Pizza, seriously?

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    A SINGLE slice of pizza could possibly contain ~300 calories? Seriously?

I know it depends on different factors but that's just too much for an average.

What are your thoughts?
    Look at my user name.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I lerv pizza
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Depends on the pizza. Some slices are 500 or more!

Here's a tip: eat your pizza with a knife and fork the way the French and a lot of other Europeans do. It slows down your eating. Plus the other people at your table will make fun of you, and you'll have to argue with them. That way you'll notice that you're full before downing the third or fourth slice. Pizza is just too easy to eat quickly.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I eat entire pizzas easily while bulking. No reason not to, seeing as I need about 4000 calories while I'm bulking.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    LOL. That was common knowledge when I was growing up (30 years ago). I don't know if it's still true. :laugh:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think it's enough either, but depeding on which is your idea of pizza.
    I think a big pizza at the restaurant might have 800-1000 kcals depending on the topping, but I see americans have very thick pizzas.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You are 19, and bulking?

I don't see what the problem is.

Problem is; I'm bulking, trying to gain mostly muscle mass not lots of fat.

I used to eat a whole pizza at one sitting, I was also 19, but at 180 lbs, took me +3 months to work that off and I don't want it to happen again..
    And, eating a pizza automatically puts fat on you how? Nutrient partitioning tends to be much more of a product of total calories, macros and training, not individual foods. A large cheese pizza averages about 290 calories a slice, an entire pie gives you about 100 grams of protein.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    You are 19, and bulking?

I don't see what the problem is.

Problem is; I'm bulking, trying to gain mostly muscle mass not lots of fat.

I used to eat a whole pizza at one sitting, I was also 19, but at 180 lbs, took me +3 months to work that off and I don't want it to happen again..
    How much fat you gain in a bulk is more about how much over your TDEE you are eating and not the type of food you are eating as long as it fits your macros.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yep, or more...yet half a thin crust medium pineapple pizza from Dominos is 590 calories.

I like all pizza, and fit it into my calories.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Why is that surprisingly? 300 calories a slice x 2 slices = a perfectly reasonable dinner even when not bulking.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni, sausage and black olives on the way from Papa Johns. Oh, and chicken wings.

I seriously need to find the real pizza option in my new neighborhood, but this will do.

IPA, pizza, and chicken wings.

Life is good.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni, sausage and black olives on the way from Papa Johns. Oh, and chicken wings.

I seriously need to find the real pizza option in my new neighborhood, but this will do.

Life is good.

did you get their giant chocolate chip cookie too?

if not... 1/10 WNB.
  • CptJinxx
    CptJinxx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How much fat you gain in a bulk is more about how much over your TDEE you are eating and not the type of food you are eating as long as it fits your macros.

Eating pizza will simply put me over my TDEE, as I said, I wouldn't be able to stop at 2 slices. I know myself very well.
    Why is that surprisingly? 300 calories a slice x 2 slices = a perfectly reasonable dinner even when not bulking.

Just 2 slices of pizza for dinner might be reasonable but not really satisfying.
    And, eating a pizza automatically puts fat on you how? Nutrient partitioning tends to be much more of a product of total calories, macros and training, not individual foods. A large cheese pizza averages about 290 calories a slice, an entire pie gives you about 100 grams of protein.

I want to eat the entire pie, 4 or even 5 slices would never suffice, which would lead to faulty nutrients partitioning at the end of the day.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Life is good.

if not... 1/10 WNB.

That cookie is delicious... and was definitely the cause of me going over my calories one night last month... :drinker:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Life is good.

if not... 1/10 WNB.

That cookie is delicious... and was definitely the cause of me going over my calories one night last month... :drinker:

Oops! Off to change my order. Thanks for the tip!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sounds right to me. I'll eat a couple of slices and some salad for dinner. Makes an excellent meal.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I sucks yeah but it's like peanut butter or other nuts etc if you're dieting it's a lot of calories for a small portion size. Getting the balance is hard.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    pizzups_zps87e7cd01.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own healthy pizza, but if I have it from a pizza place, I will just have 2-3 slices with a salad and make sure it fits into my daily calories.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    That's why I tend to avoid it. OR workout more