What lifting does for me... What does it for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Awesome.

:drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :love: :flowerforyou:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    great job. can you start lifting without a gym membership?

You can, but it will mostly be body weight stuff unless you have the $$$ to buy a squat rack and weights! (I can't afford that unfortunately.) just google some home strength training plans, I'm sure you will find something.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I have the same love for lifting and only started a year ago, too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    great job. can you start lifting without a gym membership?

Look into Convict Conditioning or You Are Your Own Gym - they are solid body weight programs
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome...had me afraid just looking at the pic :wink:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome...had me afraid just looking at the pic :wink:

lol! I get many comments like this... But I always say the strength stays at the barbell :drinker: Of course unless I need to use it, like moving my behemoth dresser or packing two toddlers because they're whiny and tired.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done!
  • teaparty75
    Options
    You are a lifting goddess. That's an awesome outcome for your first meet, too! I couldn't help but laugh when reading, "Swole for life!" :laugh:

But lifting has empowered me as well. I used to be underweight as a kid and was unable to play football and other sports. Because of the increased lean mass from lifting and eating properly, I'm now capable of doing amazing feats that I wouldn't have thought were possible back then.

Ah shucks, thanks! :blushing: And I occasionally have to get in touch with my bro side, maybe I just like watching Dom Mozetti at brosciencelife on youtube a little too much. hmm...

And freakin awesome work yourself! I actually intend on gaining about 15 pounds of lean mass in the next few years. take that stereo types!
    DOM MOZETTI cracks me up !!! Cheri - you know you've provided me with some super inspiration and vision , i'm no longer stressin about "what i'll look like and how long its gonna take" i'm just riding the high and enjoying becoming this stronger version of myself !! THANKS a million !!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hi old friend! i remember when we were buds...and i just want to say: YOU INSPIRE ME!!!!!!!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Your lifting numbers are incredible! So jealous.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Sam_puckett_-_awkward.gif
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Uh. You're are awesome.

enthusiasm.gif
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    or packing two toddlers because they're whiny and tired.

Ha!! THIS is how I first realized how much stronger I am getting due to lifting, being able to carry my two boys without the same struggle as before!! I love lifting for the way it makes me feel, and being able to use it in "real life" is just the sprinkles on top!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!