Replies

• tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    double overhand for lighter weights, mixed grip for heavier

2nd this
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    I do both. When I go heavier (for me that is past 135 pounds) then I use the mixed grip.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mixed grip alternating every set. I also use straps but it's because my grip is weaksauce and I'm too focused on my lower body to put in the time necessary to increase grip strength.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Further to my reply in this thread, I did a PB today - 150kg (I weigh 70kg). Not only did I do "palms facing me" but I only hooked my fingers and not my entire hand round the bar. :noway:

LOL mine do that- but it's usually when I get tired- and start in on the super heavy stuff- I get some quality GRIP OF DEATH- with my fingers going- my friend laughs at how much I can lift with my fingers only- it kind of sucks.

Sounds good to me. You might enjoy rock climbing!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. You might enjoy rock climbing!

I would- I really loved it way back in the day- but I already have several expensive hobbies- BF would kill me if I picked up a new one!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Overhand, because at my work set just over 1x body weight so far, my grip isn't close to failing yet. When I hit the wall, I'll switch. In the meantime, overhand/hook grip for as long as I can.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Warm Ups - Double Overhand
    Working Sets - Mixed