MY SCALES HAVE BEEN LYING TO ME! :(

13»

Replies

• jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    <---- Weighted in this morning and my BMI is now in technically the "overweight" category. :laugh:

Who cares? Not me. Do you wear you weight as a big number on your shirt? Is there a blinking neon sign above your head that says "14 STONES"? Of course not. Don't sweat it. Check your body fat % and go from there. As you can see from my picture, I'm pretty lean and you definitely wouldn't look at me and think "wow, she's overweight."
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    LOOK IN THE MIRROR. Grab a measuring tape.

That's when something usually comes up and I forget what I was doing.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Throw out the scale and buy a measuring tape. I've been at the same weight for two months but gone down a pants size. I guess my scale has been telling me lies too?

this. 100x this. cannot emphasize enough. i have lost pant sizes and stayed at roughly the same weight.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Cut out the drinking and you will no longer be "short of cash and constantly hungover."

^this

And then feel free to enjoy alcohol in moderation (or beyond) when your financial situation allows.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    LOOK IN THE MIRROR. Grab a measuring tape.

That's when something usually pops up and I forget what I was doing.
    Fixed that for you :flowerforyou:
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Scales vary by a lot, but a stone is a big difference. My scale on stones setting still tells me lbs too. Also I wouldn't assume the one at the gym is more accurate. More people use it & mess with it. It's hard to say which is accurate.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    I just found out a Nigerian "prince" and his bank manager have been lying to me about my savings account that I didn't know I had in the Bank of Nigeria! I only had to pay the taxes to get to my millions. So close.

Don't worry about it.... they got in touch with me, too..... I'm taking care of it.
  • aww you guysssss.

thank you, maybe i'll just stick to the measuring tape....in fact i may even just go on how I look/feel.
    I thought I looked decent until Shamen told me the scales were lying. perhaps they were doing me a favour haha.

I'd like to shape up before christmas hits though!
    Any ideas? I heard using a skipping rope is good for cardio, to be honest I'd feel a bit stupid doing it at the gym, all i do is run and do bicep curls with little weights.
  • Short of cash and hungover all the time... Now that is funny. Glad to see your priorities are straight. Hmm, lets see... Eat properly exercise, get good grades? Or! Party and blame an inanimate object for my problem

ouch!
  • My eyes have been lying to mep
  • My eyes have been lying to mep

To Mep? To ME.
  • wot hav dey dun lol
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Short of cash and hungover all the time... Now that is funny. Glad to see your priorities are straight. Hmm, lets see... Eat properly exercise, get good grades? Or! Party and blame an inanimate object for my problem

ouch!

Wabam!