Options
2»

Replies

• Shreddingit84
    Options
    I reached my original ticker goal yesterday!! Go me
    1 more month left and reaching for a new goal
    MOTIVATION!! I really can do it!!

Sticking to my iifym cals and working it out 6x a week!!
  • riquid
    riquid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine probably doesn't count since I only started this october but I want to be able to do my strength training program start to finish without 'cheating', as in no halfassed pulls/lifts at the end of each set, no shortening of my cardio time in between, no little breaks in the middle of a set. I've gotten a bit better each time so I'm pretty hopeful. It would be a great boost for sure.
  • cottagegal1
    cottagegal1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have always set weight loss goals to loose by a certain date and never never works, so since August I am with a trainer and loving that three times a week and also doing spin and pump class three times a week since August. Have lost 10 pounds which isn't a ton but for me good and have lst some inches again not lots but my body shape is changing and I feel great so I will remain on this path and see where it brings me that is my resolution!
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The best day for resolutions isn't the 1st of January. It's today. Carpe diem!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I never really make New Years resolutions, and if I even did for this year I don't remember what it was!

I've already reached my original GW, but I'm hoping to get to my revised GW by the end of this year - only 4.5 pounds to go! I've added some daily body weight exercises into my routine instead of just the Zumba and Yogalates classes I've been taking.

I look forward for my "resolution" of 2014 to be not to lose weight/eat better/be more active, but instead to maintain all the changes I've made in my lifestyle, and who knows, maybe even lose a little bit more in the process! :drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No
  • Shaquana2
    Options
    I do short goals. But as for the month of December i have at least 5-7lbs to loose. i try to do at least 15lbs in three months until my desired weight goal is done.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    My goal is to become a Vegan! Wish me luck!

hoping for failure...
  • ileitch
    Options
    My goal is to become a Vegan! Wish me luck!

You're moving to Vegas? :smile:
    Good luck!
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've only been really trying to make better choices and tracking my progress since July 1st. I don't really make goals, but I have a goal weight of being in the healthy BMI range for my height. I don't have a specific date in mind to meet that goal, but I'll get there when I get there. It took me 10 years to put on the weight I've been chipping away at, so I'm pretty happy that I've lost more than half in 5 months. My goals are to daily, weekly and always make better choices in how I eat and to exercise everyday, from walking, playing sports, hiking, swimming, weights/calisthenics, whatever I feel like.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I already set up a goal - to do the half marathon in March and maybe another one in September. I'm rather excited.
  • pranav127
    pranav127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HAHA :D
  • pranav127
    pranav127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Namaste, Prana.
    I'm sorry that the others were rude to a newcomer.

When I started my weight loss journey in July, I was walking with great difficulty
    because of arthritis in my knees and a weak lower back. My doctor said that
    losing a pound of weight off my stomach would relieve 3-4 pounds of pressure
    from my back. So, I've lost weight, and my ability to walk and duration have much improved.
    In 32 days, I'd like to be able to walk even better, and much farther without having to rest.

By the end of 2014, I want to be dancing for an hour at a time, both for exercise,
    and for joy at reaching my ultimate goal of losing 165 pounds.

Best wishes!

ITT: People who don't know what rude really is.

HAHA :D
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Ive learned that making goals are great, but attaching time frames only sets you up for failure. Not every week you will lose that 1lb sometimes it will be less/more. Or even nothing. You could be doing everything you can, eating well/exercising/sleeping and still not see losses. Patience is a good goal.
  • FitBelleVie
    FitBelleVie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I never set resolutions for myself because tomorrow is a new day and why put off what we can do now for a new year? With that said, I have been working on myself for 18 months. I had four unrelated surgeries (not weight loss or plastic surgery or anything like that) in that time, the last one being in June and as soon as I was recovered, I decided to give it 100%. So for the past four months, I've been working out every day, tracking every calorie and have lost 50 pounds (30 pounds in the 14 months prior). I still have 20 to go and my original goal was to reach that by March. Goal still stands! :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I stare logging last January. I really had no goal in mind except to lose some weight. For 2014, I have to reach the rest of my goal.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    To get into the 130's...1.1lbs to go! :glasses:
  • flyawayrach
    flyawayrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've passed my WL goal, so from now until 2014 I just want to tone up a little and have a good Christmas break! Any weight that gets put on over the holidays is fine by me, I can just work it off in the new year :)
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ive learned that making goals are great, but attaching time frames only sets you up for failure. Not every week you will lose that 1lb sometimes it will be less/more. Or even nothing. You could be doing everything you can, eating well/exercising/sleeping and still not see losses. Patience is a good goal.

Well said!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!