belly pooch… is it ever going away?

Options
im 5'8" 128 lbs and im getting really frustrated because it seems to be the last bit that won't budge.
i know you can spot reduce but i don't want to lose too much more weight & be too skinny.
anyone else have any luck with this or are some of us just stuck with it?
DSC_0042-1.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=125813953&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=0

Replies

• ciki90
    ciki90 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I always thought I'd have a pooch too... But then I realized that it was my diet and digestive tract that was keeping that extra but there. Not sure if you have any issues with your stomach (intolerances or allergies to foods) but as soon as I started takin vitamins and digestive enzymes the pooch slowly decreased. I was deficient in magnesium, iron and vitamin D and I started to take Encyclomedia's Digest Spectrum before meals. Sometimes I will do shots of apple cider vinegar and that helps with gas too. You may be saying "no it's not bloat, it's fat" but once I cleared up my deficiencies my body stopped holding onto fat in my belly and it began to seem very evenly distributed on my body. Try to figure out if this may be the problem... I had amazing results after everything got fixed!
  • kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I always thought I'd have a pooch too... But then I realized that it was my diet and digestive tract that was keeping that extra but there. Not sure if you have any issues with your stomach (intolerances or allergies to foods) but as soon as I started takin vitamins and digestive enzymes the pooch slowly decreased. I was deficient in magnesium, iron and vitamin D and I started to take Encyclomedia's Digest Spectrum before meals. Sometimes I will do shots of apple cider vinegar and that helps with gas too. You may be saying "no it's not bloat, it's fat" but once I cleared up my deficiencies my body stopped holding onto fat in my belly and it began to seem very evenly distributed on my body. Try to figure out if this may be the problem... I had amazing results after everything got fixed!

Thanks for sharing! I too have a big belly and its the first, and really only, place I want to lose. I dont mind my big butt or the cellulite on my legs so much, and I have very little fat on my upper body or arms. But my belly is far too large - I look pregnant in tight clothing. And websites and books classify my belly as an "apple" shape, which means I have visceral fat and thats super unhealthy. I'm always looking for ideas to help my weight loss in that particular area. I will start taking some vitimins and I have gas very frequently - will look into these things.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Have you had a baby? If so, you may be stuck with it, but with a lot of exercise & time, it'll get flatter. Work on your macros, getting your body good food choice wise, will help.
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    ooh thanks ill try this because i haven't had luck with anything else. wouldn't be surprised if i had a few deficiencies
  • Ceilidh_H
    Ceilidh_H Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm bumping this so that I can find that digestive enzyme name later :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    The answer is to lift heavy.

strong lifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting for women.

It will be hard, because more than likely you will need to gain a little bit of weight, but its just a number on a scale that doesn't mean anything. Do some searing on here.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am a size six and no, I don't think mine will ever go away because I am starting to believe it's in my head. I am just now readjusting my expectations to accept my body as it is. My body is thin, fit but my belly still looks large to me.
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    tbh, I love girls with a little belly pooch over rock hard abs. From your photos, I think you look great
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options

It will be hard, because more than likely you will need to gain a little bit of weight, but its just a number on a scale that doesn't mean anything. Do some searing on here.

This. See my pic? I have 2 kids and used to be a size 18. I'm currently an 8/10. This pic is 2 weeks old, and ten pounds above my goal weight. I'm 165 in this pic.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've went from 250 lbs to 117 lbs, my pooch is nearly gone. You can't just lose weight to get it off, you gotta clean eat and lift!!! I don't lift heavy, but I do a lot of strength workout. T25 has some in there, I''m about to kick it up a notch! Bikini season is only 5 months away!!!

6ep3zn.jpg
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Bump for future
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    This.
    Doing it and loving it thus far!

• briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    you're soooooooooo thin and your belly looks flat for sure. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about
  • mylife4eva
    Options
    bump
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    It may depend on what you mean by "pooch" I cannot see your picture, so I am going to have to gues here. Sometimes, yes, that will just go away with time and the tips above may help. IF you have loose skin, loose/torn stomach muscles, and fat deposits in certain places from pregnancy or large amounts of weight loss, no amount of strength training or diet will fix those.

I have struggled with hating my body and myself for over a year due to thinking I just wasnt doing enough, or working hard enough, or eating low calorie enough... When in reality, I have a 5 inch split between my abdominal muscles and loose skin that isnt going to be repaired by clean eating or strength training (which in fact, the ab work I was doing was actually HURTING my abdominal muscles because they were already torn)

I dont like to sugar coat things, so I try to be honest and share my experience. Because it is hard when everyone is saying just do more! just eat better! and nothing is happening, you start to feel very discouraged.For me, once I realized that this isnt something I can fix on my own (although I never stop working my hardest and doing all I can for myself) I was able to focus on the things I can change and DO like about myself, and let go of some of the dislike I have for my stomach.... Although, I do plan on having a tummy tuck and can not WAIT for the day I have a NORMAL looking belly button again instead of this frowny face I have right now!!:sick: :mad: :angry: :ohwell:
  • seed_of_wonder
    Options

This. See my pic? I have 2 kids and used to be a size 18. I'm currently an 8/10. This pic is 2 weeks old, and ten pounds above my goal weight. I'm 165 in this pic.

wow you look amazing!
  • seed_of_wonder
    Options
    22709143_5130.jpg
    22709143_4574.jpg
    i hope those will work ^^

i don't have access to heavy weights or the funds for a gym membership, can i make my own somehow?
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic ...no idea what pooch you're talking about
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I've had three kids-you can see what my stomach looks like in my profile picture (taken about 2 weeks ago). I had to lose almost 20lbs more than my original goal weight and get down to the very low end of the healthy bmi range, and add walking/running, to get where I'm at now. But yes I now have a totally flat stomach. It's still soft though so I've just started doing a home strength training program (Mark Lauren), to tighten things up.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I've went from 250 lbs to 117 lbs, my pooch is nearly gone. You can't just lose weight to get it off, you gotta clean eat and lift!!! I don't lift heavy, but I do a lot of strength workout. T25 has some in there, I''m about to kick it up a notch! Bikini season is only 5 months away!!!

6ep3zn.jpg

No necessarily-I don't eat 'clean' and I don't life heavy (just started body strength exercises two weeks ago, after my profile picture was taken). Losing weight did get me a flat stomach (with walking/running added in the past few months). Everyone is different :)