Replies

• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Usually with my mouth.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat what I like, but in moderation. Instead of ice cream, no sugar added frozen yogurt. Chicken, filet migon, salmon for dinner. I try to buy organics when I can, but if its not a Reasors I dont get it. LOL, oatmeal, cheese, chocolate(my weakness), eggs, sausage, bacon, soups, tuna, etc. I also love Velveeta and Rotel. I dont starve and am reaching my goals. My kids make it tough, but I watch my portions and snack reasonably. Yogurts, almonds, etc.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I eat with toothpicks. Like Rain Man.

Sorry, love your avatar.

Oh! Thank you...:blushing:
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only food I don't like is fish. I just dont care for it. I do like most shellfish. Crab, lobster, shrimp, scallops.. all YUM! I do like tuna but only eat it occasionally. I don't eat fast food too often because my stomach doesnt tolerate it very well. I do use butter almost daily.

Love fruits and veggies, all meats, cheese, pastas. I choose not to eat bread very often #1 because I like it A LOT and #2 I would rather use my calories elsewhere.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mwzhicKebM1s4zits.gif

Like this.. unfortunately..

but to answer your actual question... it's easier ad quicker to say what I try to avoid. which is fried foods, food with a lot of additives and things i'm allergic too.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want to eat that fits into my calorie budget. My diet generally consists mainly of veggies, fruit, dairy, and protein with somewhat limited carbs/starches, such as: bread, pasta, and rice, for the simple fact that they don't fuel my body well and often don't fit into my budget, anyway. I typically don't eat pork, because I was raised on a kosher-type diet (but I wasn't Jewish) and prefer not to eat it most of the time. I generally only like pork in the form of cured meats. I eat a lot of other "unclean meats" (biblically speaking), like: crab, shrimp, oysters/mussels, and lobster. Yum! I prefer not to eat hydrogenated oils or artificial sweeteners, but still do sometimes. So, no real rules for me, but I think I eat reasonably healthy, without being insane about it.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Nothing's off limits, but almost all of my eating involves:
    1. Salads (lettuce, homemade dressing (olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika), and either canned tongol tuna (no salt added) or canned chicken)
    2. Fresh produce (most frequently in addition to the lettuce: bananas, grapes, onions, potatoes, cabbage)
    3. Canned/frozen produce (frozen broccoli/green beans/Brussels sprouts, canned garbanzos/pineapple/crushed tomatoes)
    4. Other protein sources (cheddar, unsalted peanuts, Greek yogurt)
    5. High-fiber carbs (e.g., crispbread, manna bread)
    6. Black coffee and tea (tea these days means Guayaki mate)

I don't keep red meat in the house for me, but I occasionally eat it at a restaurant.
    Within the past year, I can count the number of times I've had cake or cookies or chocolate on the fingers of one hand.

I do very little cooking; when I do I use the microwave almost exclusively.
    When I'm on the road, I carry my food in a small cooler. Usually this means crispbread, canned chicken, and fruit. Usually I have a large salad before I leave the house.

The fruits are my desserts and snack foods. I typically have two cups of grapes after my evening workouts.
    I treat high-fat foods as controlled substances and rarely exceed 2 oz. of cheddar or 1/2 cup of peanuts in a day.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I was reading some different cooking blogs and thinking about the rules each blogger uses when choosing and preparing foods for themselves and their family. Some people have food sensitivities or allergies, some are vegetarian/vegan, some are following a "paleo" style diet, some advocate Weston Price and eating lots of animal fats, some only eat raw foods, some only eat organic, some only local, some only what they can grow themselves.

I'm curious how other people on MFP eat. For example, I'm omnivorous but I very, very rarely pork (about twice a year and usually accidentally,) mainly for cultural reasons as my family is mostly Jewish. I only eat eggs and chicken from free-range birds, dairy, beef and lamb from grass-fed, humanely-treated animals, and fish that is caught sustainably. I can't do these things 100% of the time, but I shoot for 95%. Most of my produce is local and organic. I do indulge in the occasional fast-food burger, burrito, or pizza slice, but as often as I can I prepare my own food. I eat a lot of butter and very little white flour, and I try to eat something fermented with every meal.

I'm experimenting with IIFYM and TDEE right now. Currently trying to get my weight to stabilize and have really upped calories (now over 2,200 a day). Hit a new low again last week though, so it may be time to get some blood work done :grumble:

As for what I eat-I eat the foods I enjoy and don't make myself eat stuff I don't like. This means fast food 3-4 times a week, lots of salads (buried in croutons and ranch dressing lol), eggs, pork and beef, mushrooms, beans, diet soda, cookies, Culver's ice cream, oatmeal, veggies, and a few other miscellaneous things. I don't care for most fruit so I don't eat a lot of it, as well as things like chicken and fish.
  • JeanDescole
    Options
    I love coffee so I could never give that up, apart from that I mainly try to stay in my macros whilst getting in my five a day. I don't really have that much to say since my eating habits change vastly every day.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I avoid cucumbers, raw onion, crappy beer, and cheap cuts of steak.

Everything else is fair game.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Sometimes with a fork. Sometimes with my hands or a spoon.

*Damn it. Someone already made this joke on page one.

But really I just eat food that I like, that I can afford, that fit into my macros and the time I have or want to take to prepare it, and that have relative overall nutritional benefit.
  • harshman18
    Options
    with politeness well
    i hope so anyways..........lol.........
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I like, as long as it's within calorie range. I do try to balance things (Carbs, proteins, fats, etc) and I try to avoid processed when I can and avoid fast food but really, I don't have strict rules. If I want some chocolate, I eat it. I just log it.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. A white chocolate covered pretzel enthusiast. Lover of desserts and veggies and my staples include Greek yogurt, Ezekiel bread, spinach, ranch dressing, and almonds. Tortellini is also a completely necessary and delicious part of my diet. Swiss cheese and sharp provolone is also a must.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat cheaply.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Usually with my mouth.

Just your mouth? :angry:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Currently eating a low-carb diet :) I'm sensitive to gluten and lactose intolerant, and my fiance is allergic to shellfish so I don't partake to avoid cross-contamination (was never a big fan of shellfish anyway so no big deal). He's lactose intolerant too so that at least makes it easy to cook for us both!

I have some weird foods that I love like spam, sardines and kippers. Also, I love dark chocolate and fruit (though I can't eat those right now... someday we will meet again and it will be glorious)
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. A white chocolate covered pretzel enthusiast. Lover of desserts and veggies and my staples include Greek yogurt, Ezekiel bread, spinach, ranch dressing, and almonds. Tortellini is also a completely necessary and delicious part of my diet. Swiss cheese and sharp provolone is also a must.

I've never had Ezekiel bread but I've considered trying it because I like to include sprouted grains whenever possible. Is the taste like "regular" bread, or is it very different?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I avoid crappy beer,

Second this as well.. all other beer is fair game.
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    Currently eating a low-carb diet :) I'm sensitive to gluten and lactose intolerant, and my fiance is allergic to shellfish so I don't partake to avoid cross-contamination (was never a big fan of shellfish anyway so no big deal). He's lactose intolerant too so that at least makes it easy to cook for us both!

I have some weird foods that I love like spam, sardines and kippers. Also, I love dark chocolate and fruit (though I can't eat those right now... someday we will meet again and it will be glorious)

I like to buy a bark of very dark (80% or 90%) dark chocolate and have a square or two per day. They're fairly low-carb (for chocolate, anyway) and feel very decadent, so 1 square that's about 50 calories is almost as good a dessert to me as a serving of ice cream (which can be 200-250 calories.)

Sardines are great and I feel like more people should try them. They're such as easy way to add protein and good fats to a meal.