Any Thanksgiving Success Stories?

Options

Replies

• moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I ate what I wanted, which turned out to be not as much as I thought. I had an extra 1,000 exercise calories that I saved up, so I used that. And now we're back to eating like normal. I might not lose this week, but I certainly didn't gain!
  • cummingscb
    Options
    I kept my calories right around 2000 (had a tiny breakfast, and just a protein drink in the evening, since I knew lunch was going to be a doozie!). Even with Thanksgiving feast and my birthday the next day, I managed to lose 2 lbs this week. I was super happy! I did do a lot of time exercising this week in preparation for, and in penance for, my transgressions :) !
  • amcgavisk
    Options
    On Thursday I cooked the meal for my family and guests. I ate whatever I wanted for the day - including a total of 4 desserts - and then when my guests were ready to leave I packed up the left overs and gave everything but the turkey away.

The day was a reward for my hard work over the last 5 months, but did not want the splurging to continue over the next few days also.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I did really well with portion control...it surprised me. (Normally I just pig out until I can't move lol) I even did the 30 Day Shred that night. I call this a Thanksgiving success!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I kept my calories right around 2000 (had a tiny breakfast, and just a protein drink in the evening, since I knew lunch was going to be a doozie!). Even with Thanksgiving feast and my birthday the next day, I managed to lose 2 lbs this week. I was super happy! I did do a lot of time exercising this week in preparation for, and in penance for, my transgressions :) !

That is such fabulous news and HAPPY belated B'day to you and many, many, MANY more! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    My sister asked me to bring the pumpkin & apple pies ...... I put them on the table with the dozen other pies, cakes and plates of cookies ......

I didn't eat one bite of dessert the entire day ...... and didn't even miss it ....... total victory !

GoGranny.gif

LOVE that dancing old woman...just love it!!! Same here, I didn't eat one piece of pie nor cake...not because I couldn't, I just didn't want any. I did eat 5 of my giant homemade butter cookies (not at one sitting...thru-out the day) and they were the BOMB!
  • patols1
    patols1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I prepared all the goodies and food for the family yesterday. however I made out the recipes ahead of time and figured out the calories. I calculated how much of all my favorites I could have and I stuck by it. I made special healthy snacks for myself and the not healthy ones that everyone else loves for them(thankfully I don't like there snacks anyway). The healthy snacks I made are the ones that actually got totally eaten. instead of pie for me I had low cal banana nut bread which was great and I am not a big pie fan anyway so I loved my desert. I stayed under my calories. I was satisfied and all my cravings were met too. I did my exercise in the morning before anyone go up. It was a great day with lots of love and laughs. Now what to do with all those leftovers that I cant eat. :(

How wonderful for you! I guess all the stuff I made was a super hit, because we had left-overs, but just barely enough for us all yesterday...everything is GONE now.
    for the three of us I start with a 16 pound turkey, and everything else I make would serve 10-15 people...lol hence the extreme leftovers. its sunday and they are still eating leftovers. I did make a turkey soup..yummm. the stuffing I brought to my sisters house. and the mashed tatos my son finished off. still have pie and banana nut bread left. and turkey.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I worked out for about an hr Thanksgiving morning and also went for a walk later in the day. I ate what I wanted, just smaller portions than normal.
    My BodyMedia said I was UNDER cals for the day!! (MFP said I was over but I go by BodyMedia since its much more accurate. I just use MFP to log food).
  • kneenahnina
    Options
    Maybe someone can help me out here... I had a pretty bad diet week, and thanksgiving I didn't even log in because I ate whatever i wanted. I weigh myself every Monday morning, last Monday I weighed 153 and I weighed myself this morning and weigh 150.4. I weighed myself 3-4 times this morning just to be certain, I was expecting to GAIN weight not lose weight! Can anyone give me some insight as to how I managed to lose 2.6lbs? I'm not complaining but damn...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Maybe someone can help me out here... I had a pretty bad diet week, and thanksgiving I didn't even log in because I ate whatever i wanted. I weigh myself every Monday morning, last Monday I weighed 153 and I weighed myself this morning and weigh 150.4. I weighed myself 3-4 times this morning just to be certain, I was expecting to GAIN weight not lose weight! Can anyone give me some insight as to how I managed to lose 2.6lbs? I'm not complaining but damn...

What a wonderful "issue"...congrats! I'm thinking what happened is during the week and perhaps the later part of the prior week you burned enoughs cals and/or had enough deficit that you lost instead of gained. What an terrific first post. YAY YOU!
  • kneenahnina
    Options
    Thank you! I'm still in shock!
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I did all the cooking this year. I swapped the traditional favorites for healthier versions (roasted sweet potatoes instead of sweet potato casserole, fresh green beans with portobello mushrooms instead of the creamy casserole, etc.). I allowed myself to eat leftovers for 1 day after the actual meal, and still drank lots of water and exercised a couple of times last week. I lost 1lb.
  • shoing
    shoing Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Glad everyone had a good Thanksgiving. majess1022 so sorry that your little one got sick but it kept you from eating those sweets right?:wink: Any victory is a victory. :wink: Thursday I cooked light for us but had plenty. Saturday was DH's family Thanksgiving and I ate what I wanted but did good. I did have a gain yesterday morning but it was just the salty ham that I ate because was back down 1.4lb. this morning YEA!!:happy: I'm at a new low today!:happy: Congrats to everyone and here's to a great December. :drinker: Merry Christmas Everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Here's mine...

I had a fabulous day yesterday. I took this day as a real day of enjoyment and cooked all day, but the difference is/was it was totally stress free. I enjoy every hour of lovingly preparing a boatload of goodies for my family and friends. Instead of fretting about cals--I had a cup of coffee w/cream for my breakfast (something I've been denying myself for the past couple of months). Then, I ate the yummiest stuff for dinner and had 5 of my homemade butter cookies, which were so delicious--WOW!

I went over my calories for sure and ate a total of 2008 calories yesterday. It's RARE that I go over my calories--but I'm glad I did, got outta my self-imposed strict staying UNDER my daily calorie allowance box (to have a day of enjoyment family, friends and foods that I don't indulge in regularly) and I'm glad I did too. I am looking forward to working out today!

What was your Thanksgiving success story?
    I didnt deprive myself of anything only worked out 1 day of the 4 i was off and still managed to lose 2.2lbs for the week
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I did not go up for seconds and you could still see parts of my plate on my helping.

Also started the day running 10 miles.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My success is that there is no story. It was just another day. Our son came over for dinner so that was nice. It was my third Thanksgiving since i started MFP so it's all routine now.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well, I did so-so on the food, but I did pretty well on exercise. I did the local Turkey Trot (5k) on Thanksgiving morning, then I took a Body Pump class on Saturday morning - still feeling that one today LOL. Then yesterday I walked/ran almost 4 miles with my dog (and got stung by a bee in the process - another LOL). For me the holiday weekend was a success because I don't usually get in any exercise, so 3 out of 4 days was great! :smile:
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I ate some of everything and fit in a great work out after dinner (830+ calories burned). Between Thanksgiving and the weekend I lost 1.5 pounds - WIN!
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You show offs.... "Sits in a corner and wallow in my loss of control* But damn that cake was GOOD
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My success for Thanksgiving is that I had my whole family over for dinner (for the first time) and I made a turkey and a ham. Everything came together at the right time and even though this was the first time I ever cooked a ham (I don't eat it) - everyone said it was one of the best they had ever had! Success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!