What will your reward?

2»

Replies

• Good luck to everyone in achieving all your goals and I'd be honoured to help anyone with support and motivation along the way. If you think I can, please free to add me!

We're gonna do this!
  • i have thought about this alot too, i have several major big rewards i'm working towards, the most important is having a baby!, I'm hoping with weightloss, a healthier body and lifestyle will eventually result in a lovely little baby of my own! I 'm not that stupid to think it will be that easy but its what i want more than anything in the whole world!
    Along the way i will have reawrds for example, wedding pictures taken as when i got married 5 years ago i was so depressed and self concious i didnt allow any pictures to be taken :(, Also when i reach my final goal my husband will take me back to the uk for a london shopping spree and a reunion with my family. Maybe possibly a vowel renewal as my family didnt attend my first wedding in China!
    I am also giving myself treats for every 10 pounds i lose, spa day, weekend away, new piece of jewellery etc

Thanks so much xxx

Oh my gosh! How exciting to be able to look to future and the beautiful baby you will one day soon be holding in your arms! I'm absolutely routing for you and it's great that you're looking at this realistically. There will be tough times ahead for all of us, but that's when the support network on MFP will come into its own.

We look forward to having you back over in the UK!

Good luck :0)
  • thanks for your support!
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Prior to getting healthier I was physically in a very horrible place; my autoimmune disease caused constant pain so that I could barely even do the most basic things like cook or clean. Now, oddly enough those things are my rewards. I can be an average 20-something mom and wife, finally! While becoming healthier is only in part to thank for it, i still consider the gains I've earned as my rewards.

I've seen my FIL's face light up when I go out for a walk with him, played with my son until HE wanted us to stop, been with friends and not had to "sit it out." The healthier I get the better it gets, and it's awesome. I also have enjoyed getting to buy work out clothes, especially when they become a size smaller than before! But that's really a reward as much as a necessity.

Recently i made plans on getting something for myself at my halfway, three-quarter, and goal weights. For my halfway goal I either want to get a smallish tattoo or my ears repeirced, for my three-quarter goal to do whichever wasn't done at the halfway point and have my hair cut and colored, and for my goal weight I want to have a larger tattoo done and likely buy a new wardrobe (again out of necessity, but it'll stil be so much fun!).
  • Prior to getting healthier I was physically in a very horrible place; my autoimmune disease caused constant pain so that I could barely even do the most basic things like cook or clean. Now, oddly enough those things are my rewards. I can be an average 20-something mom and wife, finally! While becoming healthier is only in part to thank for it, i still consider the gains I've earned as my rewards.

I've seen my FIL's face light up when I go out for a walk with him, played with my son until HE wanted us to stop, been with friends and not had to "sit it out." The healthier I get the better it gets, and it's awesome. I also have enjoyed getting to buy work out clothes, especially when they become a size smaller than before! But that's really a reward as much as a necessity.

Recently i made plans on getting something for myself at my halfway, three-quarter, and goal weights. For my halfway goal I either want to get a smallish tattoo or my ears repeirced, for my three-quarter goal to do whichever wasn't done at the halfway point and have my hair cut and colored, and for my goal weight I want to have a larger tattoo done and likely buy a new wardrobe (again out of necessity, but it'll stil be so much fun!).

Huge congrats to you on your amazing results so far, but more importantly, I'm so pleased that your weight loss and fitness routine have had such a positive impact on your health and have, by the sounds of it, given you a huge part of your life back.

To get the wardrobe I'll need once I reach goal (and at stages along the way) I'm going to put £5 in a jar for every lb I lose - my fiancé has even said he'll match it. With 70lbs to lose, that gives me a very welcome £350 to spend...it might even go towards my tattoo at the end as that will quite costly!

Good luck - you're doing an amazing job!!