How do you feel about one piece of candy a day?

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wait! Are we supposed to be limiting ourselves to one piece of candy a day? Am I doing something wrong here? 'Cause I ate a bag of gummi bears for breakfast.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I could never eat just ONE Starburst.
    Me too, once that pack's open.........:wink:
  • robertshurn
    Options
    in the same boat don't beat your self up you are doing great keep it up
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm .... by that logic, the peppermint brownie square I made room for in my calories would be a bad thing?

Plan for your candy, enjoy your candy-- because unless you are ready and willing to give up candy for the rest of your life, this won't be the last starburst you have!

:drinker:
  • tavery3700
    tavery3700 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eat it have two, just don't forget to log it.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I eat a treat every day. EVERY day. If I didn't I could not stay on a diet. Putting chocolate and a mint tea bag in coffee usually does it for me but I am not against a donut, chips, candy bar or some other thing. Just don't eat the whole bag of chips or more then 4 or 5 normal sized cookies.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Does it fit you macros? Yes. Fine.
    No? Better adjust other food intake to make it fit if you want it :).
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    I didn't eat much candy while I dieted, mostly because I felt BETTER because of it. But after a month or so I started adding small amounts of gummy candy that I REALLY loved. Didn't stop me from losing weight by any means. I also learned that it feels crappy to eat only candy, because I was really wanting more when I ran out of calories. Now that I'm on maintenance, I love that I get a budget of such calories each day. :o)
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just one? You have amazing will power, seriously. I have to not eat candy at all so I don't inhale the entire package. Sometimes, I just need chocolate and that can get dangerous, I try to go for the healthier alternatives, like dark chocolate covered fruit- which are awesome- but the bad stuff just tastes way too good :heart:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I feel that that is far too little candy.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That one piece of candy would turn into the whole bag. If you have more will power though go for it. I would just build it into my macros if I were you.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Um. I eat quite a bit of candy, cookies, cakes, dairy queen blizzards, and other sweets on a daily basis.

As long as it fits in my goals, I'm all about it.

There's no reason why you can't eat some.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I feel that that is far too little candy.

^this!
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    One piece?! I feel this is a SERIOUS problem!!!!

I never just have one piece! Hahaha. It is calories in calories out - if you have a sweet tooth then build a few treats in to your days - I do! Enjoy, its a lifestyle change not a "diet" so eat what you want, just don't eat crazy amounts of it! :)
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with a piece of candy? I have a mini dark chocolate candy when the mood strikes me, satisfies my sweet tooth and keeps me from going batty. Need a piece get a piece...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That one piece of candy would turn into the whole bag. If you have more will power though go for it. I would just build it into my macros if I were you.

If one piece of candy consistently turns into a whole bag, I'd question if you needed more calories throughout the day, or possibly had Binge Eating Disorder.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you eat dark chocolate instead, you can actually feel good about it. ;^)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    If one piece of candy consistently turns into a whole bag, I'd question if you needed more calories throughout the day, or possibly had Binge Eating Disorder.
    The latter for me.
    Maybe not for 'candy', as I'm not great a fan.

But I can have had a couple of big meals in the day, then hand me something I like - chocolate, nice meat, whatever and I'll easily much 1000+ calories of that.

Or it might that I just LIKE food :).
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day and I'm losing. I couldn't eat just one, I don't think. I find what works for me is if I know that I am going to want something like that at night. Save the calories from something else and eat what you want at night.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think what is best varies from person to person. Personally, I keep a few sweet things around and don't deprive myself. The past couple of days are pretty filled with sugar, but I mostly try to eat nutritious foods. If I really have a craving for sugar, I indulge in a piece or two of candy or half a chocolate bar... or even sometimes a few bites. If I don't let myself have it, I know a week from now I'll stuff my face completely with ALL the sugar.