How do you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• vvvalentines
    Options
    I avoid crappy beer,

Second this as well.. all other beer is fair game.

Recent definitely-worth-it calorie splurge: Ommegang's "Take the Black Stout." It's a licensed Game of Thrones Beer, but it's also really, really good beer by a good brewery. Pours pitch-black with a good head and tastes smooth and just a little chocolatey.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    During the week I do pretty well. I try to stay away from breads, eat more veggies and lean protien. However I have to have my coffee with creamer! Then with the weekend try and stay under my calories but eat a little pizza and maybe some ice cream.

I'm pretty lucky, because I don't have any food allergies and can pretty much eat what I want (if I want).
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    With a fork and knife, sometimes with a spoon
  • Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat with my mouth.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the chew-then-swallow method.

Sounds about right
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Lots of:

1) beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, seafood, lamb, duck (all cuts, lean and fatty) and eggs (whole)
    2) full fat cheese, high fat Greek yogurt, heavy cream, creme fraiche, sour cream, marscarpone
    3) above ground vegetables (kale, collard greens, cauliflower, broccoli, rapini, bell pepper, cucumber, celery, fennel, lettuce, Brussels sprouts, green beans, tomato, egg plant, zucchini, asparagus, etc)
    4) garlic, leek, onions, shallots
    5) butter, lard, ghee, extra virgin olive oil, duck fat
    6) fresh herbs (basil, parsley, etc), and lemon
    7) nuts and seeds
    8) coffee, espresso, tea
    9) dark chocolate
    10) red wine

Minor portions of:

1) fruit
    2) root vegetable (carrot, beet, potato, etc)

No or very rare:

1) grains, flours, bread, pasta
    2) legumes
    3) sugar, honey, maple syrup
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to eating nutrient rich food that gives the body what it needs. This is what I am trying to do:

Breakfast:
    lemon water
    green smoothie (Mine is 1 cup water, 2 cups baby spinach and baby kale or other greens, 1/2 banana, 1/3 cup blueberries, I also add 1/3 cup fage yogurt or 1 tbl peanutbutter for protein-I don't like protein powders, a few mint leaves, cilantro leaves, a tiny bit of ginger)
    2 boiled eggs with salt, pepper, paprika, and a little extra virgin olive oil

Snack:
    1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds or other nuts

Lunch:
    lean chicken or fish
    lots of veggies (especially green)

Snack
    1 gala apple or other fruits/veggies

Dinner
    lean chicken of fish
    lots of veggies (especially green)
    sweet potato

LOTS of water, add lemon, cucumber, mint if you want

After dinner "tea":
    1/4 lemon juice
    few mint leaves
    few cilantro leaves
    tiny bit of fresh ginger
    add boiling hot water, drink after a few minutes

Some form of activity as often as possible every day. (cardio 3x, strength 3x, walking whenever possible)

Medjool dates for any sweet cravings. Mixing up the fruit and veggies so there is tons of variety. A high quality multi-vitamin might be worth adding as well.

The idea for me is to work towards a healthier lifestyle that involves foods that nourishes the body with vitamins and minerals, not just empty calories.

I don't consume pork or alcohol. Red meat very rarely. Sometimes but not too often (once a week or every 2 weeks: basmati rice potatoes, whole wheat bread, cheese, coffee, oatmeal)
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    I love steak and potatoes and everything in between. As long as it's within my cals I'm good to go :wink:
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. A white chocolate covered pretzel enthusiast. Lover of desserts and veggies and my staples include Greek yogurt, Ezekiel bread, spinach, ranch dressing, and almonds. Tortellini is also a completely necessary and delicious part of my diet. Swiss cheese and sharp provolone is also a must.

I've never had Ezekiel bread but I've considered trying it because I like to include sprouted grains whenever possible. Is the taste like "regular" bread, or is it very different?
    Ah man, its great! I'm a hearty bread kind of person and that's just what it is. Its reminiscent if a very hearty wheat bread, but it includes many more grains
  • tgrey4
    tgrey4 Posts: 56
    Options
    Sorry to revive a thread so old, but it seems cool. More people should answer!! (Honestly!)

I try to eat to mostly "paleo" principles because it's impossible to actually eat paleo, in my opinion. This means my diet is founded in vegetables and leaner proteins. I am not as big a fan of eggs and bacon as every advanced paleo eater is, or even avocado -- too fatty and easy to overeat! I do not eat gluten/wheat, and avoid grains and starches and legumes. I get protein and fiber from my meats and seafood and vegetables and fruits! I love nuts and seeds. Also, being from the midwest, I can't help but have a special place for cheese in my heart. As much as I'd love to stay away, the goat cheese/sharp cheddar/feta cheese/smoked cheddar/parmesan/ricotta will always be calling (though I do not drink milk; I opt for almond, unsweetened!).

TL;DR: light on carbs and grains, big fan of cheese and vegetables and proteins, and everything as "clean" and natural as possible.