Replies

• jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't like my food to touch on the plate, unless its under my terms.

Oh yeah, plain lays dipped in pickle juice. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    When eating pretzels, chips, etc., I have to go in size order and eat the smaller pieces first and the biggest ones last.

I have to eat my pizza with a fork and knife otherwise I feel like the ingredients will fall off.

I only like to drink lukewarm coffee, not hot. I put ice cubes in it to cool it off.

I don't like tomato sauce that falls off the pasta. It needs to stick to the pasta or I won't eat it.

I eat M&Ms one at a time and "split" them open at the seam with my teeth before eating them. I don't like it when people dump a whole handful of M&Ms into their mouth at once. It seems wrong.

I've eaten the exact same breakfast, lunch, and mid-day snacks every weekday since September. Dinner and weekends are my only variation.

If I'm eating a slice of cake pie, it can't be tipped over. I like to cut individual cross sections with my fork and eat it like that.
  • lovemuffin6
    Options
    I like to eat things in colour order, and if I have something like a graze box or mixed nuts i'll eat each type of food separately after lining them up :3
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Anything with cumin is inedible. IDK why lots of people love cumin. Well salsa makes an exception.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    chicken liver... LOVE THAT

I am addicted to chicken liver too! everyone thinks i am crazy!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options

Sugar snap peas - when eating raw, I always split them open and check for critters. My success rate is finding about 2 in every 3 bags. I don't really care when their cooked - figure it's just extra protein. In fact, when cooked will put the whole thing in my mouth and don't like to cut them, I'd rather not know if I've just eaten half a critter!

Oh my, I eat sugar snap peas raw all the time, now I am grossed out, I never split them to look inside. Guess I need to change my eating habbits when eating these. I probably, most likely eating bugs. YUCK
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    chicken liver... LOVE THAT

I am addicted to chicken liver too! everyone thinks i am crazy!

I LOVE CHICKEN LIVER! TOO!!! You guys are awesome :flowerforyou:
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't like my food to touch on the plate, unless its under my terms.

Oh yeah, plain lays dipped in pickle juice. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

I love this too! lol thought i was the only one
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing I do, and my OH always loves to point it out.

I can't use a knife and fork properly. No thats not true, I can, I just choose not to.

When I get a meal that requires cutting, I cut everything up into small bite size pieces straight away. I put the knife down, and eat with just the fork. I can't be bothered faffing with cutting before every bite!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat toast or sandwiches, I eat the crust first then eat the inside portion of the bread.
  • raseco79
    raseco79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like a pickle or two diced up in my salads. The chopped chicken salad from Panera is AWESOME with pickles.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    The top layer of any food container (jar of peanut butter, carton of ice cream) should always remain smooth.
    Each bite is taken in a specific order for many meals, so I have issues sharing my food.
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone!

1. I hate any sauce on Pizza (unless it's white pizza that uses alfredo).
    2. When I eat oreos I have a system, the first one I lick off the cream, the next I eat regular and this goes on and on.
    3. When I eat M&Ms, I eat by color and until there is only orange and blue left (FL Gators!) and then I combine and eat those colors together.
    4. i hate mayonnaise unless it's in tuna.
    5. I only eat soft french fries.
    6. I hate the texture of blueberries but I love the taste.
    7. When I was growing up, I was told spiders lay their eggs in the ends of bananas so to this day, I cut off the ends and won't eat them.
  • ShrinkyKiwi
    Options
    I haaaaate when people make noises when eating so much!!! I haven't lived in Japan but I work in a Japanese owned company and most of the people are Japanese, they slurp at all times!!! so much that it drives me crazy, now I put my headphones on as soon as I get to the office because I can't stand the noises!

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

And then there's the after-lunch tooth-sucking. Seriously, the staffroom was a cacophany of eating noises and tooth-sucking for about two hours of every day.

Plus slurping tea apparently makes it WAY better.

I don't know how I got through three years in Japan without going postal, I really don't.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I turn my dinner plate to get to the portion of food I want to eat, rather than reaching over the plate to get my fork to it. And I usually eat all of one thing, like all my chicken, before moving on to the sweet potato/broccoli/whatever.

And I need my hot foods to be HOT. Like scorching, sizzling hot, and my cold foods/drinks to be FREEZING cold. Warm pizza or room-temp potato salad or milk...just ugh.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Anything with cumin is inedible. IDK why lots of people love cumin. Well salsa makes an exception.

Where do you live that people put cumin in SALSA???? :noway:

No. Just...no.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I always eat bananas with a spoon by removing one section of peel and using the rest as a bowl.

I also eat continental style (knife in right hand, fork in left throughout entire meal) and that comes off as strange to people that aren't used to it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty weird, so please bear with me.
    -I love to drink hot cocoa, coffee (hot lattes & even frappuccinos), and milkshakes with a spoon. I like it more, not sure why. I feel uncomfortable drinking it regularly or with a straw. However, I can drink other liquids like a normal human being (eggnog, vegetable juice, milk, etc.)
    -I like to... er... eat with my hands and dissect my food, so to speak (only when alone, of course). For example, I'll use utensils if I'm eating a hamburger to cut off small pieces, then peel the bun off, eat it, take the patty, eat it, then eat the bottom bun and continue to the next piece. Same goes with pizza: cut, cheese, bread, cut. The inside of a donut, frosting, then donut. You get the idea from here xD everything tastes better with your hands and eaten in components, you can taste more!! (peanut butter sandwiches I freeze so I can separate the peanut butter >.>) Soups I eat normally though!
    -Although I frequently order hot lattes, I try to let them sit until they're room temperature. I thoroughly dislike hot things. Soup needs to be just a little warm, but not hot.
    I'm sure there's much more I can't think of right now

EDIT: -I like my noodles firm and dry (without sauces). Ramen noodles I actually eat raw, like a bag of chips :s
    -I only like bacon if its burnt (I feel like I'm eating straight up fat the other way xP)
    -I like chocolate chips, but not in cookies. Or brownies. Or anything, really.
    -I used to only eat my steak with ketchup (and prefer so much on my burger that I'd squirt some on my plate and dip it in, since the amount I wanted would just run off the burger).
    -I don't like things toasted, generally. I love soft bread. Unless it's honey cinnamon butter, I'll eat my bread plain.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I only have a few-

I also don't mind eating things cold- love cold mac and cheese.

I am very picky about meat- white meat chicken breast only, no bones. Beef has to be really extremely lean- no visible gristle or fat, again, no bones. I only like the "white" boneless pork chops.

Raisins- I like them on cereal, in oatmeal cookies, and just plain but can't stand them in bread or muffins- they're so mushy!

Reading this thread has made me feel not so weird! LOL