Something gross** be warned,

Options

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I poured a nice bowl of Grape Nuts one day, ate a few bites and then noticed some stuff floating on top that wasn't Grape Nuts, it was weevils. I can't eat Grape Nuts to this day.

extra protein! +1
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I went to pour a newly opened box of special K and there were small Maggots in my cereal... Now I can't eat any boxed cereals :(
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So this a thread on the real world paleodiet? Before refrigeration most humans ate foods that were well past any state we would consider palatable. Even use of preservatives as simple as salt are pretty recent innovations in the big scheme of things. Where do people think foods like cheeses, sauerkraut, and beer came from? Those were just foods that rotted in convenient ways. Before most of those we scavenged what we could find, and early humans were not above feeding on carcasses left by other animals. Some of the earliest human tools were probably rocks used to break leg bones left over in corpses of dead animals to get marrow that other animals couldn't scavenge. Fire was a real boon to paleo humans as a way to at least lessen a bit of the risk of major digestive upset from eating raw/rotted foods.
  • nikilis
    Options
    So this a thread on the real world paleodiet? Before refrigeration most humans ate foods that were well past any state we would consider palatable. Even use of preservatives as simple as salt are pretty recent innovations in the big scheme of things. Where do people think foods like cheeses, sauerkraut, and beer came from? Those were just foods that rotted in convenient ways. Before most of those we scavenged what we could find, and early humans were not above feeding on carcasses left by other animals. Some of the earliest human tools were probably rocks used to break leg bones left over in corpses of dead animals to get marrow that other animals couldn't scavenge. Fire was a real boon to paleo humans as a way to at least lessen a bit of the risk of major digestive upset from eating raw/rotted foods.

cavemen invented cheese and beer.

seems legit.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Yes it happened to me with blackberries. Yuck.
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bit into a cheeseburger one time and as I pulled away the burger there was a hair going form the burger to my mouth. I spit out the bite I took and it swang back and forth from the burger. I gagged and to this day when I see a sign for Rallys I wretch a little.

The worst part was that burger was my only food. I was broke and had scraped up some change for a cheeseburger. I wasn't going to get paid for two days. I fed it to my cats. (without the hair of course).
  • nikilis
    Options
    I had airport pizza one time. if that wasn't bad enough in itself, someone had ripped up a cigarette and put it on there. I was chewing on the butt for a good minute before I realized.

food courts suck.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    haha i ate a bite of moldy yoghurt, most disgusting thing ever. Im kinda weird about expiration dates now lol
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    ever had a swig out of a beer bottle that someone used for an ashtray? yummy

didn't stop me from drinking beer though:drinker:
  • Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yep. Actually happened to me a couple of months ago.

The worst one for me was getting back from a party, eating doritos (in the dark) with salsa and sour cream in a single container. The next morning I discovered that salsa wasn't mixed into the sour cream.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Ohh I just remembered, a few years ago I ordered a pie of pizza from this hole in the wall place because the pizza was good from there. I was halfway through a slice when I noticed a brown spot, at first I thought it was a mushroom but upon deeper inspection I realized it was a half eaten dead roach..that apparently I ate and didn't realize. :sick:
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Happened to me to recently. Took biltong (think in America its called Beef Jerky) to work for a snack and started eating it. Picked up the last piece and found something white growing on it. got home and same thing on all the other packets too.

Guess I got a little extra nutrition that day.
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ohh I just remembered, a few years ago I ordered a pie of pizza from this hole in the wall place because the pizza was good from there. I was halfway through a slice when I noticed a brown spot, at first I thought it was a mushroom but upon deeper inspection I realized it was a half eaten dead roach..that apparently I ate and didn't realize. :sick:

Ouch. How much did you eat for the rest of that day? lol
  • BowValleyMom
    BowValleyMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can see that happening to me too! :blushing:
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    ! Edit... Too gross to share, so deleted!!
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I regularly get mould growing on my cream cheese. Thing is - I live alone and am dieting so even the smallest tub I buy could last weeks. That's one of the problems I find with eating sensible portions is not wasting food!
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Did you log the half a roach? I wonder how many calories they have..:laugh:
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you guys for joining me on this gross post lol :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Nothing recent thankfully. But when I was 13 (and still took swigs of milk from the gallon jug) I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink. I took a giant sip of milk from the container and got a mouthful of spoiled milk. I ran to the sink and spit it out and spent the next 15 minutes gagging. Spoiled milk is seriously one of the nastiest tastes on the planet. To this day I can't pour a glass of milk without smelling it first :laugh:
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Your going to die. Just accept it.

8006789bb0cc3734ca56a33a79d2660023d66fd71ea1755948161b32292801bf.jpg

I aint going anywhere lol