When did yall first see your collarbone?

Options
At what weight/body fat percentage did you first start to see your collarbone peep through ? I can see my collarbone when I stretch, but I'm wondering how much more I have to lose before I see it all the time. I'm 5'4" and medium frame.

Replies

• One_Fur_luck
    Options
    I never thought about it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest (around 220) I could see my collarbones quite prominently.
  • PEIIslandGirl100
    PEIIslandGirl100 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight and can only see collarbone if I push my shoulders forward. I wish I could see them without pushing shoulders forward. Thigh gap would be nice too. But cant. My body won't allow it so I'll focus on something I can change.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5", average build. I started to see mine peeking out a little somewhere around 190-195.
  • Rien5
    Rien5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    105-108lb (5'0) not sure about fat percent. Started in October of last year when I could see it.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I've always been able to see it, no matter my weight. The way you're built has a lot to do with it.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 190 right now; my collarbone just started barely showing at the knobbly ends. They were fairly visible from 140-170 (years ago) and then faded away as I kept gaining. Nice to see them making a little comeback!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My collarbone, ribs and hip bones always stick out, no matter how round I am. Kind of creepy.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have never seen my collarbone. Even when I was less than 100lbs.
    Also I don't really care and I think a preoccupation with seeing your bones is a bit strange.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have never seen my collarbone. Even when I was less than 100lbs.
    Also I don't really care and I think a preoccupation with seeing your bones is a bit strange.

I wouldn't say I'm preoccupied so much as curious. I used to be able to see them when I was in the well muscled 140s, but have no idea at what point they disappeared under flub. It is one of the nsvs that mean I'm finally getting healthy again. Just curious if I will have to wait for another 50lbs or not, but it doesn't sound like there is any real answer.

Thanks for responding guys.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've always been able to see it, no matter my weight. The way you're built has a lot to do with it.

I totally agree. My stepmom is around 120 lb, there is no way she's above a size 8 ever and you can't see hers and she has a double chin. I can see my collarbone at 208 lb and started seeing it all of the time around 220-ish, but didn't have a double chin at ALL below like 280 lb.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I personally don't see if as an nsv, but you may. Everyone's bodies are different and it isn't always an indicator of health because one can see the outline of certain bones or have a thigh gap.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I remember when mine started peeking out, and I was seriously so excited. I think it was around 185-190, and I'm 5'6 with a medium-large frame, I believe. And I was around 31% body fat, maybe?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Yep.

Double yep!
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    i'm 5'1, but it was when i reached about 140(no idea what bf%) when i was able to barely see them
    Now i'm at ~107, and i can see them no matter what.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My collarbones were visible at 180 pounds and a squirrel could stash nuts behind them at my current weight of 123 pounds. My hip bones are close to the surface but not at all prominent, even at 123 pounds. Natural thigh gap, yes (whoopty doo). Back dimples, no.
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's an NSV for me too- u aren't weird. Mine are now peaking they at 170 lbs (5'8").

I also said hello again to my ankles bones- another NSV. I hadn't seem them since my collarbone disappeared 6 years ago.

Your title gave me a little smile, OP. I had almost forgotten how good it felt when I first saw the change. :) thanks for reminding me.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I am 5` 1`` @ 190 lbs ,just now starting to get a glimpse
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much always been able to see mine, but when I'm smaller it's definitely more prominent. When I was at a healthy weight they stuck out like crazy, they're starting to get like that now that I'm only about 20 pounds from goal. Just depends on your body type I would guess.