KEURING/K CUPS

Options

Replies

• bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    do you have a bed bath and beyond near you? they have a good selection, and you can use the 20% coupons too. :)
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Wild Mountain Blueberry, French Vanilla, Vanilla Biscotti, Caramel Drizzle, and I've been meaning to find a pumpkin flavor bc I'm pretty certain I'll love it too :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Newman's Organic Special Blend Extra Bold. The flavored varieties are never strong enough for me. What a great gift! She will love it!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Donut shop coconut mocha!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Might be best to let her start running through the sampler before you spring for more cups -- 102 is a pretty good stockpile. I have been hooked on Keurig for 4 years now!
    My absolute favorite is Newman's Organic Special Blend Extra Bold. The flavored varieties are never strong enough for me. What a great gift! She will love it!

+1 to Newman's Extra Bold.

And, BTW OP, you'll find that in the Keurig nomenclature that "extra bold" has less to do with the flavor / roast of the beans and more to do with the amount of ground coffee in the k-cup.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Chocolate truffle is my all time fave!
    Starburcks Blonde is awesome
    Butter Toffee

Make sure she registers it online with Keurig when she gets it. They will send you 2 free boxes of coffee once is registered. Also, she can collect points towards products if she orders her coffee from there. The website is the cheapest place I have found to buy the K cups because they come in bigger amounts.
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Lol, jut read this thread and this was at the top of the page!

www.ShopAtHome.com/KeurigKCups

Merry Christmas!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I love mine I get my coffee at Walmart. Green Mountain Hazelnut, Newman's Own Newmans Special Blend,Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee,and Gloria Jean's Cappuccino.You can buy it at Costco also.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You can buy the tea K-cups too. Personally, my favorite is the iced coffee by Donut Shop! :drinker:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Jamaica me Crazy
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    DHs fav is Donut shop coffee. Can also buy at Bed,Bath & Beyond. They always have coupons for 20% off.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You can also get reusable k cups online (check Amazon) that you can then put your own coffee in.

^^^^ This! I haven't bought K-Cups in a long time. I have the reusable k cup and put dunkin donuts coffee in it. You can find them on Amazon but they are also at Walmart too. When I did buy K-Cup coffee, I liked the Donut Shop coffee.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Love my Keurig!

Great prices @ Keurig.com or green mountain,com

My fave is Green Mountain. I like medium or dark roast - BOLD.

I also prefer to purchase Fair Trade and Organic. Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve is my FAVE.

I only drink 1 cup a day so I buy the 24 ct box for $14 instead of using a reusable filter. EKObrew is a good reusable. just too messy for me overall.

I'm into mochas these days. 1/2 cup milk, dark cocoa powder, raw sugar : 30 secs in microwave then I brew coffee on top . YUMM
  • NightKeepr
    Options
    My favorite K-Cup of all time is the Donut House Coffee. It's a good robust, dark roast with a strong flavor and it's just what I like to start my day.

I drink it black, as I do all of my coffee, but I assume that it would taste pretty good with cream and/or sweetener, if you prefer that.

If you like dark roasts and strong brews, you should try it out. I think you'll love it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My MIL uses hers to heat water for the French press . . .
  • EatSleepFish
    EatSleepFish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Some friendly advice on the Keurig.

I have found for the best tasting coffee use regular tap water and not filtered water. If you have a water softner use bottled spring water. I found that filtered/softened water gives the coffee a burnt taste.

2) don't remove the water tank from the side of the machine to fill it. Only remove to clean every once in a while. Otherwise one day you will find that the machine will be broken. found this out hard way.

3) Best Mild flavor I have found is the Dunkin Donuts. You can get a bag from Costco or the cups only come directly from Dunkin. The french vanilla DD is also very good and mild.

4) To save some money get those as seen on tv refillable dishwasher safe flip top cups. I have the bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee from Costco and fill these up and then reuse.

Hope this helps.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Van Houtte: Apple Caramel Pie... one of the best. You can get an 18 count for $11.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My favorites are macadamia cookie and caramel vanilla drizzle from folgers. They are so tasty I can drink them black!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Amazon has a very good selection. There is one collection of donut flavored coffees. Pretty good.
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my k cups! Donut House and the Donut House by Green Mountain as well. Pretty much any Green Mountain I like and I'm like your wife; as I'm not a fan of the super strong or Bold coffees.