Locker rooms

Options
I have to ask based on normal observation why do men get so damn creeped out by other men in the locker room naked? People fo their to work out some actually do shower after that so what is the big deal? I guess to me I am losing patience with everyone who looks at you like you are some alien for being that way in a locker room. I think for those it bothers so much you should go workout at home if seeing other guys undressed makes you feel weird. Just my rant about that..

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Seeing other guys naked next to me makes me feel uncomfortable cos secretly I know I am a little gay inside. And besides, what if his thing is bigger than my thing? That would completely crash my ego!

Man psychology explained, you welcome! :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    In this society, nudity = sex. Nudity isn't some "normal" function, it's connected with sex. Top that off with men being told that they're not supposed to be okay with any sort of connection to homosexuality or else they aren't "real" men, and you've got a lock of locker-room jitteriness.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the same thing happens in the women's locker room. i've heard plenty of women complain about other women being naked in the lockers and drying themselves off :laugh:

i never understood it
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Because of creeps like me… totally checking out the other fit lady bods. :ohwell:
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Awww man I thought I was in for a crunchy locker story

/dissapointed

But on a serious note, I don't get it either. If my nakedness in the locker room makes other uncomfortable then they can just look eslewhere or walk away. They were meant for people to, you know, take a shower and undress lol
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Yeah - it happens in the men and women.

For me I am totally uncomfortable because I feel like if I glance and see someone naked then suddenly I've invaded their privacy? Or if I do see someone totally fit I might look an extra second wondering how the hell they got to look so good.

I do think it's strange when people will wander about the locker rooms completely naked - male or female. If you are drying off and getting dressed that's one thing but I don't get needing to be naked drying your hair, putting on make up, etc.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

For me I am totally uncomfortable because I feel like if I glance and see someone naked then suddenly I've invaded their privacy? Or if I do see someone totally fit I might look an extra second wondering how the hell they got to look so good.

I do think it's strange when people will wander about the locker rooms completely naked - male or female. If you are drying off and getting dressed that's one thing but I don't get needing to be naked drying your hair, putting on make up, etc.

makes sense to me. it's usually warmer in the lockers rooms because of showers, hot tubs and steam rooms. getting dressed too soon when you still have to walk around usually means you're going to end up sweaty again and it's easier to dry off when you're not clothed. add to that if you've had a good workout then even after the shower you're body is still a bit on the warm side.

it makes no sense in those cases to get dressed and YOU be uncomfortable with sweatiness just so someone else doesn't feel uncomfortable looking at your naked body.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i couldn't give a damn about naked men in the locker room. but when they want to have a conversation while flopping around, it's time for me to go.

i hope "natural" hiker doesn't mean what i think it means
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Locker rooms you never know what you will find in them. No thanks.

7IdNU99.jpg?1
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have to ask based on normal observation why do men get so damn creeped out by other men in the locker room naked? People fo their to work out some actually do shower after that so what is the big deal? I guess to me I am losing patience with everyone who looks at you like you are some alien for being that way in a locker room. I think for those it bothers so much you should go workout at home if seeing other guys undressed makes you feel weird. Just my rant about that..

Put a shirt on!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have not heard once in the woman's locker room anyone complain about someone being naked.
    We all have the same parts, what is the big deal?
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Well, as long as you're not practicing puppetry of the penis, you should be fine. Just don't look directly at the other guys, it makes them nervous.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    i couldn't give a damn about naked men in the locker room. but when they want to have a conversation while flopping around, it's time for me to go.

QFT^

aocd7T7.jpg
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. I don't parade around naked but not hiding behind my towel. At times,while dressing, I have even talked to other women while getting dressed. However, I rent my locker so I tend to see the same ones. Just cause we might talk a little doesn't mean I want to have sex with them! Eww. Grow up ppl. We all have the same stuff.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

The stupid towels at my old gym were small enough that it took one for the top and one for the bottom, and then they always came undone. I am not going to spend all my getting ready time battling two towels falling off every 3 seconds, so I'd skip the top one a lot to have a hand free to brush my hair, etc. I didn't put on my clothes yet either because of what meshashesha said: too hot/humid in there.

The ladies at my gym did talk to you while naked. Didn't bother me a bit. Granted, everyone either stood, sat or walked normally and there were no strange positions going on!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Just don't hog all the bathroom stalls changing in them, either. Some of us actually need to use them for what they're meant for!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Just don't hog all the bathroom stalls changing in them, either. Some of us actually need to use them for what they're meant for!
    Doing cocaine right?:wink:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

QFT^

aocd7T7.jpg

I've always thought this problem could be easily remedied if all the men simply hung a wet washcloth on their personal portable "towel holder". That provides the necessary modesty on the offending part whilst also leaving you hands free to carry the other toiletries.
  • Naturalhiker
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts here, the women stating we have same stuff I agree and as far as conversations etc while undressing anymore than a simple good morning is a bit much. And yes society has made most or all men feel like it is wrong to be that way around other men. Like it is an instant action that makes you gay.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    The gym I used to go to had a changing stall as part of the shower. Never had to deal with it.