Where to put Iphone/ipod when weight training??

Options

Replies

• TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I personally used an armband but found it to be quite annoying at times! But that was just me however, a lot of people use them at the gym!
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Manly in my armband or any of my free pockets with the headphone cords hidden underneath my t-shirt. Was a little weird using an armband at first but you will get used to it eventually to the point you cant go without it.
  • adorbis
    Options
    Personally, I hate armbands. I do however like the tunebelt. You can get them on amazon for pretty cheap. Ebay has them as well. I have one for my 4s and l use it all of the time.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    i tuck mine into my gun holster
    Does that mean you stick your gun in your buttocks?:laugh:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying shorts without pockets. I need places to put stuff.
  • drgardnerva01
    drgardnerva01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use a Tuneband arm band from Grantwood Technology. They sell them with different size Velcro straps.

Very happy with the product and the company.

The issues you'll have with using any armband while lifting will be adjusting fit (not too tight, not too loose...), and in placement on your arm. Depending on where you position the phone, it can get in the way and restrict movement.
  • shellygressett
    shellygressett Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand armbands. I use a "flipbelt" and love it. Holds my phone, key, card...I'm good to go.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I just got a spibelt...there's almost nothing to it! I'm not a gym-goer but it's great for hiking/running.
    http://www.spibelt.com
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Does that mean you stick your gun in your buttocks?:laugh:

Don't be silly. There's not enough room for both my gun and my car keys
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Hot
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I use an armband.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Down the bra... but the case gets a bit icky.
    This. Oh, and I get lots of stares when I reach down my bra to adjust volume.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that people cant live to do anything without a electronic within reach at all times....what did everyone do before they were invented...that is all
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Also on another note to try and actually give advice.....I understand listening to music jogging or doing cardio,but how can you focus on you're form if you're distracted playing with the iphone/ipod in between weight routines ....I don't know for me I would ditch the electronic during weight training if that makes sense
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I just ordered this from Groupon. I haven't received them yet, but they look promising. You still have 3 days left to order them for that price.

JLab GO Wireless Bluetooth Sport Headphones with Mic and Armband Bundle - Online Deal
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-jlab-bluetooth-headphones-and-armband

t700x424.jpg
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    do people really have sweats or shorts with no pockets?
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    My pants have a little mesh pocket inside the waistband for cellphone/ipod storage. Or a jolly rancher for half way through a run just to help moisten my mouth. I hate carrying a water bottle and I only go for 5km. Handy little pocketses.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Also on another note to try and actually give advice.....I understand listening to music jogging or doing cardio,but how can you focus on you're form if you're distracted playing with the iphone/ipod in between weight routines ....I don't know for me I would ditch the electronic during weight training if that makes sense

I can't train at all, weights or cardio, without my headphones in. I have a 'training mix' that doesn't require me to touch my walkman at all for the duration of my sesh :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Wut? How does adjusting your music in between sets keep you from focusing on form? Lighten up, Francis
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that people cant live to do anything without a electronic within reach at all times....what did everyone do before they were invented...that is all

If listening to music on headphones makes it easier to push through that last mile/set...what's wrong with that? What's sad is some people's constant need to judge the way others do things.