88 pounds later...New Knees At Last

Options
13»

Replies

• pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sue, you are indeed an inspiration to so many of what can be accomplished when determined. May the good Lord bless you with granting you your desire for a good recovery and new found freedom!!! : )
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you and will look forward to hear how you are doing after. You are very strong and brave. Best wishes.
  • lebafit
    lebafit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amazing! All the best in your surgery and recovery.
  • myhoneyrose
    Options
    I am so happy for you! It will be a challenge but one I know you will overcome. You are a special woman and the way you have worked to get the weight off tells me you can do anything you set your mind to. All of us will be prayiing for you and pulling for those first steps. I am glad I came across your blog those many months ago. You are truely a wonderful woman and you are still making me smile! :smile:
  • Lornamcs
    Options
    Your on an amazing life changing journey. Best of luck for your surgery and a speedy recovery. Yours is a truly inspiring story.
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So excited for you my friend! I bet you you feel like a kid right before Christmas morning! lol! I continue to pray that this surgery will go smoothly and with not complications and that you have a speedy recovery.

You have been such a tremendous support and encouragement to me here on MFP my sister and I cherish our relationship! :happy:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Six days to go, and I woke up this morning with a real sense of 'why I need this surgery'. With the increasingly cold weather, I feel the osteoarthritis in my joints even more than usual. Both my knees are really aching today, and the pain in my right knee is going down my shin as well.

At first, I just sat down on the sofa with my dog Bailey. I was rubbing her belly with one hand and rubbing my right knee with the other hand, when it occurred to me, "My new titanium knees will never feel this pain." Yes, I will be in quite a bit of pain for a while, as my old joints and bones adjust and become bonded to those 'bionic knees'; but in the future, I will lose that temporary pain and be able to stand and walk again without the help of a wheelchair or walker.

For the past month, I have not been able to go to the gym and swim laps. I miss that activity so very much; but my surgeon asked me to avoid that kind of public setting, until later. I can't afford to pick up a germ or athlete's foot with my surgery so close. Even a simple cold would cancel my surgery. So...for today, I will stay indoors and rub my aching knees for a while, until they hurt a little less. Then, I will take my shower and bundle up in sweat clothes for another chilly day.

I hope that all of you get your Christmas wishes answered this year. If nothing else, I know that 2014 will be blessed for many of you, as you continue to lose pounds and head toward a healthier...brighter, new life. :smile:
  • PB91765
    PB91765 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job! Sending positive energy and prayers to you for your surgery and quick recovery. :flowerforyou:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You deserve this.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I've had friends and family members who've had knees (and hips) replaced. It's not necessarily easy (though none of them dropped a bunch of weight as you did, so I'm sure that puts you in a better position). But in all cases, they found it was a better alternative than continuing with the pain and limited mobility they were living with. I hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • spring423
    Options
    Fantastic news! Hope evrything goes well next week and cheers to a happy & healthy 2014!!!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great job! Wishing you a speedy recovery :)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I wish you the happiest, healthiest, most wonderful version of you. I enjoy reading your posts and blogs and am so excited that this next STEP in your life's journey is so close. May you and Ed have the most blissful holiday season and new year. Congratulations!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO - GREAT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!