5 ingrediants or less/crockpot

Options

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some really great crock pot meals that require 5 ingrediants or less? I'm just starting to use our crockpot during the week and i need to start at the beginner level hehe. If it was kid friendly, that would also be a plus! :)

2.5 - 3 lbs of arm roast beef

2 sweet potatoes, chopped in chunks

1 sweet onion, chopped in chunks

2 celery sticks, chopped in chunks

1/2 cup of low sodium vegetable broth

Put it all in the crockpot (after searing meat in a little bit of olive oil in a skillet). Add some garlic, gresh rosemary and thyme sprigs, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 10 hours. Yum.

It's 5 main ingredients plus herbs and seasoning.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Here's another one:

2 lbs chicken breasts trimmed of all fat

1 can of Rotel

1 can diced tomatoes (no other seasoning)

1 cup of frozen sweet corn

1 can of rinsed black beans

Add 1 cup of water and cook for 8 hours on low. Serve on brown rice or with corn tortillas or avocados and lettuce or just eat like a soup.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    Yum thanks for sharing. I love my crockpot
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    "At the moment, I am really into slow cooker baked potatoes
    (Prick with a fork, Put some olive oil, salt and pepper on the potato, wrap in foil, put it slow cooker for 5 hours on high or 8 on low, eat!) "

Great idea TheGabbleDuck, thanks!
  • chellefatfree
    chellefatfree Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump! You had me at 5 ingredients or less!:-)
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I
    I have to share with you, because I just made an old recipe I've made millions of time different... and OMG I loved it!!

lightly brown chicken breasts,or chkn tenderloins,,, whole chicken,,, ALL SKINLESS!!! whatever kinda chicken parts you prefer
    add them after you brown them to the crock pot... then add fresh mushrooms, onions.. myself I also brown them a little before adding them to the Crockpot then add 1 can of Progresso Garlic sauce starter... salt an pepper (Optional)

Next time I'm going to do it with like pork and/or steak also

I did serve mine over brown rice the first day... then wheat penne pasta the next...

Hope this helps you and good luck :happy:

How long do you cook it? Low or high?
    I set mine on Low for about 6 hrs, Chicken doesn't take as long as beef or pork to cook.. and I put it in so I knew it would've been done at my dinner time :) I sure hope this helps you =)
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump , I really like this Topic... Thank you
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas that I think I just may try. Thanks.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of things in the crock pot, our favorites are salsa chicken - which is literally 2 pounds of chicken and salsa and pulled chicken (2.5 pounds of chicken, 8 ounce can of tomato sauce, 1/4 apple cider vinegar, 1/4 brown sugar plus spices of your choice -- that will work for any meat). Before serving, pull the meat out and shred it, while I do that, I boil the liquid until it reduced by half at add the chicken back in.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Oh, also black beans and tomatoes and that's just 1 1 pound bag of black beans that's been rinsed, 1 can of rotel tomatoes, 1 jalapeno, and 6 cups of chicken broth or water. plus spices you like. You just dump everything in and let it go on high for 7-8 hours. I never soak the beans and they turn out just fine.
  • mchigs
    Options
    bump
  • bump
  • sondra_kaye
    Options
    I usually just throw in a roast or chicken and whatever raw vegetables i have on hand with a cup of water or broth. When I lived in hotel rooms I would get the fresh vegetables and use my crock pot alot. (Depending on hotel some will not let you use things like that in your room) I had a crock pot, george grill, and a toaster oven.
  • roqnroch
    roqnroch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite one. Not only is it the easiest thing in the world, but it warms your tummy on a cold day. Plus there's always leftovers. And with the leftovers the next day, I like to put it in a tortilla for lunch.

Ingredients
    Olive Oil
    4 frozen boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
    2 14.5 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes or 3 cups fresh tomatoes
    1 pkt of Italian dressing/seasoning
    ½ cup balsamic vinegar

Instructions
    One turn of the crockpot with the olive oil, just to prevent sticking.
    Add frozen chicken breasts and Italian seasoning.
    Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
    Cook on low for 8 hours.
    Shred the chicken and serve over pasta, brown rice or quinoa.

I usually serve it with a simple green salad.
  • strongwolf13
    strongwolf13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "Santa Fe" Chicken Tacos
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (if frozen cook time is five hours if thawed cook time is three)
    1 can black beans, drained
    1 can corn, drained
    1 cup of your favorite salsa (I use hot salsa but it can be mild or something fun like mango)

Layer in crockpot from bottom to top : corn, chicken, beans, salsa (I find this order keeps the chicken very moist). Cook on low for 3-5 hours depending on the chicken. Shred the chicken at the end of the time and mix, Careful! the chicken will be falling apart very easily at this point. Serve hot on tortillas with typical taco toppings or just by itself.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite one. Not only is it the easiest thing in the world, but it warms your tummy on a cold day. Plus there's always leftovers. And with the leftovers the next day, I like to put it in a tortilla for lunch.

Ingredients
    Olive Oil
    4 frozen boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
    2 14.5 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes or 3 cups fresh tomatoes
    1 pkt of Italian dressing/seasoning
    ½ cup balsamic vinegar

Instructions
    One turn of the crockpot with the olive oil, just to prevent sticking.
    Add frozen chicken breasts and Italian seasoning.
    Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
    Cook on low for 8 hours.
    Shred the chicken and serve over pasta, brown rice or quinoa.

I usually serve it with a simple green salad.

This sounds great, I will have to try this!