has your s/o

Options

Replies

• CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My husband is looking to lose 15 pounds so he's very supportive especially since me counting calories means I'm already counting his as well, since I do all the cooking.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My wife is very supportive, she even makes breakfast for me while I'm getting ready for work. I don't think she likes how much time I spend on MFP, either. Lately, she's been creeping my profile. Hi honey!

My husband did that once and wanted to know who's ab picture I had up. It was mine of course.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My Dave struggles with the healthy breakfasts even after six months of starting the day with them.

He has been supportive, he seemed to lose interest in me in the bedroom a bit when my boobs shrank but he's enjoying the hiking, walking and extra badminton I can now play. You are right that you can lead a horse to water (but you can't make it drink). He doesn't take care of his own health, stresses, and nutrition but tolerates my healthy cooking because I try to make it varied and interesting.

He knows that when I weigh the same as him I will be in my healthy range so we muck about with the scales sometimes which is fun. He holds one of our cats when I'm not looking and I think he's put 7lbs on! He doesn't like that our grocery bill is higher due to the good quality free range meat, responsibly sourced fish and organic veg but I feel there's no point doing half a job!
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    He has loved it so far and I think he will continue to ... :)
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Yep, we had some issues, but he got over it. I guess its a big change when someone starts doing something like that and he was worried about the women getting bulky myths and that.
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    Not really, he is a little annoyed with the healthier suppers and lack of junk food in the house though.

This :-)
  • benum21121
    Options
    My spouse isn't supportive, and refuses to do anything physically herself. We both lost weight through MFP in 2011 (she lost more than me!), but due to an injury, she stopped. We both 'fell off the wagon' and gained all our weight back. She hasn't done a thing since. She used to guilt me into not working out, since I was taking time away from the family in the evening.. last February I finally said that I was doing it with or without her. 291 days later, I'm still here. I'm down 58 pounds currently, but down 110 pounds from my heaviest weight. She, however, has gained approximately 100ish pounds.. she still refuses to do anything, giving me every excuse in the book. At least now she doesn't guilt me too much about the workouts, but I primarily work out BEFORE work (at 2:30am) while the family is asleep.

If you have a supportive spouse/person, don't take that for granted. If you're with someone that isn't supportive, or tries to bring you down, know that you CAN still acheive your goals, even with their negativity.

Just remember- nobody can do this for you BUT YOU. Supportive people or not.
  • jlschuh44
    Options
    nmnm
  • jlschuh44
    Options
    No
    Nope - she loves it!
  • jlschuh44
    Options
    He just dont want me to lose *kitten*! :p
    Well girl, you don't have to worry about that!! blushing
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My spouse isn't supportive, and refuses to do anything physically herself. We both lost weight through MFP in 2011 (she lost more than me!), but due to an injury, she stopped. We both 'fell off the wagon' and gained all our weight back. She hasn't done a thing since. She used to guilt me into not working out, since I was taking time away from the family in the evening.. last February I finally said that I was doing it with or without her. 291 days later, I'm still here. I'm down 58 pounds currently, but down 110 pounds from my heaviest weight. She, however, has gained approximately 100ish pounds.. she still refuses to do anything, giving me every excuse in the book. At least now she doesn't guilt me too much about the workouts, but I primarily work out BEFORE work (at 2:30am) while the family is asleep.

If you have a supportive spouse/person, don't take that for granted. If you're with someone that isn't supportive, or tries to bring you down, know that you CAN still acheive your goals, even with their negativity.

Just remember- nobody can do this for you BUT YOU. Supportive people or not.
    This story (but not your picture!) sounds like a guy I know - same fact pattern. Except when he got thin he decided he was gay and left his overweight wife and his child for that lifestyle. So I think weight loss has an effect on people in a variety of ways!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    No, my boyfriend is completely supportive of me and my decisions. Love that guy.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    XEBB5lr.jpg

^^^This^^^ :smokin:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Jealousy...a little. Asked me to stop, NEVER! He is super supportive and is very proud of me.
  • SupermanRitz
    Options
    Maybe a little… I got cocky when I did a show and it tore us apart, turned into a bit of a monster. But I've learned (the hard way), never again.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Not jealous but not super supportive either. Extremely picky eater and turns his nose up when I want to try something new but my theory is unless you wanna cook for yourself this is what we are having. He's never struggled with weight so he doesn't understand. However I think although he's skinny he's not healthy!!!
  • onmyown326
    Options
    Ever showed jealousy towards you after you started your fitness journey? Or wanted you to stop for any reason?

yup. he thinks its dumb because "I don't need to lose weight"
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    Nope, she is the reason I started to workout and take better care of myself
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Nope, he comes to the gym with me and eats all of the new healthy concoctions I make in the kitchen. He is super supportive!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    My husband used to get annoyed with my "picky" eating habits; but once he started working out and joined MFP...he has picky eating habits now too!