Your weird food eating habits

Options

Replies

• shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a thing about eating out of bowls. Given the option I'd rather use a bowl than a plate. I also can't eat desserts that have been stirred (my brother cottoned onto this fact early on as kids :angry: )

*I forgot Mayonnaise. I fricking love it on pretty much anything. I have been known to produce sachets from my handbag when eating out.

hahaha im the same with the bowls! i HATE plates, i always end up shoving the food onto my lap somehow!
    As for weird food habits...
    Nothing that weird I guess, but Ill randomly get obsessed with a type of food, or a recipe, make it for a few weeks every day, and then get so sick of it that I dont eat that food for the next few months lol. Then i move on to something else...

Right now my obsession is mexican-style salads, i feel like i could eat only that at every meal! but i know that in a week or so I probably will have moved on to something else lol
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    - Have to eat all of the carbs first, then vegetables and then meat. Leaving best to last. Same with if I have McDonald's. Have to eat the fries first, and then the burger. Food can't be mixed.
    - If my rice or pasta is not meant to have sauce on it, I will not mix it in to say a curry.
    - Have to make sure I have no fluid milk in porridge or I go crazy! It has to all be perfect!
    - I will overcook an egg just to make sure you have none of that horrid clear egg white.
    - I will eat extremely quickly if I think my food is going to get cold too quickly.
  • SmudgeMonkey2000
    Options
    * I have developed a thing against crisps when I heard it used as a two word argument on the radio about why the English are not capable of cuisine: "Flavoured Crisps". Flavoured crisps are just so wrong to me now as it was said it with such disdain that's all I think of when I hear it.
    * I can't eat with a large spoon, I like to use a tea spoon or ideally a sundae spoon as it feels nicer to use.
    * I get cross if I don't have porridge as an option for breakfast.
    * I go mad once a month and devour a cheese board...

errrm, all crisps are flavoured!

And what's wrong with English cuisine? How rude!
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If it can be heated, I will not eat it cold. This includes chicken, hot dogs, Pizza, subs... Etc
    I usually tend to eat around my plate, not always clock wise, but I will finish all of one thing before moving on to something else.
    I don't like hard M&M's. I will hold some in my hand till I can either pop the candy coating between my thumb and pointer finger, or crush it against the roof of my mouth with my tongue.
  • ShrinkyKiwi
    Options

- I always pick the whole peanuts out of the bowl first, or if I just grab a handful, I eat the whole ones first. Who needs half peanuts!?

I like whole salted peanuts! Cos I had a dream when I was a kid that they saved me from electrocution, so now they seem benevolent and self-sacrificing. Like tugboats and guide dogs.
  • MongJay
    MongJay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    * I don't add too much water to my ramen noodles so I can savour the flavour of the soup base.
    * I hate eating with the big spoons; little tea spoons are the best.
    * I like my ice cream melted to a soupy consistency.
    * I add ketchup and sriracha to almost everything I eat.
    * I have to have something sweet after a meal, even if it is just one grape.
    * Usually, I get obsessed with one specific food and I have to eat it until I get sick of it.
    * When I get Subway, I have to get all the veggies available put on it and then I pick out the tomatoes and pickles and eat them first.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    im thinking about my sister's habits:

when eating a cool ranch dorito, she inspects both sides of the chip, the and side with more ranch goes on her tongue.

she hates soggy cereal- so she pours the milk first, and only a small amount, so only the bottom of the bowl is in danger of sogginess ;-)
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Y'all some messed up little kittehs
  • piersonj
    piersonj Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really dislike cold beverages and fruit. If either has been refridgerated I will let it sit out on the counter for an hour or more before eating.
    In the same vain, NO ice in my beverages. If I have to have ice, I drink with a straw because ice should never touch my lips.
    I think soggy cereal to be inedible and tend to use 1/4 or less milk on my cereal.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating berries or any other fruit with too many seeds to pick out. It took me until I was 27 to see why people like strawberries. I had never even tried a cherry tomato until this year (I'm 31) only to find I actually quite like them- yes mum you were right!!! I can't eat jam because its made from berries (yellow jam is ok!)

I also like to eat out of bowls. Our family all eat from bowls, and I only use plates when we have guests. Actually not even all the time then- anything saucy gets served in a bowl :)

I have chocolate every single day- haven't missed a day for about 15 years.

I don't have so many food/eating phobias since having kids- setting a good example and all that.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It would be fun to have a dinner party with you all!! Haha.

I only have one, I'm deadly scared of tomatoes.
  • I prefer to eat out of a cup over bowls and plates. I eat one thing at a time until its gone, and if something has a sauce, I put a

spoon under the top of the plate with the food and sauce at the bottom so it doesnt run into the other food. I have been a vegetarian

for the last year, it as not difficult... but I gained weight.... The smallest Ive been as an adult came from eating a high fat/protein low

carb diet- even though I wasnt 'on' a diet at the time. Dairy is my weakness. I LOVE yogurt and cheese.
  • robinsondel
    Options
    A couple more weirdish things to add to mine. I hate using small silverware. I prefer the big boy spoon and big boy fork. I keep one of each in my bag that I take to work. I eat in order. For example, I always eat all my sides before I finish the main part of the meal. If I go get a steak, I feel like the steak is the centerpiece and the most tasty, so I make sure the last thing I eat is the steak, so that is the most lasting flavor from the meal. I was the same way when I used to grab a burger and fries/o-rings from a fast food place. I will eat every single fry before I even look at my burger. I also eat the crust on pizza before the rest of the pizza for the same reason. And when it comes to eating a sandwich or burger, I eat around it first, then I eat into the burger/sandwich.
  • balletpolegirl
    balletpolegirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cold toast - I don't like it when the butter melts!
  • Laurali7
    Laurali7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hate breakfast. Of any kind, particularly soggy cereal, so I'll drop each biscuit of Weetabix into the milk and eat them quick so they're still crunchy and hardly ever deviate away from the same breakfast. I'd sometimes rather go without anything in the morning than force a slice of toast down.

Can't eat homemade veg soup without HP sauce.

When eating an apple, I'll eat the skin the whole way round the middle first, then the bottom bits, then the top bits, then the flesh.

At dinner time, I like to eat my veg first, then meat/protein, then carbs, so that I know I'm definitely getting all the vitamins from the veg and hopefully be full so I'll not eat too much starchy, carby foods.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've eaten the same thing for breaks for last two years (except when on holidays)...fruit and fibre.
    I don't like ice cream, it's too cold (not that odd but people never understand)
    I will only eat my cereal dry..and I love cereal, having it quite often as a snack
    I can't eat meat that's been touched by far, so well waste half my meat by cutting a huge rim of the meat with the fat.
    Can only eat bacon if the fat is burnt, at which point I've convinced myself is lost the hideous texture.
    If having a sandwich I will pull it apart into view size pieces..only ever at home, when out, happy to just take bites.
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat the toppings off my pizza with a fork first and then eat the crust with my hands.

When I eat a sandwich, I eat around the outside first, leaving the best (the middle) for last.

I won't eat a burger without cutting it in half first.

I love bowls and spoons. I choose them whenever it is an option.
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can happily eat the same things every day, and i usually do too, just cause im too lazy to think of things to cook!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Y'all some messed up little kittehs

Bingo! :bigsmile:
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    when I use to eat reeses peanut butter cups, I ate the chocolate from around the sides first, then top, then bottom, then ate the peanut butter middle.