Need Help Eating More Calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Eggs, protein powder, cheese, olive oil, avocado, glass of milk, pasta, wholewheat bread/toast, natural peanut butter, beef, lentils and other beans, full fat greek yoghurt, nuts :)
    This this THIS!

Oh, and fish, chicken, pastas, oatmeal.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry too much about "good" vs "bad" food or "junk food". You are trying to recover and gain weight.
    You definitely need more protein. How about eggs? I don't see any meat listed….tuna, chicken, shrimp, turkey.
    Also….when you are in need of a good chunk of calories at the end of the day, there is NOTHING wrong with enjoying a bowl of ice cream!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I also have jif creamy peanut butter, but that's high in sugar so worth it or not?

With what you are eating, the extra sugar won't even make a dent. Besides, there's no reason for you to watch added sugar unless you have an insulin regulation problem. Go ahead and eat the peanut butter.

But, there's no real reason to eat peanut butter with added sugar if you really don't want to - f it bothers you, go buy one of the brands that just includes peanuts and salt. And while you're at it, look into the other nut butters out there - almond, walnut, macadamia, cashew, brazil - all good for you, calorie dense, and yummy.
  • MissBee0507
    MissBee0507 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please consider seeing a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. There are many that specialize in this area and can help you throughout this whole process. Not only can they provide specific diet and supplement advice, but they can check labs/blood work and make any needed recommendations to your primary care physician. ( I work in healthcare and am familiar with what R.D.'s do).

That being said, people have offered great support and advice here.

Best of luck to you.
  • micherie1969
    Options
    A nice steak and pasta.

Excellent plan. I'd go with whole grain. Or... better yet, some quinoa or black rice.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    try adding butter and or olive oil when cooking just about anything and everything. It will add an easy 100 calories to everything you are preparing. Cheese is also very good calorie dense food too. The protein powder was a good suggestion. You could also drink some calories too including juice, milk, or protein shakes.