Ahhh, dont know whats going on.....

Options
13»

Replies

• Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi, yeah, the kids and the teachers eat the same amount of food together.

If it's enough food to fatten up a grownup, I can only imagine how huge the kids at that school must be...

That's what I was thinking. :huh:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Hi, yeah, the kids and the teachers eat the same amount of food together.

If it's enough food to fatten up a grownup, I can only imagine how huge the kids at that school must be...

That's what I was thinking. :huh:

Out of curiosity, I looked up what Japanese school lunches look like. Seems pretty innocuous to me...?

http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/meet/shinanodai/stepin02.html
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    It would be great if I could only eat 3/4 of what I am given at school,.....but I cant. My school is very by the book, I have to eat everything. But as I get more comments, I am thinking about what I have eaten, can coffee be that much of an influence? I dont think I logged every cup of coffee I drank. But seriously, except for the school lunches, I am being very careful. I weigh everything, I measure, and try to be very accurate.

What exactly is meant by you "have to" eat the whole lunch? They cannot force feed you. Just refuse what you don't want, nothing will happen to you.
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options
    I am an ALT, (Assistant Language teacher). But I still have to eat everything, I eat with the kids, and if I dont eat everything, the other teachers say that the kids may think its ok not to eat everything. I have to be a good example. Even if we are teachers, we still have to follow the rules! Which means, we have to eat everything. Its not a school cafeteria, the food comes in, every plate has to have the same amount served so that theres enough. No food if allowed to go in the bin (unless its dropped lol), or returned to the School Lunch Center.

What a convenient excuse! You poor thing, being force-fed, with literally no recourse. Aw. :huh:

Lol !!!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    In to learn about Japanese school lunches.
    01-Bento-Box-Art-lifestyle-1.jpg
  • briniepoo
    briniepoo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of editing the previous message lol. Heres an idea of what we eat, not my school, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RdFQ9Hnjys

I have stopped having suger in my coffee, so I only have black. I didnt add milk to begin with anyways.

I log everything, and as I said, my school lunches are very acurately dished out. I honestly have no choice to eat it or not, if I dont eat it, I get angry looks (this is Japan, and my job, I really dont want to risk losing my job because "I make the other workers upset because I dont follow the rules" (its happened, and not an unusual thing) , and I still have to pay for it (its a monthly fee)). I know you may say excuses excuses, but until summer holidays thats the reality, I did used to bring my own food, but I was taken aside and told by my headmaster that I was "upsetting the other teachers and students, so please eat the school lunches" (a friend explained it that some kids dont like the school lunches, and when they saw me bring in nicer food, they got upset). As such, I control my breakfast and dinner religiously. I will see what I can do about reducing my "Friday feast", it maybe effecting my loss.

If I am over estimating my exercise, then the only thing I can think I am over estimating is my weight training.
    I do 40 min to 50 mins, but I only mark it down as 30 min, maybe I am not buring 70 calories, maybe I am I dont know. I know I work hard pumping 7-8 kgs 4 sets of 6-12 reps. I sweat alot. I do bicept curls, shoulder ups, bench press, sit ups with 2 kg 4x12, plank for 1 min on all sides, tricept press, fly, row etc. Then another day I do 4 sets of 12 reps of 70kg squats, 6kg lunge, 5 kg deadlift, 10 kg hamstring lift back and front, 4 times single leg bridge 30 secs each, bird dog 1 min each, 70kg calf ups 4x20 (not sure the real name lol).
    As for my running, I do it after my weights, I do atleast 2km a day in 15-20 mins, unless the distance calculator on the tredmill is wrong. When I ride a bike, I do 8-9km in 15-17 mins, again, unless the distance calculator is wrong. I guess its about 100 cals per, but until I get my HRM I cant be very accurate.

I increased my calories because, before I was exhuasted every day, not just for a week but a whole month I bared it. I was starting to binge too.
  • briniepoo
    Options
    BTW the picture above looked increadable, but no, never had that.

Maybe I shouldnt count my weight training in, you dont burning very much anyways through doing it.

BTW how many people do cardio and weight training on the same day?
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    This is very simple. You are eating too many calories. If you want validation that it's starvation mode, then go ahead and eat more calories and see what happens...

Track your calories if you want to lose weight. If you HAVE to eat the school lunch then you'll have to make up for it through the rest of the day. Try intermittent fasting. Skip breakfast, eat your big lunch, eat a small dinner. If you eat at a deficit you will lose weight.

Please, for the love of god, do NOT increase your calories if you want to lose weight. That's not how it works.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Wow, briniepoo, you have an awful lot of excuses.

Your problem has been addressed several times.

YOU are eating too many calories.

Either you are not logging accurately due to not preparing your own food, or the fact that they are forcing you to eat more than you need - OR you have chosen the wrong number of calories to lose weight.

This is YOUR experiment to perform. We can't do it for you. Pretty simple, really.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    And btw OP, if you are replying to someone it is helpful for you to press the "quote" button so that we know who you are responding to.
  • briniepoo
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone, I shall cut again and see what happens, gonna be either hard or easy, lets see!
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said 1kg is NOTHING. You can poop and lose that amount. I wouldn't freak about gaining until you've gained a few kgs. You could simply be holding a little water weight at the moment. My scale can fluctuate over 5 lbs (2.2kg) in a single day.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of editing the previous message lol. Heres an idea of what we eat, not my school, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RdFQ9Hnjys

I have stopped having suger in my coffee, so I only have black. I didnt add milk to begin with anyways.

I log everything, and as I said, my school lunches are very acurately dished out. I honestly have no choice to eat it or not, if I dont eat it, I get angry looks (this is Japan, and my job, I really dont want to risk losing my job because "I make the other workers upset because I dont follow the rules" (its happened, and not an unusual thing) , and I still have to pay for it (its a monthly fee)). I know you may say excuses excuses, but until summer holidays thats the reality, I did used to bring my own food, but I was taken aside and told by my headmaster that I was "upsetting the other teachers and students, so please eat the school lunches" (a friend explained it that some kids dont like the school lunches, and when they saw me bring in nicer food, they got upset). As such, I control my breakfast and dinner religiously. I will see what I can do about reducing my "Friday feast", it maybe effecting my loss.

If I am over estimating my exercise, then the only thing I can think I am over estimating is my weight training.
    I do 40 min to 50 mins, but I only mark it down as 30 min, maybe I am not buring 70 calories, maybe I am I dont know. I know I work hard pumping 7-8 kgs 4 sets of 6-12 reps. I sweat alot. I do bicept curls, shoulder ups, bench press, sit ups with 2 kg 4x12, plank for 1 min on all sides, tricept press, fly, row etc. Then another day I do 4 sets of 12 reps of 70kg squats, 6kg lunge, 5 kg deadlift, 10 kg hamstring lift back and front, 4 times single leg bridge 30 secs each, bird dog 1 min each, 70kg calf ups 4x20 (not sure the real name lol).
    As for my running, I do it after my weights, I do atleast 2km a day in 15-20 mins, unless the distance calculator on the tredmill is wrong. When I ride a bike, I do 8-9km in 15-17 mins, again, unless the distance calculator is wrong. I guess its about 100 cals per, but until I get my HRM I cant be very accurate.

I increased my calories because, before I was exhuasted every day, not just for a week but a whole month I bared it. I was starting to binge too.

Oh no, angry looks! Upsetting people! :noway:

Yeah, I'll stay fat to avoid those things, absolutely. Musn't rock the boat! I'll just go along with what everyone else expects of me, like a good girl. And if it sabotages my weight loss, well, I guess some things are more important, right? :huh:

Why even bother? Just stay fat. :drinker:
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is very simple. You are eating too many calories. If you want validation that it's starvation mode, then go ahead and eat more calories and see what happens...

Track your calories if you want to lose weight. If you HAVE to eat the school lunch then you'll have to make up for it through the rest of the day. Try intermittent fasting. Skip breakfast, eat your big lunch, eat a small dinner. If you eat at a deficit you will lose weight.

Please, for the love of god, do NOT increase your calories if you want to lose weight. That's not how it works.

This right hurr.

Do us all a favor, eat more, and report back the results next month.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Op, it sounds like you're really good about exercising. What is your activity level set to? What if you changed it to active or lightly active and didn't eat back exercise cals?
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't do the whole logging exercise thing, go with the TDEE-20%
  • briniepoo
    Options
    Op, it sounds like you're really good about exercising. What is your activity level set to? What if you changed it to active or lightly active and didn't eat back exercise cals?

I set my activity level as lightly active I think, the one where it has teacher in the brackets.
  • briniepoo
    Options
    Don't do the whole logging exercise thing, go with the TDEE-20%

Heya, I would, but I am not too sure what my TDEE actually is lol.