Need chocolate suggestions

Options
I always crave chocolate at night. I do great during the day (usually), but after I get home and eat dinner, I crave chocolate. I need suggestions for low calorie chocolate that actually takes away the craving. Pudding and 100 calorie packs just don't do it for me :(

Replies

• mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    My favorite chocolate treat is Fiber one chocolate & oat bars. Maybe a hot chocolate?
  • ileanna
    Options
    Do you like dark chocolate? It's typically lower in calories and fat than milk chocolate, plus it has lots of antioxidants. Also, you could try swiss miss diet hot chocolate. If you add a little milk, but made mostly with water, it's delicious!
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I believe that Milky Way bars are a very low calorie chocolate bar?

Have you tried having a chocolate drink like Options? Most of the time it gives me the chocolate kick I crave without the calories I do NOT crave! lol
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love the no sugar added hot chocolates with some sugar free cool whip...one serving for the whole thing is just 80 calories! I also love sugar free jell-o chocolate pudding, also dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants..but I don't know about that sugar at night time!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some high quality choclates, dark if you like it, that's better. then plan it into your calories. If you want it and can't live without it, then denyingyourself isn't going to work. but if you allowit and plan for it with your calories, you'll be fine. Just be mindful of portions.
  • Lupanara
    Options
    Try 'Sugar Free' or 'No Sugar Added' Chocolates. They actually taste good, but don't over do it or you'll get a lot of gas. I find them in the bulk section at Winco. Good Luck!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe, but one square of Lindt Excellence 85% coca Extra Dark bar does it for me. 56 lovely calories to savor. It's rich so I don't need more than that. And I'm a girl who always said if I need a blood transfusion, make it extra dark because that's what pumps through my veins. A pound of M&Ms in 24 hours. Yea, me, satisfied with one little square. Hope it works for you!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I get godiva bars- go for the good shizz.- dark choc and raspberry I break it into quarters and freeze them in sep. baggies/wrapping. Then when I want chocolate, I just take a quarter (about 50 cals). Idk if this would work for you, but for me, I find I savor my chocolate much more when its 1) dark choc 2) frozen - both require you to take time to eat. Nom nom nom

Other people have done Peanut butter and banana's as a sweet treat- slice a banana in half, layer in some pb, mush together. Then cut the banana in discs and freeze. I bet you could pop some chocolate chips in there if you wanted.
  • mimere
    mimere Posts: 19
    Options
    Dark chocolate is great, 3 musketeers are pretty low in fat, and I LOVE the new sugar free york peppermint patties that are out. They have more chocolate on the bottom layer, and I think three patties are around 120 calories.
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    No sugar added Fudgesicles are my treat some nights. Only 40 calories per pop!
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Freeze a Milybar, it has low calories and takes longer to eat and will help satify you longer... then brush your teeth so u dont feel like snacking
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    No sugar added Fudgesicles are my treat some nights. Only 40 calories per pop!

Mmmmm fudgsicles. I'm gettin some on my way home from work now. Nomnomnom.
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love dark chocolate and can 1-2 lg. squares a day and not gain from it although I don't eat it every day only when I really crave chocolate. If you can't stand the 80% and above try 72% or higher content and you'll still have a great treat such as Ghiradelli's they have a bar out called Twilight and it's yummy not to mention you can google the benefits of dark chocolate within reason of course 1 square 2 if you just really have to. Good luck!

P.S. I'm with you I crave it at night when the day is done and quiet and I'm cuddling with hubby or my kids on the couch hanging out with them!
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    pretzel m&ms are great and for 150 calories seem to get me through my chocolate cravings! :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Natural Oven Roasted Almonds with Dark Chocolate flavor. Yummy.
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Try chocolate covered raisinets, if you like those. Low calories so you can get a handful.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I love the Trader Joe's 100 calorie milk chocolate bars. They are high quality chocolate and are actually decent sized. They have a delicious, slightly nutty flavor and are very smooth an creamy.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    2 things do it for me. Weight Watcher's English Toffee ice cream bars (1 bar 100 calories) and Ghiradelli 60% dark chocolate chips. 8 chips are 40 calories and if you let them melt in your mouth one at a time, it takes away the cravings. I had to train my taste buds to like dark chocolate.
  • stephijames
    stephijames Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone regarding dark chocolate ---- two small squares satisfy my chocolate cravings and the calories are low.

http://www.greenandblacks.com/us/our-chocolates/bars/dark-70.html
  • pfrusha
    Options
    :happy: Mix one box of Pillsbury Sugar Free Devil's Food cake mix with 1 can of solid pack pumpkin. Put into a 11 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. You may need to dip your spatula in water to get it to spread but do not add any water or anything to the mix! Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. If you cut it into 25 squares they are only 65 calories each. You can top it with some fat free cool whip for only another 15 calories!

You can also use the Pillsbury Sugar Free Cake mixes to make an awesome cake. Bake it using the low cholesterol method shown on the box (egg beaters or egg whites) but instead of oil us unsweetened apple sauce. Ice the the cake with Pillsbury Sugar Free frosting. But don't use the entire container (the cake is 12 servings but the frosting is 14 servings!). Sometimes I will bake both rounds but put one in the freezer. Take the other and cut it in half. Frost one half then put the other on top and frost the entire cake. Now you've made half a yummy cake and there isn't so much left over to "call out to you"! Or make cupcakes, don't frost them, freeze them and use them individually! :laugh: