Any success stories from India??

Options

Replies

• Mickeyjenny85
    Mickeyjenny85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all...I'm from India too but currently live in US...I would like to join you all ...could anyone please post any indian diet?my only problem is food .I workout 5 days In a week . I do Zumba or walk 3 miles a day.i need to lose a good amount of weight.If anyone could help me with the diet that would be great.

Thanks,
    Mickey.
  • vidyanair
    vidyanair Posts: 4
    Options
    Great to read these inspiring stories, I joined MFP today and I have got to lose 44 pounds, I am eating a 1200 calorie diet and I walk for about an hour covering 4kms ,do you think this is good enough ? or do I need to do more
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    slumdog-millionaire-cast-crew-1.jpg
  • anupama1234
    Options
    yeah even I joined in feb .this site is superb I have lost some ten kgs...ofcourse with lot of exercises and healthy eating
  • georgiansus
    georgiansus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey People,

My Story has just started after thinking & Thinking on loosing weight by easy way since last 15 odd years.
    Finally enough was enough and started on seriously in Mar 2013.
    Till now Have reduced approx 19kgs and will reduce 17 more ...

i have been doing this till now by only Diet Control (1200cal) budget and Jogging.

initially i could not run for 02 minutes....AND Now i did my nonstop 10km(66min) on 17 Aug 2013.

going strong for the goal.
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey People! (whoohoo.. a guy from Pak too... welcome aboard, bro!! - well........I am least bothered about what happens in Delhi and Islamabad)

Coming back - I've lost over 15 KG in the last 1 yr or so. It was a nice journey. It still is. I'll post the pics later.

If I say I am a Southie, should I sing and dance whenever I hear 'Lungi Dance' song?? :P

-AI
  • sarahmsr
    Options
    I'm joining this group of weight 'losers'!
  • pdkarmarkar
    pdkarmarkar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Prajakta..
    New to MFP.. I want to lose around 18 calories. I want to reach my goal in 3 months..

I am doing swimming 15 days a month. Also quit fast food.
    Let's be friends and motivate each other.
  • jerseygirl2007
    Options
    Hey fellas! I have been on MFP for about couple weeks now. I lost a pound in my first week and haven't weighed myself since. In the past, I've tried losing weight and each time gave up since I wasn't seeing quick changes on the scale. This time around, I am really focussing on doing the right thing (eating clean and working out everyday) without expecting immediate results. This is a personal challenge to not be overly concerned about the scale and keeping at my effort. I am really excited about joining MFP and meeting you all. Let's do this together!
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    woohoo, so many new faces! Nice to see such good nos. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • aneetar
    aneetar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is quite the thread I've been looking for on MFP! Thanks for starting it - it's a little bit easy to feel demotivated when everyone's eating salmon and cutting out pasta and no one has any context for the extreme lack of exercise opportunity alongside of the continuous carbohydrate service we are all born to in India!
    I don't think I want to call myself a success story yet, but yes, a work-in-progress story. I gained the Indian equivalent of the freshman15 in moving from South India to North India in my early twenties, but in those days, going from 4 rotis per meal (!!!) to 2 (all served up hot at the hostel mess!) was enough to restore proportions. But then, in my late twenties, I found out what was what. Tons of processed foods, trans-fat in mostly booming Punjabi neighbourhoods (the kind where folk drive up of a Sunday morning to eat Chole-bature seated in their expensive Audis or Beetles) all did their bit to give me a new body type.
    I realised too late that I'd after all had a very flat stomach the first 28 years of my life and alas had never celebrated it till one alphabet dropped out of flat. Then one thing after another, I taught myself to eat better - oat bran+wheat half-and-half rotis, sprouts, regular eating (!!!whodathunk) became my friends, to slowly build activity into even my sedentary workday, such as taking the stairs, sitting much less at work, and walking five minutes at least and so on. My weight fell from approximately 70 kilos (and I'm 5 foot nothing) to a more manageable 63 today over a slow crawl of about two years. Many of my ills like aching knees, a constantly grumpy stomach, breathlessness, and my short temper, all new frenemies from the sub-70kg zone of my life, fled.
    There was also a brief moment in which I even glimpsed the magic 60 kilo figure, sometime last summer. The 55 kg my body quite contentedly lived in till my late 20s is really still far far away (I'm 32 now), and my fLat belly shows no nostalgic desire to return to me alas.
    In the course of trying to eat right, I learned it is amazingly easy for Indians to eat right, it gave me a terrific sense of control and power, knowledge of the ability to shape my own body - which is something almost no one ever teaches us till it's too late - but I still struggle with eating on time, with needing a veritable IV line for tea into my bloodstream every waking hour, with getting enough exercise. I'm okay with the slowness of it, and in many ways feel gaining 15 kilos in 3 years and then trying to reset my body has given me insight I would never ever have had if I'd never become "healthy" (North India's code for "fat"). At the same time, I wonder, where's that flat stomach again when I know its worth? Youth is wasted on the young :)
    Long post, but I had to say hello to all you ladies!
  • aartigill71
    Options
    Here are some absolutely fantastic weight loss and running stories covered -
    http://www.dumbelled.com/category/transformation-stories/

Some very amazing people from India who decided to transform their lives. After all it's all mind over body after a certain time span.
  • rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow .. wonderful and hilarious story. Inspiring too.
  • rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is quite the thread I've been looking for on MFP! Thanks for starting it - it's a little bit easy to feel demotivated when everyone's eating salmon and cutting out pasta and no one has any context for the extreme lack of exercise opportunity alongside of the continuous carbohydrate service we are all born to in India!
    I don't think I want to call myself a success story yet, but yes, a work-in-progress story. I gained the Indian equivalent of the freshman15 in moving from South India to North India in my early twenties, but in those days, going from 4 rotis per meal (!!!) to 2 (all served up hot at the hostel mess!) was enough to restore proportions. But then, in my late twenties, I found out what was what. Tons of processed foods, trans-fat in mostly booming Punjabi neighbourhoods (the kind where folk drive up of a Sunday morning to eat Chole-bature seated in their expensive Audis or Beetles) all did their bit to give me a new body type.
    I realised too late that I'd after all had a very flat stomach the first 28 years of my life and alas had never celebrated it till one alphabet dropped out of flat. Then one thing after another, I taught myself to eat better - oat bran+wheat half-and-half rotis, sprouts, regular eating (!!!whodathunk) became my friends, to slowly build activity into even my sedentary workday, such as taking the stairs, sitting much less at work, and walking five minutes at least and so on. My weight fell from approximately 70 kilos (and I'm 5 foot nothing) to a more manageable 63 today over a slow crawl of about two years. Many of my ills like aching knees, a constantly grumpy stomach, breathlessness, and my short temper, all new frenemies from the sub-70kg zone of my life, fled.
    There was also a brief moment in which I even glimpsed the magic 60 kilo figure, sometime last summer. The 55 kg my body quite contentedly lived in till my late 20s is really still far far away (I'm 32 now), and my fLat belly shows no nostalgic desire to return to me alas.
    In the course of trying to eat right, I learned it is amazingly easy for Indians to eat right, it gave me a terrific sense of control and power, knowledge of the ability to shape my own body - which is something almost no one ever teaches us till it's too late - but I still struggle with eating on time, with needing a veritable IV line for tea into my bloodstream every waking hour, with getting enough exercise. I'm okay with the slowness of it, and in many ways feel gaining 15 kilos in 3 years and then trying to reset my body has given me insight I would never ever have had if I'd never become "healthy" (North India's code for "fat"). At the same time, I wonder, where's that flat stomach again when I know its worth? Youth is wasted on the young :)
    Long post, but I had to say hello to all you ladies!

Wow .. wonderful and hilarious story. Inspiring too.
  • hindustani24
    hindustani24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am from India and I have gone through all the phases of weight issues. I was around 80 lbs overweight (obese) when I graduated from college and decided to change my lifestyle. In 2007-2008, I was able to loose 80 lbs and was in the best shape. After that I guess I slipped slowly and gained back 60 lbs, so in Dec 13, I decided to do my weight loss journey once again but this time with the help of MFP and fitbit and lots of workout and 1400-1500 calorie plan. Till date (105) days I have lost 42 pounds and I am only 15-16 pounds away from my goal. This time I plan to maintain with all the knowledge I got from MFP.
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread!! Great to see so many desis on MFP :smile:

I've been on MFP for a while, but just started getting serious about a month ago. I've been logging regularly, however the last few weeks were terrible... I'm also doing the C25K program - I have about 3 weeks left, and I hope to run my first 5K when the snow melts.

Feel free to add me... and good luck everyone!!
  • kunalloser
    kunalloser Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, from Mumbai here. Well i was 88.6kgs in Feb & now weigh 84.5kgs the only exercise that i have is swimming.
    Over the months i have improved my stamina & do 400-500mtrs for 6 days a week.
    Found MFP 4 days back & its been great every since, now I know what i am eating & can track my journey better.

Good to find an indian group here, you guys can feel free to add me.
  • BlissfullyActice
    Options
    Hiiii everyone :)
  • dreamydips
    dreamydips Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow...thts amazing. keep it up girl...:smile::smile:
  • ssun387
    ssun387 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    me to strted now want to loose those 10 Kgs would need indian frnds to share things and motivate... add me!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!