Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Calories yes.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    She fit TWO! TWO eggplants! Ah ah ah....
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I count everything. Not just for the calories, but to have an accurate picture of my nutrition.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If I consume it, I log it. Simple as that.

I am living proof of an obese vegetarian. That being said vegetables most certainly DO add up. I also agree with what the previous posters have said. It also matters how the vegetables are prepared. Butter, oil, sauces, cheese, hummus, dips - it all adds additional calories to those veggies.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I can see how not counting them might work for some folks, as it might shift eating patterns.

But it doesn't work for me - I count everything.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I count all my vegetables on my log. They can add up.
  • bryntevans01
    bryntevans01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I always count my vegetables, only because i track my Macros and they count upto my carbs uptake.
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I count them, if nothing else to keep track of the vitamins and minerals that are present in the vegetables. Nutrient intake is just as important as calorie intake, since nutrients are beneficial to health and weight loss. Though with that in mind, I probably should be keeping track of my supplements as well. Also, even though celery is negative calorie, I'd like to know what my cream cheese came on.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I count every lettuce leaf I eat lol
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes you can definitely count them... especially because they add up and give you a good amount of calories. But, on the other hand, if you feel hungry and want to eat something, you can always eat some fruits or veggies, and I don't think it's that bad if you exceed by eating something quite healthy. They're mostly water so it's not like they do any harm. Better than exceeding with a burger...
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Usually. If it's part of my meal then I log it. But occasionally if I much on a handful of fresh green beans or a leaf or two of raw red cabbage then I don't. I used to be too wrapped up in numbers and almost obsessive so now that I have a more relaxed approach I am seeing better results.

I love eating healthy so I don't need to worry about getting enough veggies and worrying about macros. I actually had to cut down because I was eating way too much.
  • dar1876
    Options
    I do not count green or colorful veggies, however i do try to keep track of starch veggies.