10 lbs? Yeah right.

Options

Replies

• HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't we be learning a new healthy way of life that is ongoing and can be used long term. I know in the past tight restrictions and fad diets ended up in failure.

Goodluck

yes! This isn't just a fad for me. It's motivation to get into the raw/vegan life that I've been half-assing for so long.
  • HannahInHawaii
    Options
    My goal is to lose a pound a week in December. I'm at a healthy weight now & doubt I can lose 2lbs every week anymore. I hope to be 128lbs by new years!

You got this!
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to reach the -20lb mark by 12/25 but I don't know if I will get there. As long as I do in the long run I am all good but it is fun to have a goal to strive for.
  • HannahInHawaii
    Options
    I'd LOVE to reach the -20lb mark by 12/25 but I don't know if I will get there. As long as I do in the long run I am all good but it is fun to have a goal to strive for.

Just gotta believe it to see it!
  • alywei37
    Options
    I would love to be seven down by christmas dinner. After a bad weekend im back on track:)
  • HannahInHawaii
    Options
    I would love to be seven down by christmas dinner. After a bad weekend im back on track:)

Go girl!
  • HannahInHawaii
    Options
    If anyone wants keep up with this whole sha-bang, feel free to add me. I have an open diary so you can see how I do it.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    I'm down for a 5 pound December challenge. Ready! Set! Go!

Oh, and you mentioned something about vegan. Are you a vegan or are you becoming one?
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't we be learning a new healthy way of life that is ongoing and can be used long term. I know in the past tight restrictions and fad diets ended up in failure.

Goodluck

yes! This isn't just a fad for me. It's motivation to get into the raw/vegan life that I've been half-assing for so long.

That's an amazing lifestyle change. I was a vegetarian in high school. I lost a ton of weight & my complexion cleared up. Good luck!
  • PSlosing29
    PSlosing29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My birthday is this month, so I made a goal to be down 4 lbs by then.

CW: 146
    GW: 142 (dec 21st)
  • HannahInHawaii
    Options

Oh, and you mentioned something about vegan. Are you a vegan or are you becoming one?

I am working my way towards it! RAW vegan. Not just vegan.
  • HannahInHawaii
    Options
    My birthday is this month, so I made a goal to be down 4 lbs by then.

CW: 146
    GW: 142 (dec 21st)

Woohoo! That's a great goal!
  • HannahInHawaii
    Options

Goodluck

That's an amazing lifestyle change. I was a vegetarian in high school. I lost a ton of weight & my complexion cleared up. Good luck!

Thank you!
  • asianmonkie
    Options

That's the first time I've heard of raw vegan. It looks interesting. Good luck!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Realistic objectives deliver small success.
    Small success drives commitment.
    Commitment delivers big success.

I like this! :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

But ... you still eat meat?
  • HannahInHawaii
    Options

As of right now, yes. But, like I said earlier, I am "working my way towards it."

I have stopped buying it and I am working towards getting to the point where I don't eat it at all.
  • andreaheileman
    andreaheileman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So the week of Thanksgiving I gave myself the goal to lose 10 lbs. by December 13th. My starting weight was 154 and I wanted to hit 144.

Well, needless to say, after Thanksgiving I was up to 157. I thought "there is no way in hell I'm going to be able to lose 13 lbs in a matter of days."

I started going for walks every day and I joined a December Challenge group with the intent to walk/run 20 miles this month.

Guess what? I weighed in this morning and was at 153.8.

I'm back on track and I KNOW I can hit that goal on the 13th.

At your weight, losing 10 pounds in just over a week isn't really realistic. You could starve yourself and MAYBE see that on the scale but due to the extreme restriction necessary to lose even 4-5 pounds in a week you likely put it back on, plus some, the minute you go back to less restrictive eating. I'm not trying to be discouraging just realistic. At your weight you should be looking for maybe a pound a week.

Sound advice. Sorry to the poster who posted the above for the reception it got :cry:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

As of right now, yes. But, like I said earlier, I am "working my way towards it."

I have stopped buying it and I am working towards getting to the point where I don't eat it at all.
    Just stop. It really is that simple ...