Question...may be too much information...please help

Options
2»

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I can't have Fiber One either....makes me too gassy and bloated. *sigh* They are yummy though.

And I've actually been having a problem of my own which I didn't have last time I was following MFP. I haven't be able to...um...go to the restroom for like the past 2 days. And I'm now up a little on the scale which I think is due to this. Flax you say? Maybe I should try it? I've never had this problem before...VERY frustrating!!!!

Another thing you could try is Colon Clenz. It is a natural pill that you can take every night before bed and it helps to make you regular:wink: I buy it at Wal-mart, but I'm sure it can be found other places.

Is it expensive? I've been hoping things would fix naturally because our budget is unbelievably low right now, but if things don't change I'm gonna have to do something! I feel MISERABLE!:sick:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I can't have Fiber One either....makes me too gassy and bloated. *sigh* They are yummy though.

And I've actually been having a problem of my own which I didn't have last time I was following MFP. I haven't be able to...um...go to the restroom for like the past 2 days. And I'm now up a little on the scale which I think is due to this. Flax you say? Maybe I should try it? I've never had this problem before...VERY frustrating!!!!

Another thing you could try is Colon Clenz. It is a natural pill that you can take every night before bed and it helps to make you regular:wink: I buy it at Wal-mart, but I'm sure it can be found other places.

No, I think it is around $5-6 a bottle. My daughter (14 years old) takes these because of constipation and very hard and large stools--sorry for the info.---and she didn't like taking the flax seed so someone recommended this for her. It has made her regular and softer stools. She also has gone to just taking a pill every other night, and now may even be able to go 2 days inbetween pills, so you can adjust as you need.

Is it expensive? I've been hoping things would fix naturally because our budget is unbelievably low right now, but if things don't change I'm gonna have to do something! I feel MISERABLE!:sick:
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What are friends for if you can't talk about poo? :laugh: I have encountered similar situations as I changed my lifestyle. I exercised more and that moved the poo. I ate better and that moved the poo. I stopped eating junk and that meant there was less poo to move so it was easier to move. I drank a lot more water and that keeps the poo moving. I went to bed earlier and got up earlier and the poo moved at a different time. At times I am sure that the poo was confused. I don't know the mind of poo but if it is ever confused it will either be in a hurry or afraid to move. I think change may be a hard thing for poo. I am happy to say that now that I have been eating and drinking and exercising better over the last 90 days poo is calm and, dare I say it, happy. :blushing: Here is wishing you happy poo too.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    lol:laugh:

pooterrific
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    What are friends for if you can't talk about poo? :laugh: I have encountered similar situations as I changed my lifestyle. I exercised more and that moved the poo. I ate better and that moved the poo. I stopped eating junk and that meant there was less poo to move so it was easier to move. I drank a lot more water and that keeps the poo moving. I went to bed earlier and got up earlier and the poo moved at a different time. At times I am sure that the poo was confused. I don't know the mind of poo but if it is ever confused it will either be in a hurry or afraid to move. I think change may be a hard thing for poo. I am happy to say that now that I have been eating and drinking and exercising better over the last 90 days poo is calm and, dare I say it, happy. :blushing: Here is wishing you happy poo too.
    Somehow i just KNEW that was from a guy. :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    LOL oh my...
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    WOW, it's just like here at my house full of boys! A frequent topic of conversation is either gas, poo, or the body parts thereunder..... :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    So...I went to the store tonight and couldn't find Colon Clenz, but I got some Fiber Laxatives that I'm going to try. Hopefully they work. I took some tonight so I'm hoping by tomorrow...you know...:blushing: :blushing:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Since we're on the subject...once I heard on TV that you know you're eating a balanced diet if it floats...does anyone know if there is any truth to this? LOL!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Well, yes and no!! :laugh: In general if it floats that's a good sign - means you're getting enough fiber. But if you have celiac disease - floating poo is a bad sign. Plus it can also mean that there is fat in your stool - which if you're trying to lose fat not sure why that would be bad??! But they say it is. However, if you're generally healthy, floating poo is a good thing. :bigsmile:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Since we're on the subject...once I heard on TV that you know you're eating a balanced diet if it floats...does anyone know if there is any truth to this? LOL!

This was on the Oprah show with Dr. Oz, he explained it all.... haha! Even the "S" shape to it...:tongue:
  • richardwelch
    Options
    i recommend this, it worked for me:

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/38165/detail/

:tongue:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    we can be deprived of fiber ones together:sad:

No! :cry: That makes me so sad...please oh please tell me there's something else causing this problem! I fell in love with my Chocolate and Oat FiberOne bar the minute I tasted it, and for 140 calories I want to eat one every day! And they were on sale at Wal-Mart so I bought 5 boxes lol!

you should try Gnu bars... they're AWESOME! They're all natural bars with 12 grams of fiber and only 130-150 calories. Trader Joe's have them, but i usually order them offline at www.gnufoods.com

no joke, all of them are sooo good!!! They take a few times to get used to because of the flax seed and everything that's in them, but give them a try

and since they're all natural and don't have any additives or preservatives, i never get gassy or anything
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you are reacting to Maltitol? I am not sure if Fiber One has Maltitol in it as a sweetner but I know that I react that way when I use it. I suggest doing some research on it.

I would suggest taking it out of your diet and seeing if you become regular again. Then you can add it again and see if you have a reaction. It could be other food sensitivities as well so be sure to keep looking if it is not the Maltitol. Changing your diet can make you more aware of these changes.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Here are a few sites that talk about common sweetners that are used in the place of sugar, and aspartame or even splenda. Many of them do give people diareah (sp) and it is good to know which ones give you that reaction.

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/xylitol_natural_sweetener.html

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/wholebody/ingredients/maltitol.html

http://www.drugs.com/pro/sorbitol.html
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    no wander why i'm been having gas problems these past few days. i've been eating fiber one oat and chocolate bar. yes i admit they're soooooooooooo good.
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    did you increase your fiber? could also be irritable bowel, i have this and it only takes a slight change in diet to set it off. did you eat something greasy....if you are eating super healthy and slip in a greasy burger or something....the body doesn't like it and may get upset.