Is takeaway food ok to have sometimes?

Options
2»

Replies

• DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. I don't go out of my way for takeaway's anymore, but the rest of my family do. At first, I used to refuse, but now I get something. Usually once a week, tbh.

Chicken fried rice, chips and curry sauce with prawn toast. <<< The ultimate Chinese takeaway!

Haha !! no way man, that's exactly one of the things i order from the chinese :P but sometimes instead of the chips i get chicken balls lol. Thanks for the good comments though everyone :)
  • miss_henrie
    miss_henrie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just like one healthy meal wont make you thin, one unhealthy one wont make you fat. Enjoy the treat but get back on the wagon afterwards.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Of course, some takeout is better than others. My co-workers and I have a cheat-sheet of healthy-ish menu items from the shops around work. Of course, a good plan beats an emergency burrito every time.
  • 3Mitch
    Options
    :D I have yet to see nutritional advice in a chippy :D
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    *ALL* food is okay to have sometimes.

^^^ Yup ^^^

If you want to be all virtuous and have a takeaway at the same get down the kebab shop and go for a chicken shish kebab - lean meat and salad wrapped in unleavened bread in other words. This is why people labelling fast food or takeaway as junk food is so dozy.

Otherwise just dive face first into your fish & chips and enjoy! Sure food is fuel but it should also be a pleasure.
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We eat dinner out twice a week, and i estimate calories cause we dont eat at many chain restaurants. I order sensibly and am close to fifty pounds gone. Eat all the foods, just watch your portions :)
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The way I see it is I am at some point in my life I am going to eat chocolate, eat crisps, have a takeaway, eat at a restaurant or have an alcoholic drink...so just count them in to your week and as long as you are under at the end of the week you should still lose. It's all about balance. If it's in your limits and you want it - eat it. Banning food just makes you miserable. That said, I don't eat them every day, and have got used to having my cheat foods once or twice a week. Moderation, I guess is what this process has taught me.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    No it's not.

Seriously though its fine. I eat takeaway chicken shish kebabs 1/2 times a week.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    The way I see it is I am at some point in my life I am going to eat chocolate, eat crisps, have a takeaway, eat at a restaurant or have an alcoholic drink...so just count them in to your week and as long as you are under at the end of the week you should still lose. It's all about balance. If it's in your limits and you want it - eat it. Banning food just makes you miserable. That said, I don't eat them every day, and have got used to having my cheat foods once or twice a week. Moderation, I guess is what this process has taught me.

Like. And then like this again.
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Takeaway is fine as long as it isn't every day - maybe once a week. You can also make good takeaway choices e.g. grilled fish and salad, or bad choice e.g. fried fish and chips.
  • PEIIslandGirl100
    PEIIslandGirl100 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes........there are no "bad" foods.

The only foods that you should not eat involve allergies, other than that anything is fair game (in moderation)

And if u have certain diseases. Avoid the foods that affect those diseases.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Takeaway is fine as long as it isn't every day - maybe once a week. You can also make good takeaway choices e.g. grilled fish and salad, or bad choice e.g. fried fish and chips.
    I practically live on restaurant food. It hasn't killed or stalled me yet.