WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's really foggy here again this morning. This makes four days in a row which is unusual for us. It's supposed to be in the 60's this afternoon, but then we fall into the deep freeze. It was nice while it lasted.

I was sleeping soundly at almost 8am and hubby woke me up because my son called and asked if I wanted to go to breakfast with him and my grandson, whose birthday is today. So, I rushed to get dressed, drove through the fog to the donut shop in town, and met them there. He is so cute. It's hard to believe he's five already. I had one glazed donut which I really didn't want, but didn't want to look like a grinch. Then came back home and had a pear, skim milk, and my breakfast pills. So it wasn't too bad.

This afternoon I'm picking GS up from preschool and he and I are going to see a movie together, just the two of us. He mentioned some time ago that he wanted to go see the buffalo, so I will try to do that too. There is an enclosure north of town where the wildlife and parks people keep a small herd of buffalo. They aren't always out near the fence where you can see them, so it will be hit or miss.

I hope you all have a great day today.

Sylvia
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies- This trip has gone from uncomfortable to ridiculous! We are snowed in. They are telling people to stay off the roads, and I don't even know if we can get out of Bill's driveway!

My tummy feels a bit better today, but not really up to par. Hoping that I feel OK, soon. I believe that I need an extended stay in the porcelain office, but.. . Anyway, it's got to get better today.

For today: soft food and great patience with the weather.

Take care and be well!

Pat (Phoo, wishing she was in Az)
  • mstina0305
    mstina0305 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Moring,

My name is Tina and I was looking at some of the great post on this blog. I am new to the blog thing, not sure how it works. I would like to join this one because of being 51. My body does not work the same way it did 10 yrs ago with weight loss and exercise.

Tina
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Barb and I am a 50 year old who needs some support. I was reading through some of the post sounds like a great group. I had lost 35lbs in June for my daughters wedding but have put 9lbs back on since then. I did gain 3 lbs on my 5 day break at Thanksgiving but I have it off and hoping to keep moving in the right direction. I am an RN work full time and am back in school hoping to become Nurse Practitioner scheduled to graduate in 2015 so have a busy schedule.

SW 235
    CW 209
    Goal weight 175

My goals for Dec. is to loose 5lbs I know with the Holidays will be hard but I am going to put forth a good effort.
    Goal- Workout at least 3x week I found a site daily burn and it has 15 min workouts that are intense and burn a lot of calories which works with my busy schedule
    Goal I purchased a fitbit so goal at least 5,000 steps a day I have been averaging 3500-5000 right now.

Please let me know if there is anything I need to do. Do you weigh in weekly? Hoping to find some great support.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Angie07: What is dietbet? Please let us know where you’re from. :flowerforyou:

Gail: It was me who asked about river slicks. Thanks for letting me know. :happy: They sound lovely. We joined the Portland Chinese Garden a few years ago and winter visits there were a revelation to me. I didn’t know that there were so many wonderful landscape plants that bloom in the winter in our area. I’m doing more to plant winter blooming plants than before and particularly enjoy a Christmas blooming camellia that is currently all budded up but not yet blossoming. It is Camellia sasanqua “Yuletide”. The hummingbirds love it, too. I hope that your swelling resolves itself quickly and is not a serious problem.:flowerforyou:

Heather: I’ve never really had a travel bug but I fear I’m in danger of catching it from you. You have so many wonderful adventures planned. The biggest surprise for me during my visit to NYC was the people. They were so nice! I hope you enjoy your wreath making class.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Your breakfast with your DGS sounds lovely. It makes me wish that my daughter and DGD lived nearby instead of five states away.:cry::ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Tina: Welcome to the group. Please let us know where you're from.:flowerforyou:

DS called this morning to discuss his first wedding anniversary. It is a tough one because he’s not able to be at home this year. We’re going to do a few things to let DDIL know she’s loved and not forgotten. His call made me realize that I’ve done a poor job with keeping records of special occasions like anniversaries. :blushing: I guess my momma didn’t raise me right. I’m turning over a new leaf as of this minute. I didn’t send a card for DD’s anniversary this year because I didn’t remember. :blushing: I did discover the power of google calendar this morning, though. It still holds my records for 2009 and I found all the dates of travel and DD’s wedding date was there.:bigsmile:

Yesterday I did get my urgent (to me) tasks done. By afternoon DH was feeling better and we went down to the boat and replaced the bad string of lights. It looks grand again. :bigsmile: Portland has a tradition of Christmas Ship parades during the holiday season. This is a group of local boaters who decorate their own boats for Christmas, and perform nightly parades on the Columbia and Willamette rivers during the Christmas season. On Saturday, the parade will be here, where I live. I’d like to have our decorations up for them to enjoy as we are enjoying their lighted parade. We will not be taking our boat out on the water, it will simply be a shoreline decoration. We also got house decorations down from the attic and many of them are now in place. We still need to put up our outdoor lights and I can bring Alberta Spruce, the Christmas “tree,” into the house today. :bigsmile:

Have a great day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

December goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow
    2. Focus on fitness: cardio and strength every week
    3. Drink at least 3 glasses of water every day
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Where are you snowed in?
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Hello it's me. Just a day late and a dollar short. All is well. But with planning my day the way I do. It's not filled with computer time. But the house looks better and I feel better. Baking a storm for Christmas. I screwed up on my chocolate fudge last night. So I will make real thin chocolate cake and spread it on that and call them fudgy squares. There's always away of saving it. Made a bunch of brownies. I want to give my family and friends trays of desserts. That will be my gift from my kitchen to yours. Hubby is in his shop trying his hand at making a bunk bed for the granddaughter. There expensive like 56 dollars in the Christmas catalogue. And I can make the mattress and bedding. I also want to download clothes patterns for her dolls.

Hope to be back here shortly.

Linda In Northern Ontario.
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello friends :bigsmile:
    So much to say and to celebrate with all your victories......
    Well this is going to be quick. I did lose .6 kg last week and the vegetables and fruits did their trick because this week that I'm not laying stress on that I can see some weight creeping back, on the scales.
    My goals for this month are
    :heart: Log every day
    Drink water by the litres:drinker:
    Increase the vegetables and fruits in my diet:heart:
    Decrease the grains
    Keep working out, including in the morning:tongue:
    Heather there are so many interesting facets to you. reading your last post, painting a picture of you listening to music, probably humming and dancing as you whiz up your delicious meals was awesome:bigsmile:
    Barbie thanks for this thread. Hope u r enjoying your festival, with candles and yummy potato latkes ( 1000 cals), reason to be delicious. Nice to see Meg, Sylvia, Joyce, Sandy, Yanniejannie Grandmallie and all the regulars.
    Lots of newcomers..... hope u enjoy as much as we do
    Best wishes to all. Praying for everyone, specially those in need
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Yup , I am happy lol
    I had been in a plateau for over 2 months and the other day it went WHOOOSH !!! down 3 lbs !!! Good riddens and don`t you ever come back !!!

Okay today I got frozen finger tips - frozen toes and I just feel like laying on the couch with my nice warm afghan and be lazy all day.
    maybe I should work a soup in for lunch today. I wish this house would warm up ,Its weird , I can feel the chill thru the walls, windows doors !! Builder musta forgot to insulate!!!! GRRRR

** I Need to start upping some exercise - I feel more energy but lack motivation - Since I moved in our new home , I live on a dead end - only 13 homes and not very friendly homes either :( no one to walk with. I will have to start getting myself to a park or join a gym but I hate gyms. Trying to set up a gym at home but its scattered in different rooms at the moment .

Welcome Barb :)
  • Mollybesweet
    Mollybesweet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello all you beautiful Ladies :flowerforyou:
    First off I wish to let each and everyone of you know
    how heart warming and loving you made me feel when
    I posted about my furbaby Shadow.:heart:
    It is still hard and my cat Mr.Binks is grieving as well.:cry:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{:heart: }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Hugs all around.

my December goals are:
    1: Increase more movement.
    2: Try One New thing/Recipe a week.
    3: Smile more complain less.

Love to all
    Happy Logging :bigsmile:
    Molly In West Virginia
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy tues!
    Busy day.Catch up later.
    HUGS
    jane
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    auto63- I am snowed in 13 miles north of Orr, MN, close to the Canadian border. My permanent home is in Green Valley, Az, I moved there about 2 years ago. I really am ready to go home, but, I can't get out of the driveway!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    Busy today as always!

Angie007az - I joined something like your dietbet. The bet was $10 to not gain between Thanksgiving and New Years. If you gained, you forfeit your money and it gets split between everyone who stayed the same or lost. You also get the $10 back if you stayed the same or lost.

Poerava14 - My last 2 jobs had us make SMART goals for our performance plans. Curves Complete had me make some for the program and I just adjusted it for the month. Helps!

Kemangat - I like using SMART goals. Makes the goal mean something! I was born and raised in CT, the North East corner. Moved to Tennessee when I was 40 and just moved back to CT after 16 years in TN to be near family and my grand sons! So not looking forward to the Winter!

Grandmallie - Where did you find the salad sale?

My schedule: Curves - Work - Supper - School work - 1 hour of relaxing - bed. Keeps me busy! What's that old saying about 'busy hands'?

Rita from CT
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    auto63- I am snowed in 13 miles north of Orr, MN, close to the Canadian border. My permanent home is in Green Valley, Az, I moved there about 2 years ago. I really am ready to go home, but, I can't get out of the driveway!

This is exactly why we always visited DH's parents in the summer. His cousin posted on Facebook last night that she hoped the weather was not as bad as predicted. DH had to go up for a funeral once in Feb or March and almost didn't make it home. The planes wheels froze to the ground! Then they kept re routing him to different cities once he was in the air. He has not flown since!

Just think happy thoughts about AZ.
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bah humbug!!! I have been at this same weight for nearly a month and so ready to see it go down. Surely I though working at Target would help in the loss category. Oh it keeps me busy - bending, standing, stretching - does smiling count; but it's not showing up on the scale or at least not yet. Next week I have a lot more hours so we shall see...

@mamma nee congrats on your long anticipated loss! I know it does happen. :smile:

@katla I didn't know what dietbet was either so I goggled it and Google says "DietBet is a 4-Week Social Dieting Game." Anything to lose a pound; maybe I'll give it a try in 2014. :bigsmile:

@Pat(phoo) snowbound oh my! that is not encouraging considering that we have a cold, winter blast headed our way and we don't do cold in Texas either! :sad:

Welcome Barb and Tina to the thread! It keeps growing all the time but the Vitamin F is good for the soul.

@Heather you are quite the cook! I like only some foods cold but not pizza which DH devours.

Going to the bank and Walmart with DH - he's home again this week; bring on January. :laugh:

It's been a terrific Tuesday; worked with 2 clients and going shopping! I hope you enjoy yours. :flowerforyou:

Teral, in Plano
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    long and crazy day.worked all day my friend still having family issues and we got backed up... im tired and going to bed will check in with everyone in the morning
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Tummy issues continue today. I guess I will start adding my stool softener. My physical is first part of January so that will be a big issue I talk about. My husband has his check up with the cardiologist tomorrow afternoon. Sometimes I wish something would be wrong to make him stick to a diet more. He will occasionally have chicken but he loves his red meat and deep fried foods.

I got an email form my favorite store, C J Banks letting me know of everything in their store 50 - 60% off yesterday and today. Forgot to go yesterday and woke up this morning still with the sore throat and tummy issues. But I knew no matter how poorly I felt I was going to go. So we went after supper. I have been in their 1X and they are to big on me. Some of the tops I have only worn twice. So I was looking for a large. Well they don't carry a large. They have a X. They said it was equivalent to a size 14. So I bought 4 blouses in a X. I was looking for a mock turtle neck to go underneath a couple of my sweatshirts that have a loose neck line but they didn't have any in an X. That's OK. I was just proud to be in that size. Next size I have to go to the store next door, Christopher Banks. But if their styles are as nice for a woman my age that's OK. I just don't like Lane Bryant. I don't like it that a size 14 is considered a plus size. It puts such a stigma on young women that if you are a healthy 14 then you are a plus size.

I got a cataloge for my 12 year ood DGD favorite store, Justice. I bought her a suitcase from there for Christmas and I see that their backpack matches. Her Dad's sister who loves to shop for her bought her the back pack for her birthday. Made me so happy to see that. They also have other suitcases to match. I bought her rain boots and umbrella in a similar pattern. The suitcase is a zebra pattern with the classic Justice heart on it and the boots and umbrella are a varigated zebra pattern. I usually buy clothes from Justice for her so this is the first time she won't get that. I did buy a set of fingernail polish that is magnetic.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Pat - oh my you are further north then I am and have so much snow. We have none. When do you go home to AZ?

Joyce - I hope the dr can find out what's causing your tummy issues.

I went to the Y tonight. My DD was concerned about me going and threatened to use the bike behind me and every time I pushed too hard she was going to squirt me with a water bottle :laugh: What a kid. I did 50 min on the bike and rode 9 miles. At about 10 min into the ride I thought maybe my knee wasn't going to hold up, but it did. It's not too bad. I had a nice hot shower and put some bio freeze on it.

Tomorrow is DD's birthday and she's excited. Her co-workers have been really good to her & her boss is buying her lunch tomorrow. She's decided that she wanted apple pie instead of cake. Lord help me .... only a tiny piece, right?

I'm off to bed, have a great night

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • lajpeck
    lajpeck Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Got back to the gym tonight after not being able to get there since Thanksgiving. I swam 30 laps then did 30 minutes of strength training. Felt so good to get back in the pool.

Work will still be crazy but at least I have the next two days off. Tomorrow I want to put up the tree and then Thursday I need to go grocery shopping.

Got a mini pin here who is demanding attention. Will try to catch up with the posts tomorrow.

Laura in Maryand
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hello gals. This will be very short; I am exhausted after teaching for 4 hours today; tomorrow is 6 hours and then I'm done with the classroom part. Just waiting for grading. I was up 0.6 pounds, but that's ok after all the thanksgiving I had. I'm happy it was not more!

I read all your posts. Welcome to all the new ladies. Heather I think it was you who said I should post a new profile pic. maybe at the 45 pound mark! But I do have a nice one from Thanks giving if I can figure out how to post it. Any one want to give me directions? And remember, I'm a dinosaur!!! Take care Meg from Omaha where it is supposed to sleet tonight.