I Want to LOSE My Muscle

Options
124»

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    It baffles me what women worry about sometimes.

It's the big picture that counts... We are not walking around going OH MY GOD, look at her calves....don't think I could date her.

TRUST me.

Maybe our goals aren't all about what would make YOU want to date us?
    I already pointed that out, but some people cannot seem to wrap their heads around this fact.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Yeah if I had huge calf muscles I'd want to lose them too...

19313071_8149.jpg

Oh wait... no I wouldn't.

Wish mine was like that, minus the high heels tbh
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options

It's the big picture that counts... We are not walking around going OH MY GOD, look at her calves....don't think I could date her.

TRUST me.

I have a friend who judges a woman's dateability by their feet. He looks at sandaled feet in the summer because he says that any woman can get a manicure, but a pedicure "truly" shows a woman who cares about her body. He's also freaked out if the second toe is longer than the big toe. And yes, he's completely serious. I like him as a friend, but I truly don't understand why anyone dates him. :laugh:
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options

TRUST me.

Rofl, this is so right. We're also not going around saying "Damn she's fine, but seriously, what do you think scale says?".
  • eugovogue
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies you all. When I made this post I seriously wasn't fishing for compliments. I just wanted to know if anyone could relate or had tips on how to lengthen them or lean them out. Perhaps because this is a fitness community there is bias here towards muscle, but out on the real world I seriously do get negative or baffled comments about my legs, and was letting that seep into my attitude towards myself.
    It's all inner work like some have said--learning to love myself and all that. In the meantime I will continue my regimen and see if shrinkage starts to occur.

Thanks again!
  • rpsetser
    Options
    You say you have big calves. My question would be, big compared to what? Looking at your pics, they look very proportionate, and don't really seem all that big. Maybe it's just something that you've worked up in your mind, and now that's become your main focus. Just an outsider's opinion, but they look fine to me. Good Luck.
  • Otrogen
    Options
    I, too, have big calves. Of course, I have a lot of weight left to lose, so I've stopped myself from frowning over them just yet. It's very odd, because I have 3 sisters and none of them, whether they've been skinny or fat, have ever had calves as large as mine, nor does my mother. Frustrating D:<! But honestly, the only thing that ever helped shrink mine majorly was taking up long, slow running, going for endurance instead of speed. And it didn't help much. Though I do generally recommend it because I think it's very underappreciated as a form of slimming down your body in general and having a superb *kitten*.

I totally feel you on being a short girl with big calves. I feel like a Goron from one of those Zelda games most days. But trust me, yours don't look that big. You have a strong look overall, so they're proportional. And muscular legs do help -- I'm the only girl I know who at 5'2" can weigh 220 lbs and have people shoot me odd looks and give me confused compliments about how I can actually pull off wearing skinny jeans at my size xD. Of course, I have to find the ones that cling to the entire lower leg, because most cling at the calf and are loose toward the ankle and those just make my legs look chunky :/.

Good luck finding the right fit for your own skinnies, but do be aware that you're beautiful and your proportions are great.
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue.

Are your calf's solid? Meaning when you sit down no tension in your calf's does the muscle wobble/jiggle.
    Mine used to be about 15" they were rock solid turned out I had something wrong with my feet and my calf's were compensating once I got orthodics and started a stretching routine my calf's are down to 13"an I can wear boots again
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I think your legs look lovely, and your calves fit your legs very well! I have big hamstrings and really tiny calves and that looks much stranger, lol! I don't know why my calves are tiny, because most of my muscles are pretty big for a girl naturally. Just genetics, I guess! Dad's side has chicken legs and mom's side has linebackers, and I got parts of both :D:D

But you could watch lifts that use your calves a lot. When you work out your legs, check and see whether your calves are taking over. You might even add isolation lifts for your other leg muscles and leave out the calves that way. Your choice :) But not changing a thing sounds like a plan, too, given how nice you look :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yeah if I had huge calf muscles I'd want to lose them too...

19313071_8149.jpg

Oh wait... no I wouldn't.

Wish mine was like that, minus the high heels tbh

Those are barefoot shoes... Vibrams. Lol. No heels.
  • gallowglasslass
    gallowglasslass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for boots that will fit, try http://www.duoboots.com/ (in the US http://www.duoboots.com/us/). They carry boots in calf sizes from 30-50 cm (about 11.75" to 19.625"). You choose both your shoe size and your calf width when ordering.