Films that make grown men cry!

Options

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm not ashamed to say Hotel Rwanda made me (and several others) literally wail out loud in the movie theater.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Never cried watching any film. Except for one, when I was 15. Terminator 2, the bit at the end when arnies being lowered into the molten metal....the music's going...."doey deee do do do, doey deee do do DO di" and he's crying and the Conner boy is crying....doey deee, do do doooo....and then just his hand is left....and it gives one last wave....SOB :sad:
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It used to be only certain things in movies made me cry. As I get older I find myself getting emotional over silly things. For instance, before I would only cry when a beloved character died, or seeing someone else in agonizing greif. My favorite movie is The Other Sister, and there's 2 parts that make me cry: the part where Daniel cries about his bad grades and the part where he and Carla fight. However, a few days ago I watched Sister Act 2, and the part where Wesley "Ahmal" hits that high note and shocks everyone I teared up :laugh: now I feel like an old lady. Also, the movie We Were Soldiers makes my boyfriend cry - and he's about as manly as you can get!

Edited to say: I also cry during Hope Floats when that poor baby chases after her daddy and the movie Mystic Pizza when the one sister realizes the man she babysits for is playing her when his wife returns - and she's crying to Julia Roberts about how stupid and unloved she feels :sad:
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    I Am Legend..... when his dog died. I nearly left the theater. The movie was over for me at that point.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Apollo 13 chokes me up every time.

Also, I took my kid to see " A Bridge to Tarabithia". I knew nothing about it, and I welled up for about 10 minutes when that thing happens.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Braveheart
    Million Dollar Baby
    Rocky
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I heard my hubby snuffling near the end of Marley and Me. I actually could NOT watch the ending, I had to leave the room. I have yet to watch it. I am so emotional when it comes to sad movies.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My dad cries when he watches 50 First Dates
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Marley and Me, Million Dollar Baby - never seen him so upset!

:cry:
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    I got choked up and teary-eyed at Marley & Me.... and then promptly jumped my wife's @ss for taking me to a movie where she knew in advance the dog was going to die. Seriously, who wants to go see a movie where the best friend dies?!?!??!?!
  • Ninguneado77
    Options
    Lots of European films are deeply moving. I remember recently Of Gods and Men was really powerful. One Polish film "Korczack" about a men who tried to save children in the Holocaust. American films?…. Saving Private Ryan, only the end...
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I got choked up and teary-eyed at Marley & Me.... and then promptly jumped my wife's @ss for taking me to a movie where she knew in advance the dog was going to die. Seriously, who wants to go see a movie where the best friend dies?!?!??!?!

A lot of women apparently
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    'Simon Birch', and I have no idea why. I was actually on a date and pretended to have a stomach ache so I could sneak off and collect myself.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I'm going to list mine anyways...The War with Elijah Wood and Kevin Costner makes me cry like no other movie. I can't watch The Land Before Time by myself because of the part where Little Foot runs up to the cliff and licks it because he thinks his shadow is his mom.
  • ronnielamm
    Options
    kazaam had me ballin fah hourz
  • andrewj87
    Options
    People cried when Marley died?...Didn't anyone cry when they shot Cujo?? Poor dog never asked to get rabies and savagely kill a bunch of people...
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hachi a Dog's Tate with Richard Gere - OMG! So glad I was not out in public when I saw this. It's not about a dying dog (Marley & Me) - It's different.

Taking Chance with Kevin Bacon - very moving.

im a chick and not much makes me cry (unless its with animals) but i couldn't even watch the trailer for that movie without bawling.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Im not a guy but I too cry when something happens to animals and kids and grown men, Idk why
    -Titanic
    - Black Hawk Down
    -Saving Private Ryan
    - Warrior
    - I am Legend
    - Turner and Hooch
    - Sex and the City (more than once)
    - The Green Mile
    - Lion King
    - My Sister's Keeper
    and those are only the ones I can think off right now, I am over emotional lol
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    August rush