exercising late at night

Options
2»

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I work out at 9pm when my toddler is asleep. By the time I'm finished, I'm drained so after a hot shower; I hit the bed. I get the best sleep ever. It works for me :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I work out from 8 PM-11 PM typically... only side affects I have been suffering are kicking *kitten* and being fabulous.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I workout at night, and haven't had a problem sleeping at all. :) If it's the only time you can workout, then do what's right for you. :)
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I work out at 8pm most nights...its the only time I get due to working full time and having two little ones!
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    lol!
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    i do it all the time
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I work full time as well and have 2 young boys. I go to the gym at work and do my cardio for about 45 min then after the kids are in bed I do my weights. That's the only way I have time to do it. So I'm working out around 8/830pm. I hate that my workout is split up like that but with my schedule its the only way to work it in w/o staying up til 10. I dont have a problem going to sleep. I usually read for about 1/2 hr after my workout & shower. That's how i unwind.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I love it I typically don't hit the gym till after 8 p.m. it lets me take out all of my frustrations from the day.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    I always workout at night-the latest I workout is around 10pm at gym I have done cardio weights-its to each their own-I have done that since day 1-sometimes I workout after 5pm- sometime in afternoon-but I mostly have workout at night-now that I am taking zumba also the classes are not till 7;30 to 8;30 pm-so good luck on your nightly workout
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've gone both ways on sleep trouble. I think I go to sleep better after a nice shower.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I go to classes 3 nights a week, twice it's at 8-9:15 (get home at 9:30) and on Sundays, it's from 7-8:15.

I haven't had any trouble sleeping. If it's a really brutal class, I take a hot bath and can't wait to get into bed! hahah