From 183 to my goal weight of 120

Options
So I reached my goal weight at the end of September. (Right on the day of my birthday actually, haha!) & decided to post my "success story", so here it is..

I was super thin all my life until I turned 18, then I gained tons of weight and went from 122 lbs up to 177 lbs. I had no idea how to lose weight so I decided to count calories & didn't realize how many I should get. I was only eating between 900 - 1100 calories a day then I started getting obsessed and only ate 200 - 800 a day. I lost tons of weight really fast & I was super unhealthy. I'd faint a lot and had no energy. I also threw up a lot out of hunger but nothing would come up except water and bile cause I hardly ate. I started fearing food too and yeah, it got bad. I ended up getting pregnant about a year after this first started though and that got me back to normal. I started eating properly and eventually food was no concern again. I had a normal healthy pregnancy and all that but I went back to gaining tons because of it.

I got all the way up to 183 pounds before I decided to do anything this time and I didn't want to do it the way I had before cause that was awful. I found this site last November when I was looking for ways to go about losing weight in a more healthy way. At first it was just so I'd look better and wasn't too worried about health or working out. I didn't realize how much better you feel if you exercise and eat better. I had horrible hip pain all the time and it was even keeping me up at night. I decided to start doing cardio and some sort of strength training to help with burning extra calories. I got a treadmill and started doing Pilates & calisthenics at home. At first I hated it but it started to become more of a hobby & I slowly started to love it. Also my hip pain went away completely after the first few weeks & never came back again!

I also started educating myself about nutrition and how different foods affect your body and got more and more into the health aspect of weight loss rather than doing it out of vanity. I can't ever imagine going back to how I used to eat before or to life without exercise. I reached my goal weight of 120 about two and a half months ago & I look and feel way better at 120 this time around than I did back when I was 120 how ever many years ago and not living in a healthy way.

So yeah.. I'm 5'5" & went from an obese weight of 183 lbs to a normal weight of 120 lbs in just under 12 months. I have more pics in my profile too & if anyone wants to add me, feel free to! I still log here all the time to maintain. :bigsmile:

jlkll_zps5800a9db.png

klklkl_zps1196605a.png

Replies

• Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love seeing success stories where people start where I am/have been and end up where I want to be! I'm so glad you did it the right way this time, too. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Congrats :-)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    great job you look fabulous.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your weight loss!!!!!!
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Amazing job, it's people like you that make me keep at it this time. One day... one day.. I hope to be saying the same thing....
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You look amazing & I see you like Blogilates. I have done a few of her workouts - they're tough! Just got the new T25, so will be doing that as soon as it arrives. Sending you a FR, you are very inspirational:)
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!! :bigsmile:
  • nerge
    nerge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    amazing work!! I'd love to get to 120 - struggling to move a bit - stories like these are so inspiring though! I hope that's me posting a success story in the near future!!
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job this time around!! Lookin amazing!!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story and results! Your post reminded me of my old hip pain, I had forgot all about it until just now. Congrats!:drinker:
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Thanks! xD

@acogg It's crazy how much your body changes when you work at getting healthy hey?!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing!! did you have anything particular in sticking to your diet a certain way or just certain principles you stuck to to lose that much in 12 months? so amazing.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    congrats on ur success
    do u suffer from pcos?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome success! Thanks for sharing your story and for sticking around to maintain and support others. :flowerforyou:
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    wow! amazing!! did you have anything particular in sticking to your diet a certain way or just certain principles you stuck to to lose that much in 12 months? so amazing.
    Thanks!! Umm, I was just really determined to lose the weight.. I don't know if I quite understand what you're asking sorry. :/
  • ronnio_ron
    Options
    Super ...great going
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    congrats on ur success
    do u suffer from pcos?
    Thanks! No, I got pregnant twice, by accident both times. My second pregnancy was only 2 months after the first so my kids are only 11 months apart. I went through with both pregnancies and have a 2 year old and 3 year old now. The reason I gained tons of weight after being pregnant was just cause I became a stay at home mom and didn't move around enough and ate A LOT. I ate out of boredom mostly and ate super unhealthy foods so I just kept gaining cause of that. It was completely my own fault. :frown:
  • cherryberryred0
    cherryberryred0 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done to u :)
  • Tish
    Tish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing success well done.I'm going to add you as when I started to lose weight I was exactly 183 after having a baby too and I'm 5,5 too I would absolutely love to get down to 120 that would be amazing. Thanks for posting your story, I realize it is possible!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!