Exercising during Christmas

Options

Replies

• vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Why would you stop?
    This. Why wouldn't you stick to your routine?
    Absolutely. Besides, I have my eye on a piece of chocol......erm....on reaching some fitness and weight loss goals by the end of the month. That keeps me focused. And I will still have good times, too. No Scroogey gym rats or couch fluffs in my house.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    This will be my 1st Christmas 'on track' but I have a walk planned on Xmas Eve with my Dad and have mapped a 5k route back at my Folks (where I'm spending Christmas) for a run on Xmas morning. I have also entered a 5k New Years Eve night run so will be behaving myself until at least 9pm on NYE!

This is in part to keep me focussed on making sensible (if not healthy!) decisions and in part becaus ethese days I find just sitting in an overheated house drives me stir-crazy.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, how many men continue their regular exercise program during the Christmas season and how many women? :huh:

I plan to be at the gym up to 5 days a week during the holiday season. I am participating in not one, but TWO challenges at my gym. One is called "santa slimdown" and the goal is to maintain, or continue losing weight during the holiday season instead of gaining weight. The other is called the "december 600" , and the goal is to exercise ( at the gym) at least 600 minutes in December. Despite a snow day and a death in the family, I am at 330 minutes so far, and on track to hit at least 600 for the month. At 1200 or 1400, you get entered into a drawing for a tablet computer.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm going out of town to visit my in-laws the week between Christmas and New Years, but the YMCA in their town will honor my local membership, so I can still keep to my normal exercise regime.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    continues mine all year ..christmas or "holidays" is no reason to stop
  • Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just checking the thread looking for all the "regular people"
  • dcyr009
    Options
    I stick to my routine of running 3 miles a day. It's built into me like brushing my teath. I've been doing this for 2 years.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I will exercise, but not my usualy routine. I will be away for 2 weeks, so no gym. But, I plan on being really active with the kids - hiking, walking, etc.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    Well with me I am going to try my best to keep it up to the best of my ability
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'll be spending Christmas in a small town so I won't have access to a gym with barbells for my current routine. So no, I won't be able to continue my workout over the holiday.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I still do my normal exercise routine, and now because I will be eating more.
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Doing all that I can to stay on track!

34277608.png
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I only have Christmas Day and Boxing Day off this year so I'll be making use of the extremely quiet office gym when everyone else is on holiday.

But my father is staying with me for the holidays and I only see him for once a year at most so NO I will not be bailing on him to spend hours in the gym. Family is important.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Just checking the thread looking for all the "regular people"

I put it down to fibre.....
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    In for Christmas exercise!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I hope to do more as not working for 10 days!

Me too! As a teacher, I am off work for SIXTEEN days (including weekends) so I better do more!
  • wiserebel
    wiserebel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'll be taking Christmas day off but that's about it
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    My gym is open 24/7/365. We have a holiday lifting group (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years) and every time the turnout gets bigger than before.

No reason not to stay on track.
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    I live in China, no such thing as a christmas holiday season, i only get christmas day off and i will be online with my family in uk, having a nice dinner and a few drinks then back to the gym on boxing day!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I don't have an exercise program, I follow a training regime and that regime doesn't care what time of year it is. If there is a workout on the calendar, it gets done.