Thanksgiving weight gain

Options

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I win! 4 lbs! BUT I haven't gone yet...if you know what I mean. That should drop it down to a 1 lb weight gain...
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Overate by a few hundred calories. Down 1.1 pounds from yesterday morning. Lowest weight since I started losing almost a year ago. Funny thing is, I was on an attempted bulk until a few weeks ago, and only stopped because I had to put my weights away for a while. :ohwell:
  • Kathleenkirkendoll
    Options
    Up 1.2 lb., but not worried - back on track today. Exercise first and then make good choices eating without going over my calorie intake for the goals I set.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    No gain!
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Up 0.2 lbs. No real gain. :)

same here :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    in recovery and trying not to weigh. i would guess maybe half a pound as any amount i eat my body holds on to. i upped to 1200/1300 from 800s and gained 3 lbs in a matter of days :noway:

but glad to see you guys all haven't really gained much and know that it is fake weight and not letting it get to you :drinker:
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Didn't weigh in, but just put on some work out pants and they're definitely tighter today! Headed to the gym!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I only gained 0.2, but I ate very little the day before. It pretty much balanced out.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I am down 3lbs which is weird, either my scale was wrong in the beginning or the extra calories boosted my metabolism overnight. I did drink a lot of water yesterday but that's because old people keep their house hot.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Up 16 lbs. I ate the whole turkey.
  • keem88
    Options
    So who weighed in this morning, and how much did you gain??

I am up nearly a pound (.8 to be exact) but expect a full pound drop by Sunday.

I'm down a Lb...

You do realize that you didn't actually gain 1 Lb of fat right? You do realize that weight loss isn't linear and weight maintenance isn't static. Natural fluctuations can easily be 2-5 Lbs day to day. You probably had a bit more sodium than normal and/or more carbs than usual causing some extra water retention...or it could be your feast is still digesting and a bit of extra waste in your system...it isn't fat though.

Yes I do realize! :)

the OP never said she gained a pound of fat, she just seems to be curious about how much weight people gained from having a large feast, prolly just out of curiosity. but she never said she gained real weight or any fat. so why don't you learn to read before chiming in and thinking you know everything, and thank for enlightening us with that amazing new information none of us ever knew, you must be a prodigy.
  • keem88
    Options
    Up 16 lbs. I ate the whole turkey.

:laugh:
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's absurd to weigh yourself the morning after a huge meal, since it's going to be pretty inaccurate. :glasses: Soo I did not weigh myself, but my room-mate did and "gained" 3 pounds. She was about to cry and I was just like girlll, unless you ate 10,700 calories yesterday, you did not gain 3 pounds of fat. Go to the bathroom, drink some water, and weigh yourself again Sunday. :flowerforyou:
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Clearly this is a tongue-in-cheek thread. I spent the night elsewhere on Weds night so I didn't weigh-in on Thursday morning to compare, but from Weds AM to Friday AM I gained 1.3 pounds. No worries at all! It'll be gone in a few days. I couldn't eat more than one plateful (usually I have two, with the second not as extravagant as the first) and only two pieces of pumpkin pie. I drank a lot of soda. I'm sure it was a 4000 calorie day but I lose weight to enjoy my life and my time with family and friends, and I did that yesterday, so, mission accomplished!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I did drink a lot of water yesterday but that's because old people keep their house hot.

Old people DO keep their houses hot! My grandma's thermostat was set at 76! I don't put mine above 66. I know that's off topic, but I felt like I had to agree with this.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    don't know and don't care...

will wait a week and weigh in next friday...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    So who weighed in this morning, and how much did you gain??

I am up nearly a pound (.8 to be exact) but expect a full pound drop by Sunday.

I'm down a Lb...

You do realize that you didn't actually gain 1 Lb of fat right? You do realize that weight loss isn't linear and weight maintenance isn't static. Natural fluctuations can easily be 2-5 Lbs day to day. You probably had a bit more sodium than normal and/or more carbs than usual causing some extra water retention...or it could be your feast is still digesting and a bit of extra waste in your system...it isn't fat though.

you do realize that this is not a serious thread, right?
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Luckily I stayed at my dad's and he doesn't have one, so I wasn't even tempted. Honestly though, I know I eat more than I usually do, but I know I didn't eat 3500 over maintenance. I had fun, enjoyed my family's company, and that's all that matters.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh in but once a month now that I am in maintenance and weigh in isn't til next week.....
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My weight was stuck for several months and I finally lost 4 pounds last week. I was expecting a pound or two gain from yesterday because I ate too much because my body clings to the weight and gains easily but nope. Down another pound. Strange, strange body.