Snacks for the evening

Options

Replies

• jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you don't like your own popcorn, try the nearly naked variety of popcornopolis popcorn. Costco has it in gigantic bags and tins.
    http://reviews.costco.com/2070/100018590/popcornopolis-popcornopolis-nearly-naked-3-5-gallon-tin-reviews/reviews.htm

I went to the website and got the message that this product is no longer available. Maybe it's just for online orders, hopefully, since it sounds wonderful.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Carrots and hummus
    Brown bag popcorn- brown lunch bag with popcorn kernels, pop it then add either spray olive oil/butter ( I bought a spray bottle I could add whatever I want) and then add salt or my husband likes a sprinkle on flavor he gets from the store.
    Dark chocolate
  • sugar free hot cocoa made with almond or soy milk
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I snack on celery. it's crunchy, so it tells my mouth and brain that I'm getting my nom on. sometimes, when I have calories available, I'll have almonds, too.

These are both my go to foods. Celery .. I eat a lot. Almonds on occasion, mostly when I need some calories to make my daily limit.
  • mandikerr
    mandikerr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Raw, unsalted almonds.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Air popped or oil popped popcorn (oil popped is still better then microwave IMO)

Raw veggies with hummus

Peanuts in the shell so it takes longer to eat them and keeps your hands busy

Pistachios in shell

In-Shell Edamame

Sliced radishes have crunch and spice

Roasted Chick Peas (Garbanzo beans) You can flavor them with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, ranch seasoning, etc.

Homemade Kale Chips
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and whipped cream.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon or Cocoa roasted almonds are my favorite!
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a bowl of homemade soup(cooked in batches and frozen, to be reheated in the microwave) with a slice of bread about 10 pm. I also try to keep some calories spare for the small hours since I know I'll get hungry again around 1-2AM and just grab the first thing i can see!
  • valuq
    valuq Posts: 5
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO TRY VEGETABLE CHIPS!! THEY ARE SO GOOD AND THE GREEN BEANS ARE SURPRISINGLY SWEET :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Oh, and tonight I'm having seasoned seaweed. Not the little tiny packs from Trader Joes. I buy BIG packs at the Asian market and then cut it up as I need it.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Orville Redenbacher makes a single-serving, low fat microwave popcorn that is 100 calories and very satisfying for a snack.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO TRY VEGETABLE CHIPS!! THEY ARE SO GOOD AND THE GREEN BEANS ARE SURPRISINGLY SWEET :)

where do you get yours? I made some zucchini chips this summer and it was NOT worth the time and effort that went into them. what kind do you do and how please?
  • swoodco
    swoodco Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Clementines - about 100 calories for three decent sized (~230g) clementines.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

where do you get yours? I made some zucchini chips this summer and it was NOT worth the time and effort that went into them. what kind do you do and how please?

and the pre-made ones i have seen are always way high in calories and fat because they're cooked in oil. no better than potato chips.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    roasted chickpeas
  • jerber160
    Options
    i just had 80cal coconut yogurt, jello, an apple and almond milk. STILL HUNGRY.. but I WILL NOT eat oil popped pop corn. I WON"T...I have 240ish calories left before i hit 1400 and I WON'T. no rice cakes with peanut butter. maybe a glazed apricot and some more milk??? gaaaaaaa or coffee?? HELP
  • jerber160
    Options
    I even bought a mandolin to make them with. OYE
  • mohdghosh
    Options
    OPTION 1

1 yogurt cup (skimmed)
    1 Apple (100 grams or medium apple)
    Almonds (10 grams or 10 almonds)
    Pinch of cinnamon

Cut the apple in small cubes, slices ( the way you prefer it) and mix all together.
    You can add diet sugar if you like ( but cinnamon will do it's sweet job).

OPTION 2

Replace french fries with Turnip (Low carb, low fat fries) ( it is baked )

Youtube>>> How To Make LOW CARB French Fries (Fat Free).

Hope you'll like it !!!
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You can buy theses in produce section of Walmart ,but I thought they are a bit high in fat and calories.

I snack on dried apple chips which you can find also at Walmart they come prepackaged in 40 calorie bags.