Options

Replies

43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    bad-girls-club-bgc-bgc5-cat-fight-fight-Favim.com-231617.gif
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    The smart ones embrace each other. There is strength & power in numbers. Chicks rock.

For sure! I would rather be surrounded by strong woman who can disagree yet still appreciate each other than be around all the drama. To answer your question, yes women can be awful to each other.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well, women are generally much more vehement than men are, men are pretty passive when it comes to most things.
    (I'm a woman)
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    Yep, women attack each other verbally and emotionally, men attack each other physically. Other than that, it seems like women care a lot more about what other women do than men care about what other men do. (obviously generalizing)
  • Messier108
    Options
    I find that when I talk about the amount of weight I want to lose on here, all I get is awful remarks from other women. I've never gotten anything of the like from men.
    This is only in regards to weightloss though, as many women feel they need to compete, whereas men are into the whole "we're all going to make it, brah" type attitude. But eh, doesn't really matter. Men can be disgusting too.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    That's a generalization.
    If you read those fit mom/whatever threads again you will notice that there are as many women taking their side as there are bashing them.
    And some men can be vicious too.

Agreed with this.

I think some women can have a jealous tendency when they see others getting what they want, but others are very supportive when they see others succeeding. It varies on the persons mind-set, & the way they are IMO.
    I want to see friends, & people happy with themselves, just as I want to be happy with my body & figure.
    I sometimes feel my own female friends give me too much crap for wanting to be in shape, & sometimes I think it's because they want to do what I'm doing, & change themselves. But being bitter because I'm going for it isn't going to change them unless they make themselves go after it.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Before someone gets all huffy, this is just a very broad generalization.

Now, I have noticed that women spit out far more venom towards each other than men when it comes to fitness. Well....actually, when it comes to anything. Am I wrong in seeing that?

Yep, women have been responsible for all the wars, genocides, and nuclear weapons, too. But we only aim for the other women.

No, people are people. If we expect to see something, we see it. Self fulfilling prophecies. When a woman tears another woman down, it's women being catty, jealous. When a man tears another man down, it's about the size of their respective penises. Both men and women have aggressive tendencies and there's plenty of examples of violence, viciousness, and hate to go around.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Now, I have noticed that women spit out far more venom towards each other than men when it comes to fitness. Well....actually, when it comes to anything. Am I wrong in seeing that?

Yep, women have been responsible for all the wars, genocides, and nuclear weapons, too. But we only aim for the other women.

No, people are people. If we expect to see something, we see it. Self fulfilling prophecies. When a woman tears another woman down, it's women being catty, jealous. When a man tears another man down, it's about the size of their respective penises. Both men and women have aggressive tendencies and there's plenty of examples of violence, viciousness, and hate to go around.

Women aren't in a position to be starting wars (you got to be in charge first), genocides (also need a following to convince them to kill for you), Nuclear weapons (are you saying women are not smart enough to develop them?).
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Women aren't in a position to be starting wars (you got to be in charge first), genocides (also need a following to convince them to kill for you), Nuclear weapons (are you saying women are not smart enough to develop them?).

That's exactly what I'm saying.

/sarcasm

I answered his question, that he's wrong in seeing that women are more venomous. My answer was that people are people and if you are only noticing venom spit by women, you aren't looking. (I mean, clearly, all the male leaders have gotten to be in charge through loving kindness, right?)
  • OatFloats
    Options
    I have only noticed this behavior from women with low self-esteem.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options

nope-ESPECIALLY ON mfp
    More in lifts actually - but here behind a screen? Hell yeah... It's open season. :laugh:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

That's exactly what I'm saying.

/sarcasm

I answered his question, that he's wrong in seeing that women are more venomous. My answer was that people are people and if you are only noticing venom spit by women, you aren't looking. (I mean, clearly, all the male leaders have gotten to be in charge through loving kindness, right?)

*fixed to reflect your edit*

I think you might've not understood his wording.

He means by "spitting venom" as in taking jabs or being negative at each others on an emotional level, like venom words hurt you from the inside.

Men tend to be straight forward about their need or want to hurt someone, as in a physical way.

It is a generalization but his point is somewhat valid.

We can say people are people but human behaviors are dictated by gender leaning a lot of the time.

But I also don't believe in psychology it seems like a bunch of hokus pokus to me. /sarcasm
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Generally women tend to be passive aggressive. Men tend to be straight aggressive.

Women are taught by society that they shouldn't yell or scream. Or to gain acceptance they need be "nice" to everyone. I know many women will argue this, but before you argue think about this - Do you confront someone when they are clearly wrong or mean to you? or do you keep it bottled up? - women who don't confront about the things that bother them take it out in different ways. Another problem with women is that the standard is often set very high, so many women have self esteem issues or problems with how they look and feel about themselves, so they put other down or are mean to those who do well.

Now your probably thinking men have these high standards too, well not as much as women. How many heavy women do you see in movies that aren't "the funny girl". Men have grey hair and it is distinguished, women have grey hair and they are old. A few wrinkles on a man can look good, a few wrinkles on a woman and it is "what happened to her". Not saying men are getting hit with it these days, but it is no where near the years of perfection that women are supposed to live up to.

If you don't believe me think about all the standards women have been held to over the many years:

Donna Reed - 1950s perfect housewife
    Mary Tyler Moore - **** Van *kitten* gorgeous wife then played the awesome working woman with a power job (both in perfectly clean homes) In the Mary Tyler Moore show her best friend Rhoda was bit larger than Mary, we are talking maybe one size, yet she was always fat and dieting.
    Twiggy
    The commercial - "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and never let you forget your a man." Women entered the work force but were still expected to care for the kids and clean the house. No one walks into my house when it is messy and looks at my husband and says "wow why don't you keep a cleaner home" nope its all me.
    Then of course all the skinny women who are airbrushed in the magazines.

OK yes there are good looking men and men are supposed to "make money", but did you ever see any of the Husbands on TV come home from work and clean the house. Even in Mr. Mom, he becomes a good house husband and his wife is jealous he is home with the kids, why?

So yes women tend to be more venomous because they don't like themselves or they are upset with the other woman, but didn't confront them so now they are mean about other things.

Oh and lastly Misery loves company, so if I am fat and miserable then I want you there with me.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    But really, some of my most avid supporters are women. The others are men.

Broad generalizations don't communicate or mean much, except if you are saying "chocolate is good and cauliflower is bad."

I eat chocolate-covered cauliflower, you Jezebel!!!

But do you call it "candy"? I just want to free cauliflower from the tyranny of being pushed into other named foods. Let cauliflower run free as cauliflower.

Be free!!

royalty-free-cauliflower-clipart-illustration-1125616.jpg
  • 7leemac
    Options
    Yup, and even when it's "benign", how many men are teased about their hair (lack of), weight and so on by their mates.

Men aren't judged so much by their looks (on average, actors etc obviously are in a different realm to a degree), so for them, it's socially acceptable for some mild/moderate teasing. It doesn't mean that people necessarily think less of them.

Women are still often put in a position of competitiveness about their looks, and I have to agree a certain proportion of females perpetuate it with each other.

Not that men aren't blameless - they get pretty judgey about "hoes" and "dogs", and a certain type will insist on "their" women being groomed in a certain way. Just look at the more gross personal ads that go "no fatties", etc.
  • fattofit84
    Options
    Yes i think this is very true women see one another as competition its only natural! I've also noticed that as i lose weight i'm not only more critical of my own body but of other women's body's as well!
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Most women are catty, manipulative and self-centered. And I have come to the conclusion that there are usually only 2 reasons for this: they either care WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much about what they THINK other people think about them, or they are what I call d!ck-chasers. Everything they do revolves around the goal of "I need every man to want me, including men that are off the market, and I need all women to know that every man wants me." It's literally disgusting and the reason why I am exceptionally picky about what females I allow to associate themselves with me.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

*fixed to reflect your edit*

I think you might've not understood his wording.

He means by "spitting venom" as in taking jabs or being negative at each others on an emotional level, like venom words hurt you from the inside.

Men tend to be straight forward about their need or want to hurt someone, as in a physical way.

It is a generalization but his point is somewhat valid.

We can say people are people but human behaviors are dictated by gender leaning a lot of the time.

But I also don't believe in psychology it seems like a bunch of hokus pokus to me. /sarcasm

No, I understood what he meant, but I'm not really buying the "I'm just asking an innocent question" bit. It wouldn't go over well if I posted a thread that said, "No one get huffy, making generalizations, but don't men commit more acts of violence than women? No, no point, just a question ..." :smokin:

The post above is why I hate these threads so much. People are people, and many of our actions are shaped by gender roles, culture, and biology, but aggression is aggression, hurtful is hurtful, whether it happens in word or body. (Yes, some consequences can be worse than others. But both sides of this gender war can claim some share there.) CEO's become powerful, but it's not usually through punching someone out. There are emotional and mental power plays at work too.
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Does being *****y burn more calories?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Most women are catty, manipulative and self-centered. And I have come to the conclusion that there are usually only 2 reasons for this: they either care WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much about what they THINK other people think about them, or they are what I call d!ck-chasers. Everything they do revolves around the goal of "I need every man to want me, including men that are off the market, and I need all women to know that every man wants me." It's literally disgusting and the reason why I am exceptionally picky about what females I allow to associate themselves with me.

Responses like this just make me sad.

Do you really think so little of your own gender? I have many valuable friends who are women. They are wonderful and warm and supportive. It wasn't always so-- when I was much younger I used to think that I couldn't get along with other women because other women were awful. It turns out that they weren't the problem, I was. If I hadn't learned to see other women in a more favorable light I would have missed out on many fantastic relationships. Food for thought.
This discussion has been closed.