what help you most to lose weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Can you go swimming? Perfect exercise.

Can you say what you mean about not losing weight through calorie deficit?
  • fatladygoingslim
    Options
    @ kimbernada and cammygirl really nice suggestion. I enjoy home DVDs but now I think I am afraid if it hurt me or not. I am on my heaviest weight in my whole life. I can't lose weight by calorie deficit l only hope and I pray I could but I can't. so I need a good workout to help me lose weight.

I miss one word "only" I mean I cant lose weight ONLY by calorie deficient, some people lose weight by just monitoring their meals but not in my case I count my calories but I need a solid workout too. By the way I am trying power yoga to get toned , I hope I will make the scale move in my favor too. Power yoga also help me to get strength. Then I will move to 30days shred for sure.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit. Not restricting what I was eating and portioning. Buying a digital food scale. Being 100% honest with my intake.
  • keltoi93
    keltoi93 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What helped me lose most of my weight? In a word, water. Replace all liquids with water, you'd be surprised the effect it'll have!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    food scale and measuring cups

oh and avoid all caloric/sugar drinks (except for alcohol)
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Working out will tone you up and overall increase your fitness and health. For losing weight though, diet's definitely the key.

I now plan most if not all of my eating a day in advance. If I know I'm going out, I'll leave a bunch of calories in there to work around that as well. Planning ahead in MFP and then measuring the food that I make has been the most important aspects for me so far. Cooking has been really helpful in making lower calorie dishes that are similar to high calorie restaurant foods I enjoy most. Although I still eat those things on occasion, I've found a lot of substitutes for my day-to-day life.
  • indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Drinking water, consistent exercise program and most important--nutrition. You can't out run, walk or bike everday bad food choices.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Anytime you eat a carb have a protein and a veggie with it to keep your blood sugar stable then you will still lose weight. You tube has the Food Lovers Fat Loss system info I think its by Dr Robert Ferguson it shows you how to pair foods so that you can eat and feel full and still lose weight. I still try to keep within my calorie goals on here though too. Increase the amount of water you drink, water helps alot with metabolism and also will make you feel more full. Have a glass of water with every meal if you can. For myself since I tend to crave carbs at breakfast time and I am usually really busy that time of day. I have replaced my breakfast only with a protein shake and I eat a normal lunch and dinner. I have also added Matcha Green Tea to my protein shakes that seems to help alot with metabolism. weights has helped me a ton, if your knees are bad maybe you can do weights sitting or lying down. Or try the shake weights even some people really like those. I really like kettlebells but would depend on how well your knees handled that if you have knee issues. I know myself I really enjoy the Billy Blanks JR workouts....he cracks you up alot so it doesn't seem like you are sweating your butt off so bad. I really like the Kendall Hogan Resculpt workout and also Jari Love workouts as well. Jari Love ones are a bit more hardcore. You could probably do the Total Resculpt one if you did the upper body portion of it if your knee was bugging you that one is a great workout though if you can handle the whole workout I have visibly seen it shave some off the sides of my legs. Madonna Grimes has an awesome Ab workout if you go on her personal website theres one called Sexy Fit Abs or something like that that one is prob the best ab workout I have done is a really good one.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Being as precise as possible in estimating my intake and burn and being consistent in hitting the net calorie goals MFP gave me per my inputs.