Do they make any high fiber no sugar instant oatmeal?

Options
2»

Replies

• fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Um yeah - its called plain rolled oats out of the bulk bins, no additives.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    There's been a lot of talk about oats in a jar, too. Before you end your day, try throwing some old fashioned oats into a jar/container with whatever you like, i.e., yogurt, applesauce, etc., and put it into the fridge. Then pop it into your purse on the way out the door to work.

I have a large family, so I put my oats and water into a small crockpot before bed with all sorts of good stuff, i.e, ground flax, cinnamon, raisins, brown sugar, etc. One morning I woke up and it was all gone! It's really yummy.
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do a combo of 1/4 C old fashioned and 1/2 C oat bran. I put them in a bowl and with my electric tea kettle I pour boiling water into the bowl just above oats and cover with a plate for a few minutes. It comes out perfect every time!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats are ready in two minutes in the microwave, and they're way cheaper than instant. I can get them for less than $2 a pound at one of my local grocery stores. I like to add cinnamon, unsweetened applesauce, and slivered almonds to mine.
  • kodimoore
    kodimoore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thats what i eat too!...its pretty amazing.:smile::smile: