Bump
  • butreally12
    butreally12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yummmm thanks everyone!!
  • drakedk02
    drakedk02 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, love when my cooking is all done in the morning before I go to work.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    bump!

looks like some great recipes, i need to finish reading through all of these later

(note to self, two that look good for easing back into solids after being sick....applesauce pg 2, creamy chicken w/rice soup pg 4)
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Replying so I can find this later. I've had my slowcooker for two years and haven't used it yet!
  • tjlbg1984
    tjlbg1984 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • cposton79
    cposton79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tortillia Soup (okay it has more than 5 ingredients but still simple to make)

2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into pieces)
    1 green pepper
    1 red pepper
    2-3 jalapenos
    1 white onion
    1 can of black beans, drained
    1 can of kidney beans, drained
    2 cans of diced tomatos
    3 cans of reduced sodium chicken broth
    3 tbsp chilli powder
    1 tsp of cumin powder
    2 garlic cloves or 2 tbsp of minced garlic
    2 tbsp of fajitia seasoning

Throw everything together, cook for 8 hours on low or 6 on high. It makes about 12 servings.
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    Turkey Taco chilli

1lb of ground turkey
    1 green pepper
    1 red pepper
    1 white onion
    1 can of black beans, drained
    1 can of kidney beans, drained
    2 cans of diced tomatoes
    1 can of tomato sauce
    1 pkg of smart fiesta taco mix

Brown the turkey with 1/2 of the onions, peppers and some garlic, throw on top of all the rest of the ingredients. Stir, if you like it extra spicy, add some cayenne pepper or chilli powder. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8.

Makes 6-8 servings
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    save
  • EvilTracy
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of 'freezer to crockpot' cooking. I've been doing this for about 4 months now, and I don't know how I survived before finding this website!

http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/09/20-meals-in-2-hours-slow-cooker-freezer-meals/

I take out the freezer bag of 'whatever' just before I leave for work (still frozen) and I pop the frozen hunk in my crockpot, when I come home, dinner is ready! I do all my prep on a Sunday afternoon, maybe every four or five weeks. I shop the sales. And I also make a huge pot of wild/brown rice, and once it's cooked and cooled, I portion it out into freezer bags. When we're having rice, I pop it in the microwave. Seriously easy and yummy!!
  • BoobieM
    BoobieM Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump. I have been looking for crock recipes that don't have tomatoes. These are wonderful!
  • TappiGabi
    TappiGabi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like to add a packet of onion soup mix on top of a beef roast and add about an inch of water. You can add carrots to it after a few hours. It's super easy and yummy!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite recipes for the crock pot is pulled port.

Get a small pork shoulder, a can of root beer throw them in the crock on low for 6-8 hours. When you come home drain part of the juice and add BBQ sauce if you would like, but it's not really necessary. Serve on a whole grain bun or over brown rice. Super yummy and simple.
  • sunshinenstars
    sunshinenstars Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • kblifestyle
    kblifestyle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This has been a favorite of my followers maybe you will enjoy it also.

http://naturalred.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/crock-pot-beef-stew/
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I really like to make beef stew in a crockpot- Just add 1 lb of lean stew meat, any veggies that you like, garlic powder, 1 cup beef broth, 2 cups water, and one packet beef stew seasoning. Cook on low for 8 hours.

I made up a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Chili- 2 cans white beans (drained), 1 lb skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins (No need to cut up, it will fall apart when it finishes cooking), 2 stalks sliced celery, 2 grated carrots, 1 sliced onion, 1 Tbsp cumin, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (Franks, Heinz, and Louisiana are all good brands) , 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning. Add all together in crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. When serving sprinkle with blue cheese and offer extra celery sticks.

Enchilada chicken is basically the same recipe, except sub black beans for the white beans, a can of green enchilada sauce instead of the hot wings sauce and ranch packet, add 1 cup corn kernels, and cook. Stir 1 cup light sour cream about 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle the top of bowl with shredded cheddar or queso when serving.

My veggie soup is great in a crockpot- I add one package of turkey smoked sausage sliced,large can of tomato juice, whatever veggies I feel like adding, fresh cracked black pepper, garlic powder, several cups of water and cook on low 8 hours.
    Hope these help!