protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I use Arbonne's protein powder. It's vegan! So all veggie proteins and much more easily digestible. Plus it tastes good :) Also gluten free! <3<3<3<3

I prefer the vanilla as it mixes better in with my smoothies than the chocolate (which is better on its own, or with banana). PS I'm a consultant so I also <3 that I get paid to drink the things too...so I'm a bit biased :P

(http://www.arbonneinternational.co.uk/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=2070&menuId=&withLinks=1&lang=eng#sthash.he83D5pb)

I've heard women shouldn't have too much soy as it can mess with their hormones...too much estrogen or something?!?! I don't know the truth in that. Also - my doctor told me that whey protein can limit the absorption of some antibiotics and things like that...

Overall I agree with JackieLou867 and get the cleanest you can find!!

This ludicrously priced junk is part a pyramid scheme. Nobody with any nutrition knowledge or business sense would touch it.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    No. It falls far below the standards I've set, so unless it's ridiculously cheap, why bother with protein that's less than 65% protein?

Thanks bro!
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Honestly my favorite protein powder is the 365 Whole Foods brand of Chocolate Whey. It has aout 16g of protein in it and tastes WONDERFUL with ingredients you are already using: frozen bananas and almond milk (I used unsweetened almond milk) and it is my breakfast every morning.
  • Bridgeplayer69
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/protein-shakes/

I make these with Optimum Nutrition Dbl Chocolate. Pretty good with the frozen bananas. The protein bars on his site aren't bad either.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    Honestly my favorite protein powder is the 365 Whole Foods brand of Chocolate Whey. It has aout 16g of protein in it and tastes WONDERFUL with ingredients you are already using: frozen bananas and almond milk (I used unsweetened almond milk) and it is my breakfast every morning.

that sounds good... I buy my almond milk there. It's a brand called Califia Farms and the BEST I've had
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/protein-shakes/

I make these with Optimum Nutrition Dbl Chocolate. Pretty good with the frozen bananas. The protein bars on his site aren't bad either.

thanks for the link!
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of putting frozen berries and chia seeds in my shakes.

Having said that I've gone to making full on raw veggie smoothies too.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I'm a big fan of putting frozen berries and chia seeds in my shakes

I've tried to use chia seeds before and they upset my stomach terribly
  • yanglovesmj
    yanglovesmj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i take sun warrior's protein powder which is my vegan option. It has an amazing amino acid profile and 15g of protein per scoop. works pretty well for me. i totally recommend it. i know quest bars are pretty good as well though it isnt vegan. tastes amazing and satisfies your sweet cravings without the guilt! 20g of protein per bar :)
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Although this is on a bunny trail. . I really like unjury products especially the chicken soup flavor. It's 100 cal (1 SCOOP) and 21 grams of protein. I love it for lunches or when I get the urge to snack.... i really like their chocolate powders.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I think I'm going to try the whole foods 365 kind =)
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Best tasting cheap one that still has a decent formula that I have found is inner armor super quad. I do like all of gasparis stuff and cellucor whey to though if you have a bit more cash.
  • jtaijeron1
    Options
    i like next level nutrition all their flavors are good and i use the lean pro matrix which i think is 28g of protein or more but the carbs are very low and like i said the flavor is the best i like banana or any of their fruit flavors
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    So far I like the whole foods brand but thank you I'll try more