
    now at 5.75 mile
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I saw this the other day and I have convinced a few of my co-workers, friends and family to do this with me. So, now I'll report on here, so I'm not only responsible to them, but to all of you too!

I'm having everyone in my challenge report in once a week, so I'll either be on that schedule or a more often. We started November 1. I did 2.5 miles this morning!

I think this is great to get in my exercise throughout the holiday season! Thanks for the idea!! :flowerforyou:
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!! Great for the approaching holidays. I am starting today!! I am supposed to be training for a half marathon in January and need to get my butt moving again, so this will get me started. Count me in!!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that this challenge continues to grow, a big welcome to all our newbies over the weekend!

So, I put in another 5 km.

19 km down, 138 km to go!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Count me in...now to find a ticker and a pedometer...
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Lol, I got really excited about this because I used to live in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - and there's a small town next door called Nazareth. So I thought it was like a half marathon or something ;)
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I live near Bethlehem, PA - a race from there to Nazareth is a great idea :-)
  • Logeo21
    Logeo21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I am new to the boards, I have been logging my food and exercise on the site for about 3 months. I belonged to biggest loser club prior and would love to join your challenge. Please count me in! What are the particulars? Just updating our mileage?

I had just made a exercise ticker with a goal of 100 miles by Christmas so this fits perfectly!

Thanks!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    WOW it is great to see all the people getting in their mileage by joining this group!!!!
    It was another beautiful day so I took my 3 furry kids and we ran 6.5 miles!! I now have 80.5 miles to go!!! Hope the weather stays nice so I can continue to run outside in the fresh air instead of inside on the"dreadmill"!!!
  • goldilocks007
    Options
    I'd love to join the challenge as well. This is such a great idea. I rode the bike for 3 miles and walked for 1 mile today for a total of 4 miles today. Tommorrow is a swim day. Hope swimming counts!
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Of course swimming counts!!! It's great exercise. Welcome to our new additions. Check in whenever you would like with the number of miles or kilometers that you have put in :flowerforyou:

So, I decided to go to the gym and got in another 7 km.

25 km down, 132 to go!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, All.

Just checking in (and made a holiday ticker to "celebrate" the challenge). Hope everyone has a great week!

exercise.png
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yikes .. maybe the accountability will make me train for that January half. So, I'm starting as of November 01 and my goals are N to B running by Christmas, and weekly by bike.
    Running Nov 1: 5.5k, Nov 02: 10k is 15.5km, 151.5 to go.
    Cycling Nov 01 was 40, Nov 02: 6k (UPHILL!!!!!!!) 111 to go this week.
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    This sounds like a fantastic idea! I may have to join you on horseback or power walking though :)
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sounds Brilliant! I'm in!

Off to make a ticker :smile:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Those tickers are soooo cool! I am computer dense but am wondering HOW you make them??

Today was a gym day while waiting to get new tires put on my car. I had a "chatter" by me while on the elliptical and when I last looked it was 3miles. I will go with that although it was a little more and then I lifted weight and did ab work for another 35 minutes! A good overall workout!! I have 77.5 miles to gooooooo!!!!!
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Those tickers are soooo cool! I am computer dense but am wondering HOW you make them??

To add an exercise ticker:
    (just figured this one out myself):

Go to www.tickerfactory.com , click on fitness/exercise tickers and follow the directions. Then, copy and paste the code from the site into your signature. To add more miles, simply return to the site and press the "add" button next to the accumulated value.
  • vhuber
    Options

To add an exercise ticker:
    (just figured this one out myself):

Go to www.tickerfactory.com , click on fitness/exercise tickers and follow the directions. Then, copy and paste the code from the site into your signature. To add more miles, simply return to the site and press the "add" button next to the accumulated value.
    I am obviously doing something wrong! I got to where the box's where we copy/paste the code but I am getting the http/url writing and NOT my ticker that I had made! What now? I am a duh, sorry!!!