protein shake Loose or gain weight pls help

Options

Replies

• hunna2005
    Options
    Take a look at the ingredients in these "nutritional shakes". Nothing but chemicals and empty calories. Yuck.
  • esme8709
    Options
    You might want to use the quote option when replying (reply just puts a blank reply up...quote will quote the other poster). This will help people know who you are responding to.

Funny thnks for ure time :D
  • jluyt
    jluyt Posts: 7
    Options
    Protein powder simply helps you supliment in order to reach your protein goal for the day. Use a whey isolate that is low in carbs instead.
  • esme8709
    Options
    My experience - just watch your macros and calorie deficit and you will be ok. I drink protein shakes at least once (perhaps twice) a day because I don't eat meat and I want to bolster my protein intake. I eat back my exercises calories, keep around 800-1000 cal a day deficit and I've been losing 1.75-2lb a week for the last 3 months :-) At the moment I am pushing weights to tone rather than bulk and I can feel the difference already in that area too :-)

Good luck

Thnk u is good info ;)
  • esme8709
    Options
    Doesn't matter what you eat or drink. If you eat at a surpluss then you will gain weight, likewise if you eat at a deficit, you will lose weight. Sure there are variables which can alter the traditional calorie in/calorie out formula, but that's not really a big game breaker.

If you are logging the nutrients in the Muscle Milk, and you are drinking more then your maintenance, you will gain weight. Same as if you ate more lettace or carrots.

Thnks for the info I apretiate it :)
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    IT's CAllED MUscle mILk because it builds mUscle! Not fat.

You build muscle by USING your muscles and fueling them properly. If you drink it, but sit on the couch all day, you will build fat if it takes you over daily calorie needs.

I don't think so, why would they call it muscle milk then?

Because that's the brand name, and they would like to make it look like that.
    Have you ever seen a product that was completely honest, haha. All they are about is sell sell sell, and a catchy brand name helps.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    How do you milk a muscle? And does the milk aggravate shellfish allergies?
    I must've stayed up too late writing documents for work.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

It contains calories. If you drank 20 per day, it'd most likely cause you to gain fat, regardless of what it's called.

However, OP should be fine if they're supplementing. One shake per day isn't gonna make her gain weight, unless she's eating far more than she should be.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I think she's expecting muscle milk to grow muscles for her...smh. Oh, and for the 84 millionth time it's "LOSE"!!!!!
  • AliceRoseHooperAC
    Options
    *lose

for the love of God...and grammar.:flowerforyou:

i second that
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Many of the protein shakes will make you gain weight but muscle milk is not one of them. It does have 2 grams of sugar per scoop so it depends on how much you are using.

If you would like more information on just how much sugar you should have in your diet to lose weight and/or how much protein you should have based on your age and exercise, message me... glad to help

Joanne Moniz

Don't take this advice. Actually the sugar is good for you post workout.
  • bagge72
    Options
    *lose

i second that

Capital I.
  • AliceRoseHooperAC
    Options
    *lose

i second that

Capital I.

itz da grammar police yalll!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

You build muscle by USING your muscles and fueling them properly. If you drink it, but sit on the couch all day, you will build fat if it takes you over daily calorie needs.

tumblr_inline_moossiH3U51qz4rgp.gif
  • bagge72
    Options
    *lose

i second that

Capital I.

Just saying don't be the grammar police yourself, and then go and screw up your grammar. Nobody likes a know it all.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    *lose

i second that

Capital I.

Just saying don't be the grammar police yourself, and then go and screw up your grammar. Nobody likes a know it all.

It's entirely possible the title is grammatically correct. Have any of you considered that maybe like, she has a real problem with protein shaking loose (from wherever), and thinks maybe if the protein was heavier, it wouldn't shake loose?

Isn't the responsible thing to advise the OP to buy straps to keep the protein from shaking loose, rather than gaining weight?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Excess calorie consumption causes weight gain.

^^This^^
  • bagge72
    Options
    *lose

i second that

Capital I.

It's entirely possible the title is grammatically correct. Have any of you considered that maybe like, she has a real problem with protein shaking loose (from wherever), and thinks maybe if the protein was heavier, it wouldn't shake loose?

Isn't the responsible thing to advise the OP to buy straps to keep the protein from shaking loose, rather than gaining weight?

Very true, and I should have thought about that in the first place! She needs a better shaker bottle!
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk will not give you muscle or weight gains. Hard work at the gym will give you muscle. Overeating or over-consuming calories causes weight gain. The protein powder is a supplement, not a magic potion.
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Please tell me this is a joke. :noway: