LEMON IN BOILING WATER

Options
Ok, so I know this is a "crash diet" but it's not made me hungry, I'm losing weight and I have energy and I'm happy. Been drinking lemon in boiling water throughout the working day and fruit and veg when hungry - I have my evening meal, something small and healthy.

My question IS - is it ok for your metabolism for you to drink mainly lemon water without much food at all - I KNOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS SO NO PREACHERS PLEASE! just an answer :)

Thanks guys x

Replies

• p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you are gettitng your daily nutritional requirements to avoid any health problems.

I doubt lemon and a bit of fruit & veg does that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    where's the protein? or do you dislike your muscles? (your heart being one of them)
  • gena_c
    Options
    thanks for the preaching (see earlier comment!!!)
    it was a straightforward question regarding metabolism. it is not a long term thing!
  • gena_c
    Options
    if anyone can give me a straight answer please do :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    no, in the short term it wont do any harm, but when you start eating properly again you will probably gain the weight back... therefor it was pointless doing it in the first place.... plus if you starve yourself you are more likely to binge... sounds fun!
  • nitalieb
    Options
    Simple, no preaching answer?

*NO*
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    When you put lemon in "boiling water" you lose the vitamin C and other nutrients.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Preachers no preaching!

In all seriousness. This sounds miserable and no amount of lemon water, even if it benefitted will make up for a crap diet. Eat at a moderate deficit and lose weight the right way. You knew what response you'd get♡
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

They did give you a straight answer. No, it is not advised. You kinda answered your own question with all the shouty caps; I don't think you really need us to back up your suspicions.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Eat at a moderate deficit and lose weight the right way.

stop it with your common sense... it isnt wanted in here!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Messing up everything from a nutritional point of view but you are concerned of your metabolism?
    -not preaching - just stating a fact... Can we still be friends and share water and lemon recipes?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    By "no preaching," you seem to mean that you don't want anybody to disagree with you in any way.

Ain't gonna happen.

What you're doing is unhealthy. Stop it.

Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit and call it a day.

Nothing else is necessary for weight loss.

Really.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I know this is a "crash diet" but it's not made me hungry, I'm losing weight and I have energy and I'm happy. Been drinking lemon in boiling water throughout the working day and fruit and veg when hungry - I have my evening meal, something small and healthy.

My question IS - is it ok for your metabolism for you to drink mainly lemon water without much food at all - I KNOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS SO NO PREACHERS PLEASE! just an answer :)

Thanks guys x

the answer is no.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You know bouts of malnutrition show up in later life as osteoperosis and advanced aging, right? :D
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

YES - after 3 days your metabolism will start to adapt to a very low calorie diet.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    How about stop starving yourself and do things in the manner in which you know is the right way. Serious.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    it was a straightforward question regarding metabolism. it is not a long term thing!

I have a weird feeling you just called upon yourself a shistorm of preaching and loads of common sense from anyone passing by!

Still not preaching - can we be friends (pretty pretty please) and share recipes of lemon water?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Where's the preaching? They're just answering your question (sort of) by letting you know that it's unhealthy because you're not getting all of your nutrients, which is worse than having low metabolism IMO.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why even post a thread if you only want answers that conform to what you are doing?

but if it makes you happy ..yes, this is very healthy and there will be no long term side effects....good luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Preachers no preaching!

In all seriousness. This sounds miserable and no amount of lemon water, even if it benefitted will make up for a crap diet. Eat at a moderate deficit and lose weight the right way. You knew what response you'd get♡

stop preaching...
This discussion has been closed.