• redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I :heart: cheesecake!

Q4ZuWxL.gif
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Me too.. There was leftover pie.. I mean seriously.. who has ever even heard of leftover pie??!?!

On a winning note.. there was *no* leftover wine! Handled that!!

Whoot!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I had 2 Thanksgivings yesterday & today. No regrets!
  • Paula038
    Paula038 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ah, a kindred spirit. That 500 calorie slice of pecan pie went down so well tonight, after leftover turkey and bubble and squeak!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I had cherry, pumpkin, lemon chiffon & pecan. No apologies.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

You need cherpumple.
    cherpumple.jpg
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options

You need cherpumple.
    cherpumple.jpg

I want one of those ...
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

To answer the question about if I was 500 pounds:
    Thanksgiving is one day. Christmas is one day. New Years is one day. Easter is one day. My birthday is one day. Fourth of July is one day. These main holidays comprise 1.6% of the year. Eating an entire cheesecake in a day is as likely to make me fat as is eating healthy 1.6% of the year. I think that if someone decides to go all out just under 2% of the year and it makes them happy why can't we celebrate it with them?

My point of writing the original post was to bring some humor and remind others that one day is not going to keep you from your dream physique (yes, I am a bodybuilder). I'm already back to logging today and will do so until Christmas.

Thanks for the response....my point wasnt to belittle you or take away from the lightheartedness of the thread, just a passing thought.....We all love to go big on the holidays, just that out of context, if someone who was a LONG way from their goal posted that they'd eaten an entire cheesecake I doubt they'd get the same level of cheer. I digress, I wasnt trying to be a major buzzkill :wink: Just more thinking out loud
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    What the heck are you talking about? Of course, cheesecake is amazing food. But NOBODY could eat an entire one. Absolutely no way.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    OP - amazing! I think I have a new goal!!! After I ditch the weight and get ripped - then I'm going to train to eat an entire cheesecake! Awesome!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    thanks for the laugh ........ and yes, you can always try harder next year :drinker:

justdoit2_zpsc46a615e.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I made an entire pie just for me.... I got all but one slice- I had to share with my roommate. well I didn't have to- but I was trying to be nice.

there is always more pie to try again- because if at first you don't succeed! Try try again!
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Haha, must say I entered this thread with trepidation but was pleasently supprised :)

I didn't get through all the cake by myself, but I did go through an entire bag of reese's mini cups which were every bit of delicious as I remembered :)

Thanksgiving's over though, and while it's time to start cutting calories again, I have no regrets for eating at an enormous supluss every day this holiday weekend :)
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    What the heck are you talking about? Of course, cheesecake is amazing food. But NOBODY could eat an entire one. Absolutely no way.

Challange accepted!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Challange accepted!

I'm in for this challenge. I think I failed on Thanksgiving because I ate lots of food for breakfast plus lunch. I think if I just go straight for cheesecake at lunch and skip all other food I could do it.
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    let me count the slices - 2 slices sugar cream pie, 2 slices pumpkin pie, slice of pecan pie, slice of apple pie. 2 slices short of a whole pie. now i have a goal for next yr.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Challange accepted!

I'm in for this challenge. I think I failed on Thanksgiving because I ate lots of food for breakfast plus lunch. I think if I just go straight for cheesecake at lunch and skip all other food I could do it.

You guys are welcome to try, even one without any topping. Just a plain, ole cheesecake. But, I gonna remain skeptical. I am a purdy good eater, and I could imagine doing half. But, my mind tells me that if I tried to do three-quarters, I'd be under the table. I expect I am as good as the next woman or man.
    So, good luck. But I just do not see it.