Hate measuring ice cream..

Options
13»

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Even if it gives the serving size by volume, doesn't the package indicate the weight for the entire package? You could just divide the total weight by the number of servings to get the per-serving weight.

This is an excellent answer to your conundrum and also this:
    Also, based on your prior posts, you appear to be spending an inordinate amount of time fretting over this type of thing. You are 19 and bulking.

Quoting this again, since people seem to be ignoring it...
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Also, I'm not a scientist but isn't the density a noniissue when weighing? Isn't it that assuming you had a large enough container to weigh it in and for it to melt in, it would weigh the same amount when you scooped it in frozen as it did hours later when it was melted and occupying more space in that container?

Also, I would guess that anyone giving a "cups" measurement or volume measurement for ice cream means it in it's frozen (and more dense) state as that's how it's normally consumed.

That concludes today's episode of M.C.D. ventures into science.

science+is+a+girl+thing.png

Yes. agreed. Stop majoring in the minors, nothing to fret over OP

Um, I am so flattered that you agreed with me due to your cool username and fit pro pic, Mr. Thighs. Yes I creeped. I was like "who is this guy?" and then I was like Dayyumm! Now THAT's a guy who doesn't skip legs day.

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I would eat roughly 1/10th of it. Reason being only I would be eating it so as long as I log 10x100 it doesn't matter if I eat slightly more one day as ill eat slightly less the next time. Works for me. Very simple.
  • CptJinxx
    CptJinxx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I figured that weighing the whole thing and dividing per serving size is the best way, till I learned about the overrunning factor ( weight fluctuations due to freezing time ) , not sure if it's a big deal though.

And sorry if me fretting over tiny details bothered some of you, guys, I just like everything to be as accurate as possible, it's not just about food, I apply this to almost everything in my life.

And just because I'm 19 and bulking doesn't mean I shouldn't worry too much, I was 18 and fat.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Canadian ice cream labeling is the pits. I weigh the whole bucket, minus the weight of the bucket, divide up the remaining weight amongst the number of servings and then weigh out a serving (or two or three :bigsmile: ).
    IKR? Who eats a serving of ice cream? I was surprised that a pint of ice cream is four servings. Pft. One serving for me. Two if I'm lucky.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    guess!

I actually use a 2TBS scoop.

I'm a true ice cream nut too.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    I figured that weighing the whole thing and dividing per serving size is the best way, till I learned about the overrunning factor ( weight fluctuations due to freezing time ) , not sure if it's a big deal though.

And sorry if me fretting over tiny details bothered some of you, guys, I just like everything to be as accurate as possible, it's not just about food, I apply this to almost everything in my life.

And just because I'm 19 and bulking doesn't mean I shouldn't worry too much, I was 18 and fat.

I know them feels bro, i weigh everything out to the gram. We're all gonna make it.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    I love ice cream and I buy the small individual size cups ir I buy skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and bars..
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    weigh it in grams.

god this.

why are we so incapacitated as a society. this makes me head hurt.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I was not saying you should not try to be accurate, however, as you are 19 and bulking you have more wiggle room. Everything is an estimate (even the information on the nutrition label). I get the need to try to be accurate - I weigh everything myself and double check my macros - it's getting that caught up in trying to be completely accurate is a little bit over-the-top imo based on your circumstances.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I usually either just buy popsicles (or drumsticks, 1 = xxxx cals) or just eyeball it. usually 1/2 cup = serviing.